Caught in the Rain

Caught in the Rain - Sungyeol

Clouds started to slowly mask the sun, with the light finding it harder to fight through the dense clouds that held billions to droplets of water. The once cooling breeze brought a chill over your skin causing goosebumps to form. Shuffling your simple black sneakers across the bamboo floor, you pushed the glass doors close to keep the draft from coming into the warm store. Lifting your eyes to the ominous clouds over head, you more lights around the small bistro. Grabbing a tray you walked around the shop and gathered the empty glasses and dirtied plates before you carried them back to the sink.

"Ms. Gong I have some more dishes" You announced as you came behind her and slipped the plates carefully into the warm bubbly water before you grabbed the washing gloves and started to slip them over your hands.

Wrinkled hands with almost a leather look to them caught your attention as the gentle touch was just like your Grandmothers’.

"Let me do that dear, you can go wash the tables and sweep then you can leave a little early today" She smiled at you, the wrinkles beside her eyes just made her old brown eyes sparkle with wisdom.

"Thank you Ms. Gong" You bowed to her as you handed her the gloves.

Grabbed a towel, you ran it under warm water before you walked out to the tables. Starting at one end of the bistro, you carefully wiped down the table and chairs before moving around the shop while humming to the songs that played lightly over head.

The whistling wind blew against the window panes causing a breeze or two to blow through the seems before you shivered lightly as you moved to another table and watched the sky darken further. Florescent lights shined off of the clean tables before you heard the jingling of the bells hit the glass door as a costumer came through the glass doors.

"Welcome, I will be right with you" You stood up and turned around as a tall man stepped into the shop.

The glass door slid into its place as the bell jingled gently as it locked into place. A smile spread on your lips once your eyes moved around the slender figure. Standing upright, you moved the rag in your hands while turning over to greet the man properly.

"Can I take your order?" You smiled looking up at the familiar face of your boyfriend while you balanced on your toes.

"May I have my girlfriend along with a kiss and a hug please?" Sungyeol smiled down at you while his hands slipped out of his pockets of his black jeans.

"I will have that ready in a few minutes for you" You smiled brighter looking up at him before you your heels and walked back to the counter as you grabbed the broom and started to sweep around the bistro.

"Can I help?" Sungyeol walked up to you and placed his hand over yours that wrapped around the broom handle.

"If you want to" You smiled happily as you handed him that broom as you grabbed another one from the back.

Ms. Gong looked around the corner and smiled seeing Sungyeol work from one side of the bistro while you worked on the other. Sweeping up all of the crumbs and little wads of napkins that fell from under the tables as wrappers of the straws that littered the floor.

Softly singing to the songs on the radio, Sungyeol stole glances at you in your cute navy blue button up blouse with your khaki skirt hanging on your hips as it flared out and ended in the middle of your thighs. With your cute black sneakers and your hair perfectly hanging over your shoulders, Sungyeol smiled and blushed before he swept his side of the bistro into a pile before he trotted and grabbed the dust pan.

Kneeling down in front of your dust pile, he held the pan for you as his brown eyes looked up at you. A bright smile pulled on your lips as you carefully swept up the dirt as he pulled the pan back a little each time to try and capture as much as he could.

Moving over to his pile, he slowly moved the dust pan back again as you pushed the trash into the pan. Once everything was cleaned, he took the brooms and the dust pan and emptied it before hanging up the tools.

Ms. Gong came out from the back as her eyes scanned her bistro with proud eyes.

"Wah~ It always looks so pretty when the two of you clean up together" She smiled with her wrinkles happily pulling around her lips and eyes.

"Thank you Ms. Gong" Sungyeol bowed with a cute smile. "You didn’t get my order, jagi"

Ms. Gong looked at you with a questioning look as you just blushed and wrapped your hand around his.

"This will have to do for now" You looked up at him before he chuckled and nodded.

Hearing a soft chuckle come from Ms. Gong, she shook her curly grey locks before she smiles and looked out the windows at the haunting clouds.

"You two should head home, I don’t want you getting caught up in this storm" Ms. Gong advised while she started to turn off the lights and head up to her place.

"It is a little early for me to go home though" You replied glancing at the clock as Sungyeol’s thumb brushed against your fingers.

"Then think of it as a bonus and take an early weekend. You really deserve it dear" Her sweet tone made it hard for you to argue with such a sweet and kind elderly lady.

"Alright Ms. Gong if you need anything please give me a call" You smiled as you grabbed your phone and held it in your free hand

"I will~ You two skidaddle or the rain will get you" She smiled and followed the two of you to the door.

"Have a good night Ms. Gong" Sungyeol smiled and held the door open for you to slip through. Waving to her she smiled and shooed both of you away as you giggled and skipped down the front steps of the bistro before you turned back to see her locking up the shop and turning off the lights.

Lastly, the words above the front doors turned off as Sungyeol gently tugged on your hand to turn your attention back to him.

"Did you have a good day sweetie?" He questioned looking over your perfect face.

"I did, it was kind of slow but I liked it since I got to talk with Ms. Gong" You smiled at him

"Oh~ What did you two talk about?" His eyes smiled down at you as a distant rumble of thunder started to alert you of the fast approaching storm.

"You know, the usual" Shrugging your shoulders slightly, you blushed while biting down on your bottom lip.

"You talked about me, didn’t you?" Sungyeol let your hand go and ruffled your hair playfully.

"Yah! I didn’t mean to! She brought it up!" You laughed and tried to push his hands away as he then started to tick;e you all over.

"Why would she bring it up?" He questioned with a smirk on his face.

"She thinks your handsome!" You shouted before you started to run up the street from him. Hearing this from you, he froze for a moment and blinked his eyes a few times before he brightened and ran after you.

"How can you say something like that and then run away?!" He called after you.

Hearing his thundering footsteps behind you, you knew that he was gaining ground on you as you couldn’t help it but squeal when his strong arms wrapped around you and lifted you from the ground. Twirling you around, you heard his childish laugh while you gripped his arms tightly.

"Let me down Yeolie~" You cried happily before a louder boom came over head and caused Sungyeol to place you down on the ground before looking up at the dark grey clouds.

"We better go home or Ms. Gong won’t like it that my handsome body got soaked" He teases with a playful smile

"Hey! I thought I was your girlfriend not Ms. Gong" You teased back as he started to trot off ahead of you.

Running up after him, you reached up and jumped onto his back just to slide off.behind him.

"Nice try" He laughed and turned around at a walking pace.

Both of you were silenced with a loud boom of thunder and lightning that cracked against the sky. Jumping to his side, his arm wrapped around your shoulder while his worried eyes looked down at you.

Starting to walk you followed his long strides, you felt the cold chill of the dropping temperature against your skin as you shivered as you tried to keep up your pace to stay warm.

Rain droplets started to fall, feeling the water hit your skin, you lifted your hand over your head as your walking turned into a run with Sungyeol by your side. His hand slid into yours as he held your smaller hand in his tightly. The droplets started to fall faster and got bigger as the cool air whipped across your skin making you colder by the minute.

With the light rain storm turning into a fierce downpour, he looked over at you while feeling your pace slow from your muscles started to ache from the wet, soaked clothes that clung to your body.

Rounding the corner, he pulled you under an awning and watched the droplets run front the top of your head down your stands of hair that stuck to your face then down your round cheeks and then finally collecting at the bottom of your chin then gently falling off.

Pushing you towards the darkened shops, he turned you so his back was blocking most of the wind from you as he saw a blueish hue come across your lips while his chocolate eyes looked over your drenched clothes.

"Are you cold?" He whispered over the raging storm. The gentle bob of your head told all while your arms folded across your chest while your legs danced a little trying to keep warm.

Shaking off the slightly damp jacket from his shoulders, he carefully helped you slide your arms through the sleeves then zipped up the jacket in front while he watched your eyes close while his warmth still threaded in the jacket seeped into your cold skin.

"Won’t you be cold?" You looked up at him just in a t shirt before his hands undid the knot of a plaid shirt around his waist. Pulling the fabric over his toned arms, he buttoned up a few buttons while his t shirt was still visible underneath.

"Now we both can be warm" Sungyeol put his arms out in victory causing you to laugh.

However, the storm still raged on while the temperature began to drop still. Your wet hair clung to your wet skin as you couldn’t help but shiver more and more. Watching you carefully, Sungyeol wrapped his arms around you and gently pulled you into his chest.

His warm embrace was so inviting, the sweet scent of his cologne caused you to feel warm inside even though you were so cold. With his large hands gently spreading out along your back and moving up and down your sides.

"What are you doing?" You whispered after a while, noticing that he wasn’t going to let you go anytime soon.

"Trying to warm you up, you feel so cold" He whispered against your wet hair as he tried to transfer his warmth to you.

"But you are cold too" You replied as you moved your hands so they are between your body and his, "I guess not as cold as me" You corrected feeling his body heat radiate to you.

A soft chuckle gently spilled from his lips before he looked down at you and moved one of his hands to gently rest your head against his chest.

"I needed my hug that I ordered" He replied feeling your body tense against his. Moving his hand gently up and down your back, he moved to block the wind from you while trying to warm you up.

"I don’t think you ordered this long of a one" You retorted quietly, loving the warmth of his body against yours.

"Do you not like it?" He questioned starting to pull his body away from yours.

"N-No, please stay. I like it" You whispered the last three words as a proud smile came over his lips.

His cold hand gently pulled out his phone and called Dongwoo to come and pick them up so you wouldn’t have to walk back in the rain.

"Y-You know this is the longest hug that we have had together" Sungyeol commented quietly against your damp hair while he felt you nod. "I was just kidding about the kiss that I ordered."

This time you pulled your head up off of his chest and looked into his eyes, your eyes slightly searching for answers.

"You sure?" You questioned with your blue lips, bringing up his chilled hand, his thumb gently brushed against your bottom lip sending a different kind of warmth through you.

"What if I actually want to kiss you?" He whispered looking into your eyes.

"I’m not going to stop you" You leaned in a little closer and eying his lips. "I want to kiss you"

Watching him lean in, you felt his fingertips gently brush against your cold cheeks, the palms of his hands pressing against your cheeks while gently tilting your face up to his.

Inching his face towards yours, both of your eyes flickered closed before your cool lips touched his. With the feeling making your heart flutter and an extreme warmth rushing through your body, you gripped his shirt gently as his lips started to move against yours. Sliding his hand to the small of your back, he held you against him while he kissed you in a silent confession.

A pair of headlights caught his attention as he slowly pulled away, your lips broke from his before you felt the warmth stay inside of you even after he pulled away.

"You two called for a taxi?" Dongwoo shouted through the open passenger window.

"Shall we?" Sungyeol opened one arm for you to go to the car as he pulled up the hood on the jacket so you wouldn’t get wetter.

Running out from under cover, you opened the door into the back seat quickly before Sungyeol followed you into the car and closed the door quickly behind him. The warm car showed you how cold you really were as you felt the chill on the edge of your ears and nose turn colder before they tingled gently. Moving your fingers slightly, you tried to warm them up as Sungyeol pulled over a little blanket and laid it over your legs while his arm rested over the back of the seats.

Leaning closer to him, you rested your head against his shoulder. Wrapping his arm around you, he pulled you closer as that same warmth of his body felt more comforting than the car’s heat.

With the sound of the rain on the car and the warmth slowly filling your body and relaxing your cold muscles, your eyes slid closed as your body relaxed against him.

Sungyeol watched the droplets run down the window before he checked up on you and found you fast asleep on him. A gentle smile came onto his lips, moving his free hand over, he pushed some of the wet hair behind your ear before he placed a sweet kiss on your temple.

"You’re too perfect" He whispered against your skin before he placed another kiss against your cool skin as the car continued down the road causing his eyes to gently close as well, feeling his heart at ease so close to yours.