Goodbye - for now

Always & To Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Goodbye - for now

**

A strange calmness settled over the dorm. It was nearing midnight yet no soul was awake and lurking. Well, except for one.

The slender figure quietly and carefully treaded the dark hallway. He passed door after door, his eyes set on the last door at the end. His heart was in turmoil – anxiousness, apprehension, and regret stirred within the caverns of his beating heart.

Once at the door, he willed himself to not run away. 'It's your last chance,' he thought.

With a shaky hand, he slowly turned the knob and entered the brightly lit room. The lights were off but the moonlight coming from the full ellipse illuminated the small area. He smiled a little, thankful he wouldn’t need to traipse his way through the room. Yet even without the moonlight, he knew this room well enough to navigate through the darkness.

He moved swiftly to the bed and stood over the sleeping figure. A pained expression instantly formed on his face when he gazed at the person's peaceful face.

Lying asleep and dreaming was his most important person. He looked like an angel, a fairy, a beauty to behold. He looked ethereal in his eyes.

He wanted to play with his soft brown locks; he wanted to touch his smooth and warm skin; he wanted to kiss his pink and lovely lips; he wanted to caress the contours of his face; he wanted to be with his beloved – but he can’t. He couldn’t anymore.

A tear rolled down his face. He didn’t realize he was already crying. His heart ached again. A surge of emotions came at him like waves of a tsunami. Pain was intensified tenfold. Regret was increased with each tear shed. Longing was amplified every time he breathed. It was as if leaving his most important person would be the death of him. 'I couldn’t live without him,' he thought.

“Luhannie?” a hoarse voice sleepily mumbled. A jolt of surprise zapped him back into the room. “Mi-Minseok?” he stuttered, voice raw from crying. “Di-did I wake you?” Luhan asked worriedly. He tried to sound calm and fine, he didn’t want for the older to see him in such a state.

He didn’t want to be seen in his time of weakness and helplessness.

Luhan knew the older was staring at him closely. The room was brightly lit and for sure Minseok has already noticed his tear-streaked face. But he still tried to hide it. He bowed his head and tried to cover most of his face with his hair. 'Don’t look at me,' he thought.

He heard a shuffle and he knew Minseok has already sat up. “Luhan,” the older suddenly spoke. The younger tensed up. “Luhan look at me,” Minseok urged. But Luhan shook his head and still didn't look up.

A sigh escaped from Minseok’s lips. He knew the younger was stubborn but there are times when he wanted Luhan to just surrender, to just give in.

He looked at his dear friend for a very long time. He knew he was suffering. Everyone knew. Fatigue was common when it comes to their line of work but even having to deal with insomnia would be a great struggle for anyone.

Luhan looked so thin and weak in Minseok eyes that his heart was pained to the point of breaking. He wanted to hug the younger tight and brush off all of his tiredness away. He’d do anything for his beloved.

He knew why Luhan came to his room tonight. He knew quite well what the near future awaits. It was inevitable but still, he would have wished for a better outcome.

Minseok wouldn’t be able to be with him anymore. There won’t be any more of them laughing together, or there will be any of them goofing around, or there will be any of them walking side by side, or there will be any of them singing together. There will never be any more ‘LuMin’ or ‘XiuHan’ posts or ships. There will never be an ‘them’ anymore.

His heart painfully constricted, his throat achingly tightened, and his mind madly screamed – the pain of losing Luhan also felt like losing his everything.  'Well, he is my everything,' he said to himself.

Minseok then froze. The realization of losing Luhan has finally dawned on him. He heard his heart break, along with usually calm demeanor.

A sob escaped from the lips of the elder as tears began to flow down his cheeks. "I don't want you to leave," he said between cries.

Luhan, who was caught off guard with the outburst, suddenly reached out and pulled the older to the floor with him. He wrapped his arms securely around Minseok and held him close to his chest while whispering words of comfort.

“I’m here Minseok. I’m here wiith you,” he whispered over and over.

He tried to soothe his crying but every attempt was futile. Minseok just kept on crying and tears just won't stop from flowing. No words could comfort him at all.

Desperation gnawing on him, Luhan decided to distract the older instead. He was a bit hesitant with his idea but he’s sure it would definitely stop his beloved. Well, he hoped it would.

“Minseok,” he said as he looked down at the still crying figure in his chest. A sigh escaped his lips. Luhan grabbed Minseok's face and held his cheek, successfully making the elder look up at him. His face was a blotchy mess of tears and snot but Luhan didn't mind. He was more engrossed on the cat-like orbs whose eyes were filled with tears.

Dropping all of his hesitance, Luhan kissed Minseok's temple, then his cheeks, then his nose. He tasted the saltiness of the elder's tears. His heart felt like breaking. He then, and finally, kissed Minseok on the lips – v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter