Chapter 1

Stalker..?

"Come on, Athena!"

I chuckle as my friend, Jade, drags me towards a merry-go-round, insisting I should ride it. Irene, another friend of mine, runs towards the attraction and gets on, saddling a white plastic horse.

"It's your birthday! Besides, when was the last time you got on one of these things?" she shouts over the jolly music, grinning from ear to ear.

Jade lightly punches me on the shoulder. "If you won't get on, I will. Bye!"

I just laugh at their childishness before turning to Kris, Irene's older brother.

"Are you going or what?" I ask him, fixing my snapback over my head.

He just shakes his head. "You go. I'm fine."

I smile at him before sprinting towards the carousel, picking out a distinct horse painted all the colors of the rainbow before getting on its back. Jade sees me and comes over, taking her place on the green horse beside me. She then points at my horse, laughing.

"I bet it poops rainbows."

I laugh with her, and soon Irene joins us. We constantly change rides before settling on a red sleigh filled with Christmas ornaments like gifts and glittery stars. Seriously, Santa Claus has deer, not horses.

The sleigh has just enough space to fit us three, so we're lucky. We sit silently, staring at the attractions and makeshift buildings around us. I catch a glimps of Kris buying cotton candy at a food truck, and I smile to myself. He has a thing for candy.

Weirdly, though, after staring at the same thing for multiple times, I notice something's off.

Someone's staring.

What I find so interesting about him is his hair, pastel green, blue and pink highlights against blond.

And he continues to stare.

The moment I lock eyes with him, he blinks, looking confused, and turns away. Like him, I blink, confused, and suddenly feel my blood coursing through my veins, rushing to my face.

Like, the hell?

And really, what's even weirder is the fact that I find him strangely familiar. That handsome face and wacky hair?

It's that thing

Something..

Ah.

That thing called déjà vu.