Chapter 10

Dancing In The Crystalline Frame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Double update!! If we can get to 60 votes, I'll double update again! Click here!

 

Miyeon had just finished her lunch and was making her way to class from the way over at other side of the school when she heard a sudden announcement asking for her to report to the office. 

A wave of panic washed over her. Did she do something bad? Was the principal mad at her for leaving early the other day? She bit her nails as she hurried to the office through the giant sea of people, anxiety winding up inside her like a rubber band, ready to snap at any moment. It got worse and worse as she neared her destination.

And when she got there, two boys were standing in the office, looking right at her. Their sharp stares pinned her to the spot.

What was Jungkook and Jimin doing here?

Before she could react, the two of them dashed towards her, grabbing her arms and dragging her away. She yelped in fear and struggled a little, but Jungkook quickly hushed her.

"We're just trying to help you, noona." He explained quickly, swerving around a corner.

Miyeon looked at them in disbelief. "Wh-What're you talking about? I don't need helping."

"Just shut up and follow us." Jimin hissed.

The pale girl scowled slightly at that comment. She dug her feet into the ground, forcing them to slow down, and tried to tear free from their grasp, but neither of them would let go.

"I don't need your 'help'," she said, her voice trembling. "Leave me alone."

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Out of all the times to finally fight back, you choose now. Nice timing, heiress."

Miyeon's coffee-tinted eyes narrowed slightly. "Heiress? Is that all you see me as? Some bratty rich girl who came here to flaunt her wealth?"

He raised his eyebrow in an unamused gesture. "Glad you got the hint."

"Noona, please, this isn't the time-" The maknae desperately tried to pull her along the hall, but she stood firm.

"Well I'm sorry for being born into the wrong family. I'm sorry that my dad is horrible. But I didn't do anything to you guys!" She continued, her voice still shaking. "Why are you guys so, so obsessed with making my life miserable? What is it that makes you hate me so much?!"

Miyeon was yelling by the time she was done. Jimin's grip on her arm slackened and she jerked it out, and glared at Jungkook, waiting for him to let go as well. But the maknae wasn't looking at her. His eyes were fixed on the other side of the hall, and he was frozen in terror. She followed his gaze, and stepped back, letting a small gasp escape her lips.

The rest of BTS, excluding V and J-hope, were running down the hall towards them. Jungkook snapped out of his trance and tugged at Jimin and Miyeon.

"Come on, we gotta get going if we're going to outrun them." He said, slinging Miyeon over his shoulder and dashing down the hall.

Jimin followed them, noticing that the pale girl had fallen silent and was clinging on to Jungkook in fear. The childish maknae that he always babied seemed like a gallant prince saving the damsel in distress from those who wanted to harm her. He seemed more mature... and even, maybe, a bit more manly. He shook his head and kept going. He couldn't be sentimental now, he had a girl to save... and a horde of angry gangmates to run from. 

Jungkook stopped short at the stairs. He couldn't speed down them with someone on his back. His eyes flicked over to the railing. Without another thought, he shifted Miyeon over to the front, carrying her bridal style, and slid down the railing. Jimin went down as well, close behind them, and got off after Jungkook as they kept running. They could hear BTS cursing behind them, mostly Rap Monster since he was too clumsy to slide down. 

Jimin turned his head and saw one of them slip away as they were distracted. He briefly wondered where he was going before turning back around and shoving open the door that was the school entrance... or rather, exit.

After sprinting down a few streets just in case, they made sure that they had lost them and collapsed onto the sidewalk, panting.

Miyeon, completely unharmed, albeit a bit spooked, stood up and looked at the two.

"Why... are you helping me?" She asked carefully.

Jimin adjusted his position on the concrete so that he was sitting. "Let's just say that Rapmon and us couldn't really see eye-to-eye."

"He wants to kidnap you and use you to blackmail your dad!" Jungkook panted. "He's gone nuts!"

His hyung glared at him, because he didn't want to drop the news so soon on Miyeon in case that she would get frightened and he didn't want to trouble her too much, but she didn't look too disturbed by the news. She just looked... a little sad.

"I wish he cared about me that much," she said softly, crossing her arms. "But he'd probably pay you to kill me and pass it off as a tragic murder."

They were silent for a bit, since no one knew what to say. Miyeon sensed the change of mood and tried to lighten up.

"B-But thanks for saving me and telling me about it! I'd probably be captured now if you didn't..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter