Finale

I love you

[Warning: contains semi-grusome scenes, slight use of blood, slight violence, character death (SPOILER: character doesn't actually die.]

It was dark. Everywhere Joonmyeon looked was this eerie blackness that made him uneasy. He didn't think that he had gone blind, but he also didn't see anything in the distance to convince him otherwise. Then out of nowhere, a image appears in mid-air of himself and his long time boyfriend: Do Kyungsoo. They were both in a park, it seemed. The image began to move, revealing that they were walking hand in hand when a strange guy came up to them with a gun. It wasn't a very big gun, but it was one nonetheless. 

"Give me all the valuable items that you have," the man demands while frantically waving the gun in front of the two. "Money too. Give me everything. Now!"

Joonmyeon felt Kyungsoo tremble through his small hand in his own and then he squeezed it when the guy shot. It felt like it was really happening to him here and now, but he knew obviously that it wasn't real. The Joonmyeon in the image watched as Kyungsoo released his hand and fell to the ground clutching his stomach. There was so much blood and Joonmyeon watched himself go white when Kyungsoo eventually stopped choking and breathing.

Before he can react to what he just saw, words appear in white in front of him that say, "a memory to be forgotten." They disappear only to be replaced with yet another picture; this time, on a movie screen and he finds himself sitting in a theater. As he stares at the screen, a teenage version of himself appears and his heart hurts for the oddest reasons.

"I'm moving." He sees a younger version of Kyungsoo appear in the storage closet of their high school gymnasium. "This weekend, to the states."

The screen blurs and then a plane appears spiralling out of control. He didn't want to believe it, but he knew that that was the plane Kyungsoo was on. He sees the plane getting closer to the water and he shuts his eyes, unable to view anymore.

Minutes later, he finds himself surrounded by darkness again. He was in tears at this point and he just wanted this nightmare to be over, if it even was one. But alas, it wasn't over. This time... This time was different. There was no image or theater screen; no other version of himself, just him. And in front of him, a sadly smiling Kyungsoo appears before him, holding onto his shoulders with tears pouring from his eyes and blood spilling from the corners of his mouth. He was hurt and hurt badly, but all Joonmyeon could do was stand there with his mouth gaping and his eyes widened with shock.

In his right hand was a knife; covered in warm, sticky red and on the knife was Kyungsoo. "It's okay, hyung," Kyungsoo says after shushing him. "I know you didn't mean to stab me. It was my fault for making you angry and and fighting with you. But it's over now. It's all over."

Kyungsoo smiles and his eyes slowly begin to shut. "N-No. Wait-" But before he could finish, Kyungsoo falls backwards and lands against tiled flooring. 

•••

Joonmyeon comes up flying from a deep sleep and he looks frantically around his shared bedroom. Kyungsoo wasn’t there, in bed, sleeping beside him. This terrified him to the point that he assumed the worst. And it was crazy of him, real crazy. It was morning, early in the morning from what it appeared and Kyungsoo could very well be downstairs, making breakfast for himself before he gets ready for work. But what if he wasn’t downstairs and he was living the reality that something horrible had happened to him?

He had to find out for himself.

So with trembling legs and a fast heartbeat, he leaves the bedroom and makes his way down to the kitchen slowly. He could hear sound of the water running in the sink and he could also hear the sounds of dishes colliding with each other gently, but what if it was just his mind playing tricks on him? 

So furthering himself toward the kitchen, he hears the soothing sound of Kyungsoo’s voice as he sings the same song he has always sang; a medley rather as he sang no words, just hummed a tune. And as Joonmyeon stepped into the kitchen finally, a warm sense of relief washed over him as Kyungsoo stood at the sink, washing up what dishes he used to make breakfast. 

He wanted to cry and cry hard. Those nightmares felt so really that he could have sworn the worst had happened to Kyungsoo and he was afraid that he was going to come down to an empty kitchen- an empty house.

And the longer he stood there, the more he wanted to engulf Kyungsoo into a hung and kiss him all over and thank him silently for being alive and never leaving him. And he does that, well, the majority. He walks up behind Kyungsoo as quietly as he possibly can and hugs him from behind tightly, but not uncomfortably. And he jumps, which makes Joonmyeon laugh to hide the tears he was, too, silently shedding, but he was still not quite over what he had dreamt. It still felt as if he had lost the love of his life, but the feeling was ceasing slowly because he could feel Kyungsoo. He could feel the warmth that radiates off of his tiny body; he could feel the softness of his skin and he could smell the subtle hint of vanilla in his hair, signalling that he had just showered thirty minutes prior to being in here.

“You scared me, hyung,” he whispers softly as if people were still sleeping when only maybe their house cat would be, but she hardly sleeps when people are in the house. She likes solitude. “What are you doing up so early? It’s saturday and you don’t have any classes.”

“I had a nightmare is all,” Joonmyeon answers into the soft, yet, dampened black hair on Kyungsoo’s head. “You smell nice.”

“What was your nightmare about?”
Joonmyeon closes his eyes and inhales deeply for what seemed like the thousandth time already. “I thought I had lost you; never so see you again.”

Kyungsoo is silent, but then he pats Joonmyeon’s hand. “Well, as you can see, I’m still very much here and I don’t plan to go anywhere.”

“I know.”

“Good, now let me finish these before I leave for work.”

Joonmyeon nods, but doesn’t let go. And Kyungsoo doesn’t push him too, he just continues to wash the dishes with a tired Joonmyeon wrapped around him. “I love you,” Joonmyeon breathes against Kyungsoo’s head and all Kyungsoo can do is smile boyishly as he turns the water onto rinse.


Author's note: 

So it was a tad longer drabble than intended, but I really got into it. only a hundred of 1k words. But I hope you liked it and thank you for reading~ ^^