I'll Call You A Memory

I'll Call You A Memory - Sungyeol

White flurries of snow began to drift from the thick grey clouds above to the frozen ground below. Freezing air clashed against the window that held the warm air in, ice began to form on the outside while a heated fight between a couple emerged behind the glass.

Voices escalated into screams and yelling to try and make the other person understand their side. Emotions ran high but you couldn’t take it anymore and turned away from him and trotted over to the front door.

"It’s over!" You yelled at the top of your lungs while your hand lifted your heavy jacket from the back hook.

"Please…" Sungyeol pleaded quieter than before, as he tried to do anything to make you stay, he watched your hand reach out for the brushed nickle handle on the door and then twist it.

The door opened as you slipped outside and slammed the door behind you. Sungyeol trotted over to the door, Opening the door after you left, he felt like running after you but when his eyes saw the empty hallway with no one in sight. Closing the door quickly, he trotted over to the large windows that peered over the street.

Watching your form move over the shallow blanket of snow, Sungyeol ran over to the front door and pulled it open as his long legs lengthened while his quickening stride brought him out of the building.

”_____!” He called as he pushed through the front doors. Stopping for a moment, you looked over your shoulder at Sungyeol, his hand wrapped around your arm as he turned you around to face him.

"Why are you leaving me? What did I do wrong?" Sungyeol submitted trying to see if he could fix it so you could come back to him.

"Why am I leaving you?" The angered tone in your voice told all as you ripped your arm out of his grip. "I am not your girlfriend anymore, I am a prisoner that is kept at home, imprisoned in your apartment. Please don’t contact me again. This was over a long time ago."

With that you walked to the edge of the sidewalk, looking both ways you crossed the street and trotted over to the covered bus bench as Sungyeol blinked under the street lights. Snowflakes began to get larger as they stuck in your hair.

Inhaling the cool air causing his lungs to burn, he let out the now warmed breath and watched the white cloud of air form in front of his mouth. The bus rolled up, snow stuck to the bottom of the windows as it piled up in the wheel wells, the wipers squeaked mercilessly against the windshield.

The lights in the bus showed you enter into the empty vehicle as Sungyeol watched from the sidelines as you found your seat in the back of the bus and pulled out your earphones and placed them in your ears. Revving of the engine, the tires crunched the snow beneath the tires. Sungyeol’s eyes watched the large bus roll away as more warm breaths created little clouds in front of his mouth.

The bus turned the corner and was soon out of his sights. Slipping his cold, reddened fingers into the pockets of his black pants, he dropped his eyes while his eyes coated with tears. A chilling breeze rushed over him causing his body to shiver in response.

Slowly turning around, he made his way back inside while the snow in his hair began to melt. Your words never left his head, hearing your anger and your rebellious and forceful exit he sighed once more until he made his way up to his apartment.

Padding through the opened front door, he closed it slowly and locked it before he tread over to the large windows that opened up to the street below. Pressing his hand against the cool window, he let out a strained breath while his heart started to slowly shatter.

A white cloud of his warm breath stuck to the cool window as his eyes fell on the disappearing pair of footsteps that traced your route over to the bus bench. Cars raced across the street, leaving their tracks behind while the snow storm outside started to rage on.

Closing his eyes slowly, he knew that this day would come; the day that he would loose you to the harsh world outside. Yet feeling like he should keep you here and locked up was the only way that he could keep you close to him when he felt you falling away from him. With his reasoning trying to comfort him that he did the right thing he turned away from the window, he let his fingertips drop from the window and his hands rested on his hips while his legs slowly paced in front of that window.

Silence slowly started to close the walls in around him, his heart beating slower and slower while sadness and agony squeezed his chest tighter and tighter. Shuffling over to the radio slowly, he flipped on the power button before he leaned against the wall and closed his eyes. Knocking his head back against the wall, he heard the voices of the radio come on as he let out another deep sigh.

"The next song that we are going to play is from Taeyang’s newest album Rise, it is called Eyes, Nose, Lips. Please enjoy~" The radio DJ faded the song in as Sungyeol looked down at the radio while the beginning chords of the piano began to play.

The lyrics came next as Taeyang’s sweet voice filled his apartment.

Don’t be sorry,
that makes me more pitiful.
With your pretty red lips
please hurry, kill me and go.
I’m all right.
Look at me one last time
Smile like nothing’s wrong,
so when I miss you I can remember.
So I can draw your face in my mind.

My selfishness that couldn’t let you go
turned into an obsession that imprisoned you.
Were you hurt because of me?
You sit silently.
Why am I a fool, why can’t I forget you.
You’re already gone.

Your eyes, nose, lips
Your touch that used to touch me,
to the ends of your fingertips.
I can still feel you

but like a burnt out flame,
burnt and destroyed
all of our love
it hurts so much, but now I’ll call you a memory.

Love you, loved you
I must have not been enough
Maybe I could see you just once by coincidence.
Everyday I grow restless,
Everything about you is becoming faint.
You smile back in our pictures,
unknowing of our approaching farewell.

My selfishness that couldn’t let you go
turned into an obsession that imprisoned you
Were you hurt because of me?
You sit silently.
Why am I a fool, why can’t I forget you.
You’re already gone.

Your eyes, nose, lips
Your touch that used to touch me,
to the ends of your fingertips.
I can still feel you

but like a burnt out flame,
burnt and destroyed
all of our love
it hurts so much, but now I’ll call you a memory.

Your black eyes that only saw me
Your nose that held the sweetest breath
Your lips that whispered ‘i love you, i love you’..I….

Your eyes, nose, lips
Your touch that used to touch me,
to the ends of your fingertips.
I can still feel you

but like a burnt out flame,
burnt and destroyed
all of our love.
it hurts so much, but now I’ll call you a memory.

Salty, bitter tears filled his eyes slowly. Thoughts of you started to fill his mind through the whole song. A reel of memories strung together as he watched it with a pain-filled broken heart.

Slowly Sungyeol began to sing along to the song, while the memories of you smiling and laughing with him filled his mind. Spilling his tears over the brims of his eyes, he saw your peaceful face rest on his chest as you slept, his fingertips running through your hair.

The once beautiful relationship filled with trust and love started to turn as he felt you try and distance yourself from him, in his attempt to hold you closer, you just pushed further away. Finally taking matters into his own hands, he brought you into your house and imprisoned you. Sungyeol tried to make you as comfortable as possible but he could see you pushing him away even more. Then tonight unfolded before his eyes while more tears rolled down his face.

"I still love you" He whispered while feeling his knees go weak "I can’t stop loving you. I just wanted us to be together" He cried into his hands while his body slid down the wall.

Sobs rocked his body while he listened to the songs play on the radio while feeling his heart sink into his stomach as you faded into his memory as the one that he loved more than anyone he had before.