♥♥♥♥

The Sweet Phone Call

 

They say love is something you shouldn’t find coz it will naturally come to you. I don’t know if I should believe in that idea.

Then the other one say that the one you really love is there all along or better yet, the right one for you is always at your side the whole time you are searching for the one you think that was right for you. Shall I believe it now?

Haaay… Love’s idea. That’s making me sick.

You will just realize someone’s worth when they weren’t beside you anymore. I think I will believe in this saying. I realize how lucky I am for having my half brother the moment he flew to Thailand with our parents. I’ll admit it. I missed him. And it kills me.

I was silently sitting staring at the orange sky. Sunset is great to watch. I love it. But it reminds me of someone!

Yeah, where on earth is she? She’s late again. Why can’t girls be punctual? She was the one who fixed this sudden meeting but she’s-----

“Waiting for long, handsome?”

I heard a very familiar voice. Finally! She arrived. I looked back and saw my childhood best friend my long time imaginary girlfriend (I wish she would be…) smiling on her cheerleading uniform and her cute pigtails. I love this girl. So damn much. Everyone knew. Expect for her though. I can’t tell her. I am afraid that when I do, I’ll lose her.

She was the only reason why I tend to stay here in Korea alone rather than having my quality time with my family. Well, living near her is a great choice. She’s beautiful inside out.

I chuckled when I suddenly felt cold water dripping on my numb legs.  I looked at my side. She was handing me a drink. Sports drink to be exact. I took it and widely smiled. I opened it and gulp half of the content. It was sweet and refreshing just like her. The drink swept away my tiredness from my nine hour sports practice.

We just silently sat there together. She was sipping her milk while leaning her head on m shoulder. We look sweet. I wish it was for real. I love her. I wish I have the courage to tell… after a couple of minutes, while the sun is making way for the moon, I looked at her. Her eyes were closed. But she wasn’t sleeping. She’s just feeling the warm breeze of the air on top of our favorite hill. I deeply sighed. Courage is not being friendly to me. I’m so damn coward. Yes, I am. I’ll admit it. I am coward. But only to her….

“We’re best friends right?”

She suddenly asked. I laughed and said;

“Yes, of course.”

She took my hands and squeezed it tightly as she asked me something that caught me off guard;

“So, be honest with me, who do you like?”

I smiled widely and honestly said;

“No one.”

“HUH?”

“No one, I mean I actually love someone.”

She happily squealed and looked at me straight in the eyes. She cupped my face and told me happily;

“Ohhhhh, Minho! That girl must be really lucky! She had stolen the heart of the IT man? Wah!”

I laughed. Then said;

“Definitely. I love her ever since I meet her.”

“Wah! Really? Since were best of friends, I should meet her. Go ahead! Feel free to call her!”

“Oh, okay.”

I just said. How will she meet herself? Gaah! What am I gonna do! I am in trouble. How will she meet the one I love if it was her? Oh, whatever Minho! She doesn’t and won’t give a damn! Just call her and tell her straight that you love her! I told myself. Before doing the move, I silently called all the Gods I know. I want them to bless me with the endless courage to tell the girl beside me that I love her so.

Oh! Anyway, she’s the most outgoing, the most gorgeous girl; the most loveable girl I’ve ever met. She’s Lee Taeyon! Yup, the lead cheerleader was my childhood best friend. The one I love. The one I love ever since I learned how to.

I took out my phone and dialed Taeyon’s number. She startled when she suddenly heard her phone ringing. She tried to find it quick while telling me;

“Wait, hang on. I think I am getting a call.”

When she finally saw her phone, she took it and answered;

“Hello.”

I didn’t bother to answer. She strangely looked at me as I sweetly say;

“You can’t meet the one I love coz it was you.”

I paused; deeply sighed again and whispered low enough to let her hear it;

“I love you….”

She put her phone on her lap; scooped closer to me; hugged me tight and say;

“I’m happy it wasn’t someone else.”

She kissed my right temple and said something that made me happy;

“I love you too, Minho.”

Now I finally believe that the one you really love is there all along. This is true. Coz Taeyon had been with me all along. The one I love is with me all along. And I am happy she finally knew.