Lies and regrets

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUR POV

I enter his office, since the first day we met I knew something was different, and now… we are married

“Hi! I need to tell you something!” I smiled at him while putting some muffins I bought on my way here. But as soon as I lay them on his desk I noticed something strange

“Here” he gave me an envelope

“What is this?” I was confused but I was excited, I have some good news to tell him, and I can’t wait

“Open it”

“Can I do it later? I have some things to tell you”

“No”

“Okay…but…”

“I said, open it”

“Are you upset? Want me to give you a massa…”

“Damn it! Open it!” he hit the desk and I got scared

I opened the envelope and when I read the first word I couldn’t believe it

“What… what is this...?”

“Divorce, I want the divorce” he sounded cold and…not him

He was always caring, even if he was known to be a cold prince and an unapproachable man he was always caring.

I came here to work 3 years ago, since the first day we met he never stop bothering me, well… at the beginning it was troublesome, but then I noticed how cute and caring he was.

He always made sure I ate at my hours, and if it was cold he would send some chocolate to my office, knowing I didn’t like coffee. On my birthday he asked me out for the first time, and on Christmas day he asked me to be his girlfriend.

It was our first year anniversary and he asked me to marry him, but… I wasn’t sure about my answer.

His mom had always hated me, since I wasn’t an Asian girl, she always tried to separate us, and not only his mom, but also this obsessive girl that wanted him in all cost.

But I couldn’t say no… who would have said no to Mark Tuan.

We got married some months later, and even on those days his mom never let us in peace. Even on the wedding day she tried to stop me and made me arrive later. You can imagine how Mark was until I finally arrived.

We were happy, he always wanted to have a baby as soon as possible and now… we are getting a divorce.

“But.. Why?”

“And you are asking me why? I can’t believe how… dumb you are”

“But… I don’t know…”

“Don’t give me that bull, I would have listened my mom, I would have never get married to you”

“Mark… I”

“Also, I want you to resign” and in that moment, I knew…

I promised myself that I would never depend on anyone, I studied hard to be what I am, I would only depend on me, and I will do it. I would not ask forgiveness for something I’m sure I didn’t do.

“Okay” I took my bag and the envelope and went out of his office… of his life.

 

I arrive to our house, the place where we share the best moments of our marriage, and now… I’m leaving.

I leave all the things he gave, and with them, my ring…

 

“Is Ms. Tuan free?” I asked her secretary

“Ms. Tuan wouldn’t want to see you miss”

“Just one moment, I will leave after that”

“ok..okay”

She let me go to her office, and when I arrive I hear laughs.

“We did it!!” it was the annoying voice of Suzy, the obsessed girl

“I know! Now we are free of her!” they were celebrating we were getting a divorce? I knew for the first moment that it was all a plan of them, but I couldn’t believe Mark believed them

“Ms. Tuan…” her secretary opened the door, and they look at me

“Oh… look who is here…” Ms. Tuan stands up with a glass of wine in her hand, and Suzy smirked

“Please leave us alone” she told her secretary

 

“I want to talk with you, alone” she nod to Suzy and she leave us alone.

“What do you want? I think my son already give you the divorce papers”

“Yes he do, and I only want to give you something” I take out and envelope and put it on her desk

“I don’t want anything from you”

“Is the last time… please? I just want you to know this. And please, I beg you. Don’t tell Mark.”

“You would never say me what to do, you got it?”

“I know, but please. Also I want to thank you for… giving birth to a man that made me happy, even if it was just for a short time. And I want you to know, that I will always be grateful. Goodbye” I bow to her, even if she was a b*tch I had my values and I like her. Also she is the mother of the man I love and… I would never stop loving. But I can’t be with someone who doesn’t trust me.

I take a taxi to the airport. Knowing I will board the plane that will lead us to a new life…

 

MARK POV

I was in my office, it was morning and I was a little bit concerned about my wife, she has been a little bit sick, so I asked her to go to the hospital, I wanted to go with her but I had a meeting. So I was waiting impatiently for her.

“Sir, this has just arrived” my secretary enters with an envelope

“Thanks, when my wife arrive, please tell her to come”

“Yes sir”

I opened the envelope, and the first thing I saw made me got furious. It was my wife and… my best friend. Almost kissing, the next photo was from another angle and they were kissing. I could stand it anymore and trough them, I noticed the next envelope, it was the divorce papers. I was so angry that I couldn’t think straight.

I had always felt that my best friend liked my wife, but her, liking him back?!”

In that moment my door opened and she was there… the love of my life… but I couldn’t stand it anymore. She cheated me with my best friend.

I don’t know why I said those bad things to her, but I can’t be with her anymore; not knowing what she did to me. I think my mom would be happy now.

I couldn’t work anymore; I just stayed on my office.

It was almost afternoon when the door opened, and it was him… Jackson Wang

“Hey Bro! Are you happy?!”

“Go out!”

“wh..What? Hey what happened you look troubled?”

“Don’t give me that sh*t Jackson, go out! I don’t want to see you ever again!!”

“Calm down and tell me what the hell are you talking about?”

“Don’t play the innocent, you were kissing my wife! You two cheat on my back!”

“What bull sh*t are you talking about?”

“I receive this today, and don’t tell me those are fake” I trough him the photos, he smirked and looked at me

“Oh, these? Yes, they’re not fake” I couldn’t stop my fist and punch him in the face

“Do you feel better?” he asked me with a cocky smile

“No! I don’t want to see you ever again, just like her!”

“You can’t, you can’t live without her, you can live without me, without your mom, even without water, or air, but you can’t live without her”

“You are wrong, I already did it” he looks surprised and… angry

“What? What the hell did you do?!!” he took me by the shirt

“I ask her for divorce”

“Are you crazy?!! You are stupid!”

“Now you can go to her, and be happy!”

“Even if I wanted to, she would never accept me, and you know why? Because she loves you”

“It wasn’t enough, she kissed you!”

“Mark Tuan, I can’t believe you are that stupid. Tell me who the hell is the only person that would set this up? And don’t tell me you don’t know” in that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter