Walk, Walk (Fashion Baby)

Walk, Walk (Fashion Baby)

 

Letting the coordinator make a few adjustments to his dress, Chanyeol took a deep breath and squared his shoulders. This is it; it was his turn. He was going to go out there and own it. After this, the world will learn about ChanJoo, the breathtaking new model of VivaPauline.

 

Groaning, Chanyeol woke up to the annoying tone of his alarm. Turning it off, he sat up in bed, yawning. He stayed like that for a few minutes, contemplating if he should go to the university today or skip it. He had a report to turn in, but he could send it to the professor through e-mail and say he couldn’t go due to an emergency?

Chanyeol seriously didn’t want to go to. He was so tired of it, but he couldn’t do anything about it. He fought so hard for his parents to let him have a major in music so he couldn’t give up now. Honestly, he had more fun helping his out sister, in her fashion company-- sometimes he did it while imagining he was a real employee there.

The fashion industry had dazzled him, from the event planning to the modeling. He wouldn’t mind modeling himself; he had the looks-- hell, he knew he was handsome and sometimes even exceptionally beautiful. He could be like one of those famous androgynous models, like Andrej Pejic or Jack Paulo. The more he thought about it, the giddier it made him.

He knew he couldn’t do anything about it now, but no one said he couldn’t after he graduated from university. With that, he jumped off his bed and sat at his desk, quickly waking his computer and e-mailing his professor. After that, he got ready and started the pleasant journey to his sister’s company.

 

When he got there, he greeted the secretary at the lobby desk and made his way to 7th floor, where his sister's office was located. As he got closer he noticed that his sister’s secretary, Nick, kept throwing worrying glances at the door.

“Hey Nick, is there something wrong?”

“Oh Chanyeol-ssi! Good morning and... Well, you could say that? Yura-nim is in a meeting with SunHee-ssi, and they’ve been there for almost 2 hours.” Nick informed Chanyeol while keeping her eyes on the French-style door.

“I see; I’m sure it’s nothing! It’s probably SunHee being her hard-headed self.” Chanyeol reassured the secretary with a loud laugh.

But as soon as he said this, the doors opened and SunHee elegantly strutted out; didn’t even greet Chanyeol like she usually would, which made Chanyeol feel as if he had a stone sinking in his stomach. He looked at Nick before sprinting into the office, where he saw his sister at the desk, with hear head in her hands; the office had a desolate air about it. He quietly shut the door and made his way to her side.

“Yura, what happened?” His voice was gentle as he crouched beside her chair and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Oh Chanyeollie, it’s horrible! SunHee just quit! She’s joining our rival company and, not only that, but now I’m a model short for KEY’s fashion show! She was the star model too!” Yura sobbed while throwing her arms around Chanyeol. “The show is in 3 days! That’s not enough time to find someone available, let alone of SunHee's caliber! What am I going to do?”

Chanyeol didn’t know what to say, so his arms just tightened around Yura. He knew how much this meant to his sister. KEY was a big player in the fashion world-- his shows always drew important people in. He really wanted to tell her that it was going to be okay but… ‘How will it be? If only there was a way…’ Chanyeol thought as he caught their reflections on a mirrored art piece.

‘…There is, but can I do it? Do I have the courage for it? I only know what I’ve seen and read… Either way, I need to help her.’ Nodding to himself, Chanyeol slowly broke the hug to look at Yura.

“Everything is going to be okay, sis.” Seeing she was going to refute him, he continued, “Because I know just the right model for the job! They’re free and incredibly beautiful, though an amateur. What do you say?” He smiled at her, hopeful.

Yura furrowed her eyebrows “And who exactly is this person?”

Smiling wider, Chanyeol dropped the bomb, “Me, of course!”

“What. Chanyeol, please! Don’t joke about things like these!” Yura pursed her lips in anger, “This is an huge problem for me right now and I don’t need your jokes!” She returned back to her seat as she said this.

“But I’m not joking! I swear! Please, sis, listen to me!” Chanyeol pleaded as he walked in front of the desk, “I’m going to admit to you that after helping you out, this has fascinated me. I’ve seen the work you do, I’ve seen the models work, and I want to try it. Please let me do it!” He leaned forward, grabbing her hands.

“But Chanyeol, while you have been a great help, you don’t know how to model. Besides, KEY wants a female, not a male model.” Yura just looked at him with desperation still in her eyes.

“But Yura!” Chanyeol groaned, “Think about who KEY is! Think about who I am! About how much I look like you? With the right make-up and clothes I could definitely pass for a female model. I… I could be the Andrej Pejic of this company.” There. He said it.

Yura’s mouth hanged open, “You- you thought about this before, haven’t you?” she questioned him, “Chanyeol, since when?”

“A while” was all Chanyeol would say.

Sighing, Yura stood up again and looked Chanyeol squared in the eyes. “Okay. I’ll let you do it, but only because I know that if I don’t concede now you will keep pestering me. And it’s true that KEY would like the idea of someone like you being the star of his show...”

“Thank you so-“ Yura held up a hand to stall him.

“Don’t thank me now, thank me after KEY accepts you as his star model. You’ll be going down right now to JoKwon for a crash course in modeling. I’ll also be sending Dionysus to take some profile photos of you and Ciel will be dressing and styling you. Tomorrow morning we’ll meet with KEY and introduce you to him. Pray to God he’ll accept you. Now go, I have to draw up the paperwork.”

 All Chanyeol could do was stay rooted on the spot, smiling, as he looked at his sister turn into the brilliant CEO she was. This only fueled his desire to do his best so he could make her proud of him. Of course, he might also get signed as a model in her company, which was a huge plus for him.

“Well? What are you waiting for? Jokwon is waiting for you, so scram!” Yura yelled at Chanyeol, amusement tinting her eyes and a smile hinting at the corner of her lips.

“Aye aye, boss!” Chanyeol saluted her before turning and sprinting out of her office and towards JoKwon’s lair. As he took the elevator, he couldn’t help but laugh. He was going to model and wear pretty dresses and cool clothes! ‘Yes! I’ll do my best to make sister proud of me! I’ll make KEY choose me and I’ll turn his fashion show into a huge success! Chanyeollie fighting!’ He pumped his fist into the air as he finally arrived at the 5th floor.

As he turned the corner towards the corridor that led to JoKwon’s studio, he saw that Dionysus and Ciel, alongside JoKwon, were waiting for him. Chanyeol could see that they were clearly excited about this. In turn, they didn’t notice his arrival so he cleared his throat to gain their attention.

“Hello. I’m Chanyeol, the new model. Please take care of me.” He bowed, trying not to laugh at their faces; after all, they were the three people that started this company with his sister so he’s known them for practically all his life.

“You rascal!”

“Finally!”

“About damn time!”

Chanyeol straightened up, blinking at the trio. Before he could question what they meant, he was being pulled into the studio, chatter all around him. How were they going to dress him, what colors and lights and poses? If it was anyone else, they would’ve run scared; but this was Chanyeol, who’s been dreaming of this for the longest time. And the more he heard them talk, the more excited he got. It was going to be exhausting but it was going to be worth it, he was sure of it.

14 hours later and a new wardrobe –because one needs to dress the part on their off time too, according to JoKwon– Chanyeol entered his apartment. As predicted, the whole ordeal was exhausting. He dragged his feet towards a quick shower, and after-- without even bothering to dress in his usual tank top and boxers-- he crashed into his bed, falling asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

 

 

 

Sweeping boring eyes around the room, Yifan sipped at his champagne. KEY’s After Party was filled with nothing but talk about the gorgeous, fiery goddess that walked at the end of the show in a stunning yellow-orange gown. Nobody knew who she was; the only thing anyone knew is that she had to be a new model.

Yifan himself was interesting in her; he found her to be perfect for his new jewelry collection. She was unlike anything he had ever seen; long limbs, plump lips and the prettiest eyes that took your breath away. Yifan wanted to know more of her, but so far she hadn’t appeared at the after party yet and he was growing anxious. He felt like he needed to get to her before someone else did.

Sudden jittering broke out throughout the room as KEY finally made an appearance on the small stage where the DJ was located. Like everyone else, Yifan knew that KEY was going to introduce the goddess to the world.

“I hope ya’ll are having a good time! And I know you little freaks are just dying to know who the beautiful goddess was, so I won’t keep you waiting any longer!” KEY’s words made the entire room its collective breath in. Yifan his lips and walked even closer to where the mini stage was. He felt that his hands were also sweating; whomever it was he, just knew his life was going to change after this.

“Ladies and gentlemen! I present to you, the beautiful ChanJoo!”

Out came ChanJoo, wearing a white button down with the sleeves rolled at the elbows, a tight black blazer that hugged her waist and showed off her curves, and black skinny jeans. On her feet were simple black shoes.

She looked no less stunning than she did on the runway. She was charming and her smile was like the brightness of the sun itself. Yifan felt like his heart was about to burst out of his chest. He watched ChanJoo’s beautiful eyes roam around as KEY continued talking.

“Isn’t he just lovely? More beautiful and handsome than any other ordinary model, all in one body! Please give him your guidance.”

Mind. Blown.

Yifan was rooted on the spot; this beautiful creature was a guy? The information was astounding-- KEY just used a guy for his piece and no one noticed. Though he had to agree with KEY in that he was more beautiful than any other model. The more he thought about it, the more Yifan realized that he still wanted to know him better. He still wanted him to model for his new collection.

Deciding to retreat to the bar, Yifan started to think on how he was going to approach ChanJoo. He needed to charm not only ChanJoo but his agent as well. As he grabbed the drink the bartender got him, he decided to wing it. He didn’t have the time to think of strategies right now, so the best course of action was to be casual.

Looking around Yifan found ChanJoo easy enough. The man appeared to be having an uncomfortable conversation with someone. Yifan thought this was a great opportunity without looking much like a hero. As he approached, he started hearing the conversation and got a clear view of whom it was. He actually had to stop himself from snarling at the other man.

“Well, well, well. What a… pleasant surprise.” Yifan focused on the cat-like man, barely glancing at the poker-faced model on his arm, “I see you were up to your old tricks again. About time they blew up in your face.” Chuckling at the enraged face of the despicable man, he turned to ChanJoo who seemed to realize what happened between the model and the slanted-eye man. Sharp.

“Pardon the interruption, but I couldn’t help it any longer.” Those pretty eyes seemed even brighter up close, “Name’s Wu Yifan, designer and CEO of GalanFlare Accessories. It is exquisite to finally meet you.”

Chanyeol was flustered for a second. He knew of the young CEO and had seen a few of his pictures. In fact, Chanyeol loved his accessories and even saved enough once to buy an intricate ring with a pretty sound wave design in it. He took the man’s hand for a shake, only for his face to flare up as Mr. Wu laid a kiss to the back of his hand.

“The pleasure is all mine Mr. Wu.” Heart shaking, Chanyeol congratulated himself for keeping his voice steady.

The smooth baritone voice of ChanJoo caused a spark to travel along Yifan’s spine. This man should be illegal. He looked so pretty blushing and his voice was near ic.

Yifan swallowed his desire, “Would you like to accompany me to a quieter place? I would like to discuss the possibility of you being the model of a new line of accessories I have planned.”

“Yes, of course.” This time Chanyeol couldn’t keep the breathiness out of his voice. He let the other man settle his hand on the crook of his elbow and be led away. Chanyeol felt no need to look back and instead engaged in small talk with Mr. Wu.

As they walked, they were completely unaware of the stares they were causing, so enclosed into each other. The small talk let them know that they only had two years of age difference and that they had a couple of common friends. They also discovered that they had a lot in common, from music to TV shows and even sports.

Yifan was feeling euphoric. This beautiful goddess, was everything he had ever dreamed of in a companion. Smart, funny, and a smile that turned his insides into jelly. He was falling fast, he knew it, and as crazy as it sounded, he felt that ChanJoo was too.

And he would be right. The older man enchanted Chanyeol; he was cool, handsome and his gaze made Chanyeol feel like he was the only one in his world. Chanyeol didn’t think it was possible. After all, falling so fast for someone you just met only happened in movies, right? Not in real life, and certainly not in Chanyeol’s life. Even so, he felt it.

“Here we go.” Yifan got them a little secluded corner where he knew they would be ensured a little privacy.

“So tell me, Mr. Wu, about this modeling job for your jewelry.” Chanyeol immediately stated he wasn’t scared that Yura would say no, since he had a less restricted contract than the regular models. So he knew without hearing about Mr. Wu’s plans that he was going to say yes-- anything just to keep seeing this wonderful man.

“Please, call me Yifan. I’m not that older than you.” He smiled at ChanJoo, who smiled back at him with a nod.

And so Yifan got down to business, explaining to ChanJoo the concept of his new work and why he felt like ChanJoo would fit perfectly. As he talked, ChanJoo’s face lit up and the young man expressed his excitement about his ideas, as well as asking for explanations to things he didn’t quite understand. All in all, Yifan knew he had him as a model.

“Mr.– I mean, Yifan. I would love to model your new collection. I will talk to my agent tomorrow morning and they’ll contact you.” Chanyeol smiled at the older, “How does that sound?”

“It sounds perfect, ChanJoo. Now let me get you back out there before people think I kidnapped you.” He chuckled and led ChanJoo out.

“Oh, well, I wouldn’t have minded that at all.” ‘What the Chanyeol where did that come from?! Oh my god are you crazy!’ Chanyeol was in near panic. He hoped he hadn’t scared Yifan off.

Laughing at ChanJoo’s bold statement, he leaned closer to the other’s ear; “If you’re willing then I guess I can kidnap you anytime you want. Just say the word.” He whispered in a low rumble, enjoying the pink flush that spread from ChanJoo’s ear to his cheeks.

Chanyeol couldn’t control his blush but he could control the shivering that wanted to take over his body at those words. “I’ll hold you to that, and–” Something told Chanyeol that he should let the other know, so leaned close to Yifan’s cheek and whispered, “Name’s Chanyeol” He laid a slight peck and strutted away; he knew he did the right thing.

Cradling his cheek, Yifan felt like he'd just been kissed by fire, ChanJoo’s real name whirling about in his head. To be entrusted with such info when they'd just met meant that ChanJ–Chanyeol trusted him to keep it to himself. Yifan allowed himself to smile goofily for a second before schooling his face back, and with that he rejoined the party anxious again, but this time for the call that would change his life.

 

 

 

The next day, Chanyeol talked to Yura about Yifan’s proposal. Yura loved the idea, proclaiming that it was a great opportunity for Chanyeol since Yifan’s jewelry was recognized and sought after worldwide.

And so, in that morning, Yura contacted GalanFlare and they decided on a meeting the day after. Chanyeol couldn’t keep the butterflies down in his stomach. The prospect of seeing Yifan again made him giddy. He was going to work with Yifan, be in close contact with him and see him on the regular. ‘I think I’m going to puke’ he thought while trying not to let his emotions show.

“Don’t be nervous, Yifan is a great guy-- very respectful, everyone loves to work with him.”

Chanyeol gulped. “I know, but you know, it’ll be my first official job as ChanJoo and I really don’t want to screw this up with Mr. Wu, or myself.” He hastily added at the end.

“You’ll be fine! He likes you a lot, and if anything, he’s going to make sure you’ll do a great job. He knows you’re still an amateur so I’m confident he’ll teach you a thing or two.”

Complete trust and confidence were shining clear in Yura’s eyes, and though they did nothing to tame his butterflies, Chanyeol felt his tension melt away at his sister’s words.

“You’re right! I’m going to make you proud, and I’ll do a great job at being the magnificent ChanJoo for GalanFlare Accessories!” He declared while standing up, much to his sister’s amusement.

“Let’s get to business, shall we? Today you’re going over to Jessica and Amber to completely fill your profile. They’ll help you decide how you want ChanJoo to sound and how much of yourself you want to reveal, okay?”

“Got it.”

“You can go home when you’re finished with them. Rest and go to bed early and be here 7AM sharp. But would you like me to pick you up though? We can have breakfast together.”

“Sure! We haven’t done that in a while, so 6:30 then?”

“Yes, now off you go. See you tomorrow.”

“See you tomorrow, boss!” Chanyeol called cheekily as he walked out of Yura’s office.

Tomorrow, he was seeing Yifan and signing a contract to be his model for the new line of jewelry. And if his butterflies turned into wasps, Chanyeol wasn’t going to comment on it.

The next morning provided much excitement for Chanyeol; he managed to fall asleep at a decent hour and he woke up with just a minute or two before his alarm rang. Thankfully, he already knew what he was going to wear-- a black and white tank top with a short leather jacket thrown over it and black skinny jeans with worn-looking boots. For his hair, he decided to slightly curl it at the edges. A hint of black eyeliner, some lip tint and he was ready.

 

As soon as they entered the building, the receptionist told him that Yifan was already waiting for them in conference room number 6. Giving their thanks, Chanyeol and his sister made their way to the 3rd floor, where the conference rooms were located. Putting a hand to his stomach and closing his eyes, he took various deep breaths, steeling himself for the meeting.

The ‘ding’ of the elevator resounded through his head and he stepped out after Yura. Slowly but surely he made his way to room #6, waiting behind Yura as she knocked lightly before opening the door. Once inside, he immediately saw a fair-looking guy and next to him was Yifan; his hair was pushed back and he wore a simple black button down that hugged his torso in all the right places, with simple black thick frames adorning his face. He looked amazing and was looking at him just as much. The butterflies we back, this time reincarnated as wasps just like he'd predicted.

“Good morning, gentlemen.” Yura’s voice brought them out of their spell. And a round of shaking hands ensued. “You must be LuHan right?” Yura asked the fair-looking guy. “This is ChanJoo.” Chanyeol bowed at the other.

“Indeed he is.” Yifan was the one who replied, “He’s the one who will be in charge on the photo shoots ChanJoo will be in.”

“Pleased to meet you, ChanJoo.” LuHan smiled, “When Yifan told me about you, I thought he was exaggerating, but now I can see he wasn’t-- you really are as beautiful as he claimed.” Chanyeol felt his face go red when LuHan sent a teasing glance towards Yifan.

A light dust of pink seemed to settle on Yifan’s cheeks, “Yes, well,” He cleared his throat, “let’s get down to business shall we?”

The next two hours were spent discussing what ChanJoo’s job as GalanFlare’s model would entail. Photo shoots, video, interviews and lastly the launch party were discussed; all this while Chanyeol and Yifan kept exchanging glances and teasing smiles. Chanyeol just hoped his sister wouldn't be opposed to a possible relationship with Yifan, while Yifan just hoped Chanyeol wouldn’t be opposed to being his.

Deal closed and contract signed, the meeting came to an end.

While Chanyeol was shaking hands with Yifan, he saw from the corner of his eye that LuHan was talking to Yura as he led her out of the room, leaving him and Yifan alone.

‘Oh, Yifan is still holding my hand. It’s warm but his eyes are even warmer’ Chanyeol thought when he looked back at Yifan. “Hey” And his breathy voice was back, damn it.

“Hello, mon ange” Yifan once again kissed the back of his hand. Chanyeol was sure his head was going to explode at this point, with the way he kept blushing around Yifan.

“I have missed you so much.” As he looked at Chanyeol, Yifan couldn’t help but admire his beauty. He wanted to know more about the younger guy, wanted to know what made him laugh and wanted to see how far that blush extended. He still couldn’t explain to himself the attraction he felt towards him. But if there was one thing Yifan had learned was to be true to himself and his feelings.

Chanyeol smiled at Yifan, “I’ve missed you too.” He wanted to punch his stomach to try and calm the damn wasps in it but he restrained himself. “To be honest, I haven’t stopped thinking about you.” ’…Foot, I’m sure you’ve already met mouth.’ Chanyeol waited for the floor to open up and swallow him.

“Good. Because I haven’t stopped thinking about you either.” Yifan moved Chanyeol’s hand to the crook of his elbow and led them out of the room and all Chanyeol could do was smile shyly at the older man.

When they left, they walked towards Yura and LuHan, who were both still talking in front of the elevator.

Yura raised an eyebrow at their arms and looked at Chanyeol. He tensed but didn’t look away from her gaze; to do so would be weak and he wasn’t doing anything wrong. He let out a little breath and relaxed when Yura gave a tiny nod. Chanyeol knew they would have to talk later but he wasn’t worried about her prohibiting anything that could flourish between Yifan and him.

Once inside the elevator, they fell into easy conversation. Chanyeol noticed their reflection on the polished walls and the sight made him hyper-aware of the situation. His hand on the crook of Yifan's arm... If he was honest with himself, it looked like it belonged there. He also noticed how, while they were more or less the same height, Yifan's wide shoulders made him the broader of the two; Chanyeol was slender and looked tiny beside him. Seeing how close they actually were made his breath catch in his throat.

He kept admiring them on the walls until a squeeze on his hand made him look at the reflection's faces, where Yifan’s smile was obviously directed at him; Yifan winked at Chanyeol once he'd caught his attention. Chanyeol once again felt his face burn with a flush and he playfully bumped Yifan with his shoulder, hiding a smile with his free hand.

The elevator dinged, signaling their arrival, and they got out to say their goodbyes, during which LuHan promised to send ChanJoo’s schedule the next day.

Chanyeol looked at Yifan, who once again kissed the back of his hand, “I’ll see you next week, mon ange.”

“Likewise, Mr. Wu.” Chanyeol replied with a cheeky wink and a smile. The stupid wasps would not let up as Yifan gave a hearty laugh, one that seemed to echo on Chanyeol’s chest.

“We’ll be taking our leave, then,” Yifan and LuHan bowed and made their way to the exit.

As Chanyeol waved at the retreating figures, he felt Yura’s inquiring gaze. He steadily looked at her and raised an eyebrow, not feeling the need to say anything.

Yura chuckled and shook her head at him. “Just. Be careful, okay?” She paired her words with a cheeky wink. Laughing, Chanyeol nodded. He knew what his sister meant; he had her approval and blessing when it came to a relationship with Yifan.

The rest of the week seemed to pass in a blur of photo shoots and of interviews. Everyone was demanding to know more about ChanJoo, and Chanyeol loved it all. He also managed to find time to change his enrollment on the university to online classes. This way, he could focus on being a model while not missing classes.

Finally, Chanyeol’s life was starting to have meaning.

 

 

 

 

The first day of the photoshoot at GalanFlare dawned bright and clear.

Chanyeol got up early and meticulously prepared himself a hefty breakfast despite the wasps waging war on his stomach. He wondered what sort of wardrobe they had for him and what type of jewelry Yifan wanted him to display. Taking deep breaths, he got himself ready; simple black shirt, a short jacket, his trusty skinny’s and a black hat with a wide rim.

Arriving at the photo studio he was immediately greeted by grinning Lu han.

“Chan Joo! Good morning, lovely! Come, follow me and I’ll explain what we’re doing today!”

“Morning to you too! I’m excited, so explain away!”  Chanyeol smiled back.

“We’re starting with solo shoots until the afternoon since we want the attention on our jewelry. You’ll be wearing a corset and some without a shirt, yes?”

“Roger!”

“Afterwards, you’ll be doing a session with Mr. Wu–"

Breathe, Chanyeol, breath! He tried to keep his attention on what Lu Han was saying but he honestly could not concentrate beyond ‘A session with Mr. Wu’.

A–session–with–Mr.–Wu.

“Got that?” Lu Han looked at him expectantly and, for a second, Chanyeol debated on whether he should say ‘no’. But he didn’t want to look stupid so ‘yes’ it was.

“Yes, sir!”

“Good! You can always ask, so don’t hesitate to let us know if you feel uncomfortable with something or you don’t understand, okay?”

“Okay!”

“Here we go.” LuHan said while pushing open the heavy doors in front of them.

They entered into a huge room, filled with lights and props. Off to his left lay a huge wardrobe of shimmering clothes. As he followed Luhan, he saw the set up for the photographs; a victorian couch was sitting in front of a dark curtain. Chanyeol started to run the possible poses he could do on said couch; he was so engrossed in his thoughts that he almost bumped into LuHan’s back.

“Here’s the dressing room, over there is the bathroom...” LuHan swept a hand around before leading Chanyeol to a short woman arranging make-up on a table.

“This is Susan Puigsegur, who will be in charge of your makeup and hair during these three days of shooting.”

Chanyeol immediately shook her hand and introduce himself.

“Here, this is Jocias, our in-house photographer, so he’ll be the one taking the photos, of course.” Chanyeol nodded to the man with the killer jawline who was checking suitcases of camera parts on a table at the corner of the dressing room.

“Then there’s me, the coordinator. I’ll make sure everything is running smoothly and that Mr. Wu’s vision is followed 100 percent. Now, go to the bathroom and change out of your clothes. There’s some hangers in there, don’t worry. Oh, and here’s your robe.”

Taking the black robe, Chanyeol smiled widely at LuHan, “Thank you, please take care of me.” He bowed and went to the bathroom. Once inside, he hanged the robe and looked in the mirror. ‘This is it, Chan Joo. Your first official photoshoot for a brand. You can do this.’ He took a couple of deep breaths, relieved his bladder and changed out of his clothes for the black robe. He looked into the mirror once again and nodded to himself before stepping out of the bathroom.

“ChanJoo, over here!”

Chanyeol made his way towards where the makeup artist was in front of one of the chairs. As he sat down, the short woman started explaining to him what she was going to do with his face and hair. Listening attentively, he nodded at her; he was so completely engrossed in her explanations that he didn’t notice Yifan entering the room and watching him from a distance.

 

Yifan stood at the doorway and watched as Susan worked her magic on Chanyeol’s face, smiling to himself when he heard Chanyeol joking around. Deciding to make his presence known, he walked over until he was right besides Chanyeol’s chair.

“And how’s the little beauty this morning?” He had to chuckle at Chanyeol’s little jump and startled expression.

“Mr. Wu, you scared me! Good morning.”

Putting up a hand, he indicated that there was no need for Chanyeol to rise from his chair.

“No need, ChanJoo. Now let me take a good look at you.” Slowly, he brought two fingers underneath Chanyeol’s chin and slightly lifted his face up; turning it left to right. If only to himself, he’d admit that he was admiring more Chanyeol’s face than the makeup put on him. Alas, he did have to comment on the makeup.

“Marvelous work as always, Susan. Though I must say, you got a beautiful canvas to begin with.” He smiled as his fingers left Chanyeol's face. Though it was barely visible, he was sure the model was blushing at the way his fingers had felt more like a light caress than a departure.

“Thank you, Mr. Wu, and indeed I do. ChanJoo here is exquisite to work with. I must say, you chose perfectly.”

He winked at Chanyeol through the mirror's reflection and was delighted when he got a beautiful, soft smile in return.

“I’m glad. Keep up the great work, everyone,” He raised his voice to address everyone, "We're right on schedule, so let's keep it that way, alright?" He nodded to everyone in the room and made his way out. Anticipation for his shoot with Chanyeol made itself present in the form of a slight tingle through his spine. He could not wait.

 

As for Chanyeol, the wasps in his stomach were forming a party, as opposed to the usual war on their host. He felt ecstatic, with the lingering feeling of Yifan's fingers touching his skin.

“Alright people, you heard the man. Let’s get to work.” Susan’s voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

Right. He was in the middle of work, he had to focus. He took various deep breaths as Susan got back to work on him. He distantly heard her say that they just needed a few adjustments done to his hair before he was good to change into his first outfit.

He carefully walked out of the dressing room, decked in a tattered skirt and a corset. He immediately got escorted to a huge table shimmering with GalanFlare’s newest collection. Chanyeol felt his throat close up-- he was going to wear all of that magnificent jewelry.

“You look exquisite, ChanJoo.”

He looked up with a quiet gasp, so ensnared with the jewels on the table he hadn’t seen Yifan standing there.

“Oh, hello, Mr. Wu.” Thank god for thick makeup; because he could feel his blush creeping on his face, as usual.

“Since we’ll be working together on this shoot, I’ll kindly ask you to call me Kris. It’s easier and more comfortable, right?”

“Sure.”

Chanyeol would admit he was a bit confused with the name but decided not to dwell on it right now. He figured it was probably a name for things like these.

“Now, let me show you the piece you’ll be wearing first…”

He let Yifan’s low rumble wash over him as the older man explained the piece and its meaning. Chanyeol nodded at just the right moments, though he barely heard any of it. “Amazing.” He praised automatically, a small dazed smile on his face. Yifan smelled amazing too. He held his breath in as Yifan put the necklace on him, his warm fingers moving-- rather, dancing across his warm skin.

Looking at Yifan through hooded eyes, Chanyeol threw him a coy smile.

“I’ll make your– jewels shine, Kris.”

The flash of desire he saw in Yifan’s eyes was unmistakable. Chanyeol did a little dance in his head at this-- after all, it takes two to tango. Or in this case, tease.

Walking over to the screen, Chanyeol made sure to sway his hips a bit, knowing that Yifan was watching. Once standing in front of it, he waited as the assistants prepared the lights and reflectors for Jocias.

“Okay, ChanJoo, we’ll start with above-the-shoulders shots, then torso and finally full body shots, got it?”

“Got it.” He nodded and started with some simple poses. All the while, he felt Yifan’s burning gaze on him.

“You’re doing wonderfully, ChanJoo.” He heard Jocias exclaim as he continued to tease Yifan with his poses.

An hour passed and Chanyeol was sure Yifan was provoking him while he change the jewelry on Chanyeol; these touches weren’t coincidental.

After 3 hours, Chanyeol had to control himself various times; it wouldn’t do well to sport an during a photoshoot. Thankfully, they were having a lunch break now and he could get his hormones under control. He had to prepare himself for the second part though, as that was the one he was going to shoot with Yifan. He knew he needed nerves of steel for it.

Once the break was over, he found himself in front of the bathroom mirror again, clenching his hands over the rim of the sink. He closed his eyes and counted to ten. As much as it was fun to tease Yifan from a distance, he now had to be professional. Chanyeol had no idea how he was going to survive having Yifan so close, but he had to try. Wouldn’t do well for a model to jump their boss in the middle of a shoot, would it?

Chanyeol got out of the bathroom and immediately noticed Yifan talking to Susan and LuHan. As it was better for his sanity that he ignore Yifan, at least momentarily, he decided to walk nonchalantly to his seat.

“Ready for our shoot, ChanJoo?”

He looked at Yifan’s reflection in the mirror, the teasing glint in the other man’s eyes clearly visible.

“Ready when you are, Kris.” The charming smile he threw in Yifan’s direction seemed to daze the older man for a second; the attempt to pull himself together was visible.

“Right. I’ll go change now.”

He quietly chuckled to himself as Yifan seemed to walk– a rather brisk walk– into the bathroom, hastily grabbing a blue robe on the way.

As soon as they finished dressing him and applying his makeup, they ushered Chanyeol back to the curtains, where a sturdy round table was now replacing the couch as the center piece. He stood still as the assistants put a choker and some bracelets on him. While heavy, the weight didn't take away from their beauty; they were gold and glittering, like fire dancing against his skin every time he moved. They were truly mesmerizing.

“Like them? They remind me of you.”

“Mr. Wu! You scared me, again!” Chanyeol’s hands fluttered over his chest as he tried to calm his fast-beating heart

Yifan’s hearty laugh made Chanyeol get weak in the knees. His whole face lit up and, despite his gummy smile, it made him look so much more handsome.

“Sorry, Chanjoo. Shall we start?”

“It’s okay and yes, we shall.” He responded while carefully getting up on the table, leaning back and catching himself on one hand.

“You two look perfect,” Jocias complimented as he started to shutter away.

Both of them posed separately first before Yifan started grabbing onto Chanyeol. Every touch left a trail of fire on Chanyeol’s skin. He also felt Yifan leave butterfly kisses on his shoulders during one of the poses where the other grabbed him around his waist and pressed him against his chest.

At another pose, Yifan let him know he smelled really good, despite all the crap dumped on him. Chanyeol joked that it must have been his pheromones calling out to Yifan, causing the other to hide his face on his shoulder to silently laugh. Their chemistry and the ease of their actions made it all look like part of the dance they were doing.

It continued like this for the next hour and a half. The teasing was light-hearted, thus the chances of him getting an were minimal and yet, it also filled Chanyeol with some sort of anticipation.

“AND THAT’S A WRAP!”

LuHan’s booming voice broke them out of their bubble. Yifan immediately straightened up, thanked everyone and congratulated them on a job well done.

Chanyeol was immediately surrounded by the assistants who wanted to take a photo with him, which he was delighted to agree to. He also thanked them for treating him so well, and for an amazing job. From the corner of his eye, he saw Yifan talking to Jocias and LuHan.

The small mob cause him to slowly advance towards the dressing room. He really wanted to get out of the makeup and clothes.

Finally, he managed to get out of his clothes, and back into the black robe provided. Chanyeol went to Susan, to thank her for taking care of him, and was also asked for a photo with the short woman. As they said their goodbyes and see you tomorrows, she reminded him of the best way to clean his face quickly; and once again he thanked her.

He had to scurry into the bathroom before someone stopped him again. Once inside, he quickly washed his face, sighing in relief as he felt the weight of the makeup being washed away. He blindly reached around for the towel, finally getting a hold of it after grabbing around in the dark, so to speak.

“No thanks? How rude.”

Chanyeol jumped back, screaming, and landed on the opposite wall; in front of him stood Yifan, cooly leaning on the bathroom door with a smirk on his face.

“Yifan, what the ! This is the third time you scare me today! A little compassion, please.”

“Sorry, mon ange, but I just couldn’t help myself.” Yifan chuckled as he drew closer to Chanyeol.

“Well, try not to do it too much, okay? Wouldn’t look good if I suffered a heart attack because of it.” Chanyeol flicked at Yifan’s chest with the towel.

“No, no, no, we can’t have that now, can we,” The older man drew close, caging Chanyeol against the wall.

“Yifan...”

“Shhh, it’s okay. I just wanted to tell you that I won’t be able to make it to the next two photoshoots. We won’t be able to see each other until the launch event in two months.”

Chanyeol let out a low whine at the news, “But we’ll keep in touch, right?” He gripped Yifan’s biceps a bit desperately, “Please tell me we will.”

“We will, mon ange, but we have to lay low. We’re in a business partnership and it would look unprofessional.” The older man tugged Chanyeol’s robe away from his shoulders and laid soft kisses along the small expanse of skin that was now exposed.

“I understand, but…” Grabbing Yifan’s face, Chanyeol brought it up away from his shoulder to look at him in the eye, “How long do we really have to wait?”

Yifan closed his eyes and laid his forehead against Chanyeol’s, “A year or two, more of less,” he sighed into Chanyeol’s mouth.

 A soft, ghostly kiss wasn’t enough for Chanyeol, so he whispered a plea to Yifan, hoping the man would grant him a real kiss; a proper kiss to carry him over the long wait.

“Wait for me, Chanyeol.” With that, Yifan kissed Chanyeol with everything he had.

Chanyeol quickly wrapped his arms around Yifan’s neck and surrendered to the kiss. It was heady, and passionate. It conveyed emotions still not yet named for both of them. He felt like his soul was being out, but he was receiving Yifan’s in return.

Breaking off the kiss, they panted against each other.

“I’ll wait for you, Yifan.” Chanyeol said as Yifan started laying butterfly kisses all over his face.

“Thank you. Now, get dressed while I wash my face. You need to leave before LuHan finishes distracting the remaining employees.”

“Huh. I didn’t think of that.” Chanyeol replied while making sure Yifan couldn’t peek as he dressed again with the clothes he arrived in.

“Someone had to.”

“Oh, shut up, you.” Laughing, Chanyeol just shook his head. “I’ll be going now.”

“Chanyeol, you did a great job today. You have the makings of a supermodel. You’ll go far, I know it.”

Gripping the doorknob, Chanyeol turned to Yifan who was looking at him through the mirror. He gave the other a small smile, just for him alone.

“Thank you. I’ll make you proud, you’ll see.” He kissed the tips of two of his fingers and gently pressed them against Yifan’s lips. “See ya later, Yifan.” He quickly decided to leave before his resolve broke and he jumped Yifan then and there. Taking a deep breath, he walked out of the dressing room and immediately noticed a small group breaking up. He breathed a sigh of relief. 

“Yo yo yo, ChanJoo! You did a great job today! You’re a natural.”

“Thank you, LuHan!”

“By the way, did you see Kris?”

“Yeah, I did while I was in the dressing room. He told me about the photoshoots for the next two days and about the launch event on two months.”

“Good, good! Well, I’ll see you here at 4AM tomorrow, okay? Make sure to get plenty of rest.”

“Will do! Thank you for taking care of me today and I’ll see you tomorrow.” Chanyeol bowed and made his way towards the exit. As he went through them, he was stopped by LuHan.

“You’ll wait for him, right? He really likes you.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened in contrast to the serious expression on LuHan’s face.

“I will, don’t worry. I like him very much as well.” He smiled at LuHan and gave him a peace sign before turning to leave again. But something popped into his head, so he had to quickly start walking backwards. “Before I forget, you need to be less obvious about your insole usage.”

He laughed at the ugly expression on LuHan’s face and was finally ready to leave. Even after being some distance away, he heard LuHan splutter something about ‘peas in a pod’ which made him laugh again; now he was sure that Yifan had told him the same thing.

 

 

 

Two years later. New York Fashion Week:

 

Yifan's eyes swept around the club, searching for Chanyeol's tall and elegant figure. He found him, beautiful in simple black harem pants and a deep red V-neck that reached his thighs, his outfit finished with his signature short leather jacket; he wore smoky brown eye shadow and his lips shone ruby red in the flashing club lights. He had made Yifan more than proud by becoming a supermodel in just two years. He was even one of the most sought-after models of his time.

Yifan grabbed two glasses of champagne from a waiter as he made his way to Chanyeol. As he got closer, he heard Chanyeol tell someone off and-- as the distance grew shorter-- he noticed the stoic face of the model from two years ago, the one who had been there the night where they first met. He could clearly hear what Chanyeol was saying by now.

"Whatever, SunHee, you've only got yourself to blame. It's in no way my fault that Maoti dropped you. After all, you were just a pawn he needed for his plan to underhand KEY and VivaPauline, and you made it all too easy for him to use and discard you."

‘Another victim of Maoti’s? When will they learn...’ Yifan shook his head at the foolishness; that guy would never change. He could tell things could escalate and end badly just by looking at this SunHee girl, so he decided to step in.

“You’ll have to excuse me for interrupting, ChanJoo, but I could not help myself. I just had to greet you.” He smiled at him; his brown eyes were still as warm as they were back them.

“Oh no, not all, Mr. Wu! I was just finished talking with SunHee here.”

Yifan handed one of the champagne glasses to Chanyeol and took his offered free hand to lay a kiss on the back of it. Looking up from underneath his eyelashes, he noticed Chanyeol lips twitch. Good.

“How about we move to someplace quiet and catch up?”

“Lead the way, Mr. Wu.”

“Please, call me Yifan.”

“Will do.”

They walked away, but Yifan honestly didn’t want to stay in the club anymore. He certainly hoped Chanyeol didn’t either. Taking out, his phone he quickly sent a message to have his car ready outside. He caressed Chanyeol's hand, which rested on the crook of his arm, as they made a silent exit. Once outside, though, they had to duck and rush away from the paparazzi that waited, making the entry no less noisy than the club itself.

They rode in silence for a while, which Chanyeol broke once Yifan had to stop at a red light, “Yifan, are you kidnapping me?” Amusement tinted his words.

Yifan was honestly relieved at that, “Why, yes I am. You told me you wouldn’t mind, right? So here we are.” He reached out and caressed Chanyeol’s plump red lips with his thumb, and smiled when Chanyeol gave it a small kiss.

Driving to the hotel took no more than 10 minutes, which passed with them teasing each other, making the rising tension rise close to the breaking point.

Yifan parked the car in front, they both got out, and he grabbed Chanyeol’s hand as they walked to the entrance, and from there towards the elevator. Once inside, he hit the 9th button and turned to hug Chanyeol tightly.

“I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too.”

“Keeping distance from you was torture.”

“I know, it was for me too. But it was all worth it, right?”

“Indeed.”

The rest of the ride was spent in silence, the two soaking up each other’s warmth. They didn't let go of each other even as the elevator dinged, signaling their arrival to their destination. They walked towards Yifan's room still holding each other, not wanting to spend another second apart. Once inside, they met in the middle of the room, feeling nervous.

“Mon ange,” Yifan whispered as he delicately grabbed Chanyeol’s face in his hands, “Merci pour l’attente.” He nuzzled Chanyeol’s cheek, reacquainting himself with his scent.

“Of course I waited. I love you, Yifan.”

At Chanyeol’s words, Yifan’s heart felt like it wanted to burst. Two years of e-mails and text messages, of only being able to see each other briefly at events. Still looking into Chanyeol’s deep brown eyes, here and now, made him feel like running to the rooftop of the hotel and shout to the world how much he love him.

“I love you too,”  He responded and attacked Chanyeol’s lips with desperation, pouring all of his feelings into the kiss.

Chanyeol's arms wrapped around Yifan’s neck, while Yifan held his slender waist and started guiding him towards the bed. They undressed along the way (and Yifan tripped over his own pants, which made them burst into a manly giggle fit). The floor was now littered with the now unnecessary clothing.

Breaking the kiss, Chanyeol sat at the edge of the bed and started Yifan's hardness, looking up at Yifan and laying a teasing kiss on the tip before he started earnestly on his .

Yifan groaned as he looked down at Chanyeol’s pretty plump lips stretched around him, his red lipstick leaving traces along the shaft. He reached out and Chanyeol's face, from cheekbone to his perfect chin, and gently pulled him away and up towards his lips, rewarding him with a kiss. He nudged him gently, making him scoot back and lay down in the middle of the bed.

Yifan started to kiss his way up; he started on Chanyeol's slender legs, the inside of his thighs, deliberately missing a specific area-- adding a touch of desperation to go with the younger man's now obvious desire-- then all over his stomach. Enjoying his partner's moans, he hovered over Chanyeol's for a moment before its length, then taking him into his mouth. He and cupped the balls, occasionally teasing the clenching hole below.

Chanyeol entwined his fingers through Yifan's hair, lightly tugging on it to get his attention. "Stop, I need you," he whined, and if the fingers through his hair hadn't worked, that certainly did.

Yifan chuckled, which sent unexpected yet pleasurable reverberations that made Chanyeol a breath in. Meanwhile, Yifan was on his way up again, stopping to tease Chanyeol's s with his tongue before devouring the graceful neck that had tempted him so much since two years ago. He finally kissed Chanyeol's pretty lips as he slowly started to rub their s against each other. He took great delight in the way the younger man gripped his biceps and arched his back, pressing himself further against his body. Soon enough, Chanyeol's legs wrapped around him, hips rising and urging for more contact.

"Please..." Chanyeol's breathing was labored, his cheeks rosy, eyes full of desire; and it was all for Yifan and only Yifan.

“Hush, I got you.”

...

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up to the sound of the hotel door opening and closing. He felt a twinge on his lower back as he stretched; a reminder of the night before, less gentle than the scent another person had left on the pillow beside him. He blushed in spite of himself and giggled softly. Yifan had been-- is wonderful, gentle... and intense.

“Care to share?” He felt the sheets being draw back and turned over to see Yifan hovering over him.

“I’m just so happy... You were wonderful last night.” He wrapped his arms around Yifan’s neck and slowly kissed him, “I love you so much.”

“I love you too, mon ange. Now sit up, I brought breakfast.”

Chanyeol gave a cheer and carefully sat up, leaning against the headboard. Yifan placed a plate of pancakes, a little bowl of strawberries and some orange juice on a tray in front of him.

“Smells great!” Chanyeol carefully cut off a piece of the pancakes and fed it to Yifan before pecking his lips. “Thank you,” he then happily digged in; he was starving.

They ate together, just enjoying each other's company, their playful teasing and quick kisses between bites. Once finished, Yifan cleared off their trays and sat back down on the bed. Once he had settled, he pulled Chanyeol so he'd sit in front of him, between his stretched legs. Chanyeol, in turn, leaned back to rest on his chest and sighed contently; he enjoyed the way Yifan's arms wrapped around his waist.

Chanyeol had been dozing off when he felt movement from Yifan, followed by something cold settling around his right hand's right finger. He looked at his hand and saw a simple thin band layered with tiny orange crystals. He sat up on his knees and the bed, finding Yifan sitting there with a small smile on his face.

Yifan took his hand, “It’s a promise for someday,” he smiled and kissed the ring.

Feeling his throat compressing, Chanyeol swallowed back tears and nodded. He took a deep breathe so he could laugh happily and throw himself at Yifan, kissing him all over his handsome face. Yifan laughed with him before they both disappeared under the covers.

 

Romance in the making? CEO Yifan Wu and Korean  supermodel ChanJoo spotted leaving after-party together!