heart trumps brain!

I Have No Memory Dating You! (One shot)

 

Eunha's POV:

 

     It was a bright day somewhere in the metro on a weekday. I was anxiously looking at my watch and ran like crazy because I was late again for an appointment. I was put to a halt because i really am clueless on what's happening so a lot of questions went on my mind. Why am I in a... park? What am I supposed to be doing here? Why am I this nervous? Is it because I should be meeting someone? Then who is it???But still, I paced forward and saw a very familiar face. Even at a great distance, I know who that person is: IT WAS CHO KYUHYUN, member of my most fave boy band in the entire world: SUPER JUNIOR! :">

    Despite my mind panicking because of a celebrity's presence, my body kept striding faster, heading towards him. While walking, I told myself to just greet him, take his picture and get his autograph. After that I'll vamoose back to wherever I should have be going.     

     And then, he finally saw me and smiled. At the back of my mind I was thinking, maybe he’s just doing that because he knows a fan is approaching him?Alas! I finally reached the spot where he was standing. I was at lost for words! As if someone openned my brain and robbed all of my vocabulary!

     Thankfully, Kyuhyun spoke first. He said to me, “Hey… you’re late again! Even if I was up all night playing Starcraft with my hyungs, I still managed to be here a little less late than usual. But don’t worry… your poor time management made me like you, Eunha. Keke…”

     The words Like and Eunha all in the same sentence who came from no other than Cho Kyuhyun himself? Are we.....DATING?!

    With his signature evil smirk he cried, “Ya! Let’s go… we’re burning daylight here as we speak! Come on… there are a lot of things in stored for you my dear! Hehe…” With that, Kyuhyun swiftly grabbed my wrist and dashed out of the scene.

     After that sudden turn of events, Kyuhyun and I finally arrived in a movie theater. We went inside and took a seat. A few moments later, the air in the room became a bit too chilly for me. Then, without a moments pause, a jacket sloppily landed on my lap. Kyuhyun said while watching at the big screen, “You should put that on. I can hear your teeth shivering and it's been distracting me.” Having said that, I wore the jacket, which surprisingly not only warmed my body but also my heart. I barely even contained my emotion inside and kept giggling every now and then.

     Half-way through the film, Kyuhyun’s cellphone rang and he stepped out for a while. I couldn't concentrate on the movie because I was too preoccupied about what’s happening, not knowing that he had already returned to his seat. I was confused. But then, my thoughts were abruptly cut short when he held my hand firmly. He wrapped his fingers around mine and it firmly became intertwined with one another. At that instance, I whispered softly in my mind that the universe itself should just pause and let us remain that way forever.

     As we went out of the theater, Kyuhyun looked at me and asked; “Eunha, manager hyung called that our TV show guesting will be longer than expected because a lot of fans will go later. I still want to spend more time with you…" Kyuhyun paused and then said in a gentle voice..."Can you come with me?” he showed his devious smile expecting my answer in favor of him. And he was right.

     When we arrived at the parking area, we got in to his car and drove to the TV station.

     At the studio, he was quickly dragged by the stylist and make-up artists. “ Eunha, just sit in front of the audience, ok?” Kyuhyun said before he completely disappeared to the sea of production staffs.

     Just as Kyuhyun instructed, someone assisted me and got a vacant spot in front. Then the show began.

     When Leeteuk, Yesung, Ryeowook, Shindong, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Sungmin, Siwon and Kyuhyu entered the set, the audience became restless. For a minute, all you can hear were the screams and the different fan chants in the studio. In the midst of all that, just for a split second, I saw Kyuhyun glance at me and flashed a quick shrug then looked away as he paid attention to the host. Then the TV host began her interrogation with the cast. Everyone had a nice time because the boys were as dorky as they have ever been. Before their segment concluded, Kyuhyun interfered and told the host that he wanted to sing a ballad first. Even though they are almost running out of time, they cannot resist due to the cheers and clamor of the fans.

     Kyuhyun rose up and held his mike steadily. He took a very deep breath, he listened attentively to the rhythm and then he started to sing. He sang an OST of a famous Korean drama so the audience can also relate. Hearing him sing with sound of his velvety voice is something I always admired, but this time it was different… there was more passion. As he sang, He looked my way, readily approached me and took me to the stage with his hands holding on tight with mine. Mesmerized, Kyuhyun delivered a very emotional performance. His strong rendition even managed to make me sway together to the beat. Everyone cheered as they expected it was only part of the fan service. But when he got to the last part:

“eonjena neowa hamgge irugopeun kkum ango

galsu eobdeon jeopyeoneseo neoreul bulreobolgge

nae maeum dahae saranghaneun neoreul”

     Which translates to:

I’ll always hold on to the dreams I want to fulfill with you

I’ll try to call for you at the place I cannot reach

I love you with all my heart.”

 

     As he gazed into my eyes, he looked me with such intensity and without warning, he then kissed my forehead. Everyone was startled and the atmosphere instantly turned into silence. Then he faced to a different direction and greeted the crowd “Kamsahamnida!”... and cut. the commercial break started right after. Every Super Junior member rushed out of the studio to avoid the press.

     Kyuhyun and I went back to his car and journeyed somewhere else.

     While we were in the car, my mind was again pondering what transpired that day. It was like a puzzle wherein I had to connect all the dots just to comprehend on what has happened. Though the boys seemed as if they knew what was stirring up. And then, the car engine stopped.

     We arrived in a high cool place with a beautiful view of the city. We were surrounded by nature and all alone. It was just me and him. It was already dark when we stepped out of the car, and Kyuhyun, like a child that he always is, exclaimed, “Whoa! That was a good feeling!”

    I abandoned my side and marched begrudgingly to his, and told him, “Hey! Why did you do that?!? Do you think this is some kind of joke? You could’ve derailed your career there!”

    Kyuhyun teased back with his evil stare again and said, “Blah… that won’t happen. I’m too famous you know? Keke…”     

    I retaliated, “When will you take me seriously??? And why would you waste your career over someone like me? Just like your song... we live in two different worlds!”

     Kyuhyun’s face stiffened and replied, “When I look into your eyes, I can see the future I want. It may be way different from what’s happening now, but I know it’s worth it. Yes, it is true that… without you, I can be like that shining star as long as I possibly want!" Kyuhyun said as he pointed to the heavens...

     "...I may be a star, but sooner or later, that star will eventually turn into a black hole..." Kyuhyun pauses for a brief moment, then continued with a whisper, "a black hole that is lifeless and forever bitter.”

     Then he gazed into my eyes, caressed my hair and brought me ever so close into his arms. As our faces were only inches apart, our hearts were forever as one. I can sense that everything between us was in synced. Then I carefully closed my eyes as I waited until his lips met mine. I noticed that it was taking him an eternity. When I opened them again, there I was lying on my bed staring at him on my wall.