Chapter One

Head Over Heels

“Seriously, think about it!”

 

“No.”

 

Baekhyun sighed, “But just think about how you and Zitao would look!” Chanyeol shook his head, rolling his eyes at his friend. “You’re just going to make fun of my face while I imagine it.” Chanyeol assumed, “No I won’t!” Baekhyun giggled, imagining the scene for himself.

 

“You’re laughing right now!” Chanyeol told, Baekhyun stopped his giggle fit, he turned to Jongdae. “My dear, would you please tell Chanyeol there is nothing funny about him liking his stepbrother.”

 

Jongdae nodded, turning to face Chanyeol, “Ew.”

 

Chanyeol sighed, “I know, I know. But, there was just something about him the first time I saw him, It just pulled me closer than I should’ve gone.” Chanyeol told his friends. “I’ve heard that Chinese people know spells, maybe he casted one on you when you met?” Baekhyun suggested.

 

“That is probably the most ignorant thing I’ve ever heard.” Jongdae scoffed, “But that would explain how the soccer team’s leader is dating Bae  Joohyun!” Baekhyun explained.

 

“Baekhyun, I’m pretty sure that’s not true.” Jongdae said, “Whatever, but Chanyeol, when you suddenly wake up with a ring on your finger, remember, spells!” Baekhyun said making a gesture with his hands. Chanyeol chuckled, shaking his head.

 

“...Jonggie, what did you get for question nineteen?” Baekhyun asked, “I’m not telling you.” Jongdae scoffed. “Then tell me the way you got it....then the answer.”

 

The three boys were currently at Baekhyun’s house, doing their homework. “That still would be cheating, Baekkie.” Jongdae told, “You can spend the night if you give me the answer.” Baekhyun chirped. Jongdae sighed, “Alright, but this is the last time I’ll ever let you cheat off of me, Baekhyun! Sometimes I wonder why I give in to you.” Jongdae sighed, shaking his head at his own actions. Baekhyun just giggled, scooting over next to Jongdae so he could see the answer.

 

 ~Summertime, Summertime, Winter’s gone, Summertime ~

 

Chanyeol grabbed his phone, reading the text massage. Chanyeol quickly put his phone in his back pocket and grabbed all of his belongings, stuffing them in his bag. “What was it?” Jongdae asked, Baekhyun looked up from Jongdae’s paper to look at Chanyeol. “Zitao is walking home, he said he was almost there. I should get going.”

 

Baekhyun nodded, showing Chanyeol outside, “I’ll see you tomorrow!” Baekhyun shouted as Chanyeol walked off.

 

Chanyeol walked quickly, the gusts and gusts of winds pushing him back. Chanyeol felt a drop of something wet and cold roll down his left cheek, he immediately looked up at the sky. The clouds looked thick, the dark gray clouds covered the moon, making it seem like the moon vanished. Chanyeol felt a cold drop of water on his nose, then forehead, and his arms, soon it started to pour.

 

Chanyeol sighed, angry at himself for not bringing an umbrella, and watching the news cast for the weather update.

 

~

 

Chanyeol reached his destination, the light was on in one of the room’s, indicating that someone was home. Chanyeol stumbled to the door, he pulled out his key and shoved it into the lock. Chanyeol’s finger tips were numb, he couldn’t feel the coldness of the metal. With one swift push, Chanyeol opened the door.

 

He stepped inside the house, the warmness immediately hitting his cold body. He quickly shut the door and locked it, not letting the unwanted cold inside of the house. He freed his shoulders of his heavy bag, laying it on the ground. He heard some shuffling in the kitchen, as he entered he saw the black haired boy staring out of the window, as the raindrops hit the window, he was drinking something out of a mug.

 

“So, you’re home, Zitao?” Chanyeol thought, the boy turned around, “I made some tea, do you want some?”

 

Chanyeol nodded at the question, Zitao smiled, getting Chanyeol a glass. He poured the tea, he walked over to Chanyeol, looking very concentrated one not dropping the tea. He looked up from the hot beverage, “Chanyeol! You’re soaking wet!”

 

Chanyeol looked at himself, he was indeed soaked in rain, Chanyeol just couldn’t feel it. “Aren’t you freezing?” He asked quickly putting the tea on the counter top. Chanyeol shook his head, “You know what-- it doesn’t even matter, let’s go.”

 

Zitao was currently pushing Chanyeol up the stairs, finally they reached Chanyeol’s room. “Take off your wet clothes.”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, staring at his stepbrother, “T-Take off my clothes?” Chanyeol gulped. “Yeah, if you don’t you might get sick, hurry!” Zitao rushed, Chanyeol knew that the boy wouldn’t leave until he had seen Chanyeol out of his wet clothes. Chanyeol started with his shirt, then he was at his pants, than his socks. Chanyeol was now in his boxer briefs, “You can put those in the washer after you’ve put on some comfortable clothes.” Zitao said, clearing throat.

 

Chanyeol waited until Zitao left the room to change, he wore navy blue basketball shorts and a black shirt. After awhile, knock was heard on his door, “Come in.” Chanyeol replied. The door slowly opened, it revealed Zitao. “I just came in here to see if you’re alright.” Zitao said, turning to face the door. His hand grabbed the doorknob, Chanyeol quickly grasped Zitao’s wrist.

 

They stayed silent for a moment, until Chanyeol cleared his throat, “What’s wrong?” Zitao asked. “You.” Chanyeol answered, “Me? What’s wrong with me?” Zitao blinked. “You’re acting... strange.”

 

 “It’s nothing, I’m fine.”

 

Chanyeol let go of Zitao’s wrist, he sat down on his bed, patting the spot next to him. Zitao sighed, knowing that his stepbrother wouldn’t let him out of his room easily. Zitao slowly sat down next to Chanyeol, “You know when I was a second year, I would always get picked on.”

 

Zitao looked up at Chanyeol, “You did?” He asked, as if it would be impossible for Chanyeol to be bullied. “Yeah, they teased me because I was in a one sided love.” Chanyeol told, “How did you get everyone to stop?” Zitao asked, truly interested in Chanyeol’s past. “I didn’t, I got teased until everyone realized that being in a one sided love was actually quite depressing.”

 

“Did it hurt you?”

 

Chanyeol looked over at Zitao, “Did what hurt me?” Chanyeol asked. “Being in a one sided love, did it hurt?” Zitao wondered, “It felt as if I was getting stabbed in the heart each day.” Chanyeol told the younger. “You’re one brave person, Chanyeol hyung.”

 

“So, what has you chained to the ground?” Chanyeol asked, “I got a B- on my history test.” Zitao informed. Chanyeol smiled, ‘Since when did Zitao’s sense of humor change?’

 

“That’s really cute, Zitao. But I asked what was bothering you, not any random fact about your day today.” Chanyeol chuckled, looking at Zitao. He had a confused expression on his face, “Chanyeol hyung, why are you laughing at me?” Zitao asked, putting his head down. Chanyeol blinked at the younger, “You’re serious?” Chanyeol wondered. The younger nodded, “I tried, Chanyeol hyung, I really tried.” He frowned.

 

Chanyeol chuckled, 'Zitao's ashamed of an average grade, that's cute.'

 

“I’m proud of you, Zitao.”

 

Zitao put his head up, “Really, Chanyeol hyung?” he asked, as if he was just told that he had just received an award for rocket science. “Of course I am, Zitao. You’re the smartest person I know, no doubt about it.”

 

“Thank you, Chanyeol hyung.” Zitao thanked, smiling to himself. “It’s getting late, you should sleep.” Chanyeol said, Zitao nodded at the suggestion. “I am getting a bit tired.”

 

Zitao got up from Chanyeol’s bed and slowly walked toward the door, “Wait, Chanyeol hyung.”

 

“What is it Zitao?” Chanyeol asked, “Do you still have feelings for that person that you had a one sided love with?” Zitao wondered, his back still turned toward Chanyeol. “My feelings never really left.” Chanyeol responded, Zitao turned around, “I’m rooting for you, Chanyeol hyung.” Zitao smiled. “Rooting for me?” Chanyeol tilted his head, “Yeah, to win this person’s heart. I’m not sure what’s taking them so long to realize what a great person you are, but I’m rooting for you.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled, “Thanks Zitao, goodnight.”

 

Zitao nodded, “Goodnight, Chanyeol hyung.” And with that, Zitao left the room.

 

 ‘When will he realize that I’m trying to win his heart? He’s so clueless that it’s actually pretty cute.’

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

“Jonggie, remember last night when you--“

 

Jongdae quickly put a hand over Baekhyun’s mouth, “No, I don’t, and I’d appreciate it if you forgot.”

 

Baekhyun pulled Jongdae’s hand off of his mouth, “Chanyeol! Jongdae sleep sings! It’s so cute!” Baekhyun squealed. Chanyeol raised a brow, “You do?” He asked, Jongdae nodded shyly at Chanyeol’s question. “That’s cute.”

 

Jongdae glared at Chanyeol, “I was sleeping, I heard something and I woke up. Jongdae was singing lullabies in his sleep. I was listening for a while, but his lovely voice was making me sleepy, so I fell asleep.” Baekhyun giggled. Jongdae blushed, Chanyeol nudged Jongdae, “Looks like someone is crushing!”

 

Chanyeol knew one of Jongdae’s biggest secrets, Jongdae likes Baekhyun. “Don’t worry, I think Baekhyun likes your ’Goodnight Lullabies’.” Chanyeol informed, nodding his head over at Baekhyun, who was currently giggling to himself.

 

Chanyeol also knows something about Baekhyun, He has a crush on Jongdae. Knowing this makes Chanyeol chuckle, why aren’t they together yet? Chanyeol doesn’t interfere with the situation because he believes in fairy tale endings, well without the witches and evil stepmothers.

 

“And you like your stepbrother, so shut it.” Jongdae huffed, Chanyeol’s face turned as red as a tomato. “Speak of the devil,” Baekhyun said, “hey Zitao!”

 

“Hey, what’s up, Baekhyun hyung?”

 

Chanyeol turned around, it was Zitao and his two friends, Jongin and Sehun. “Did you want something?” Chanyeol asked the younger, “I just wanted to say good luck.” Zitao told. Chanyeol raised a brow, “Good luck? For what?”

 

“Don’t you have a basketball game tonight?” Zitao asked, “No, the game is on Thursday.”

 

“Chanyeol, today is Thursday.” Jongdae informed, “Oh—Why are you telling me good luck now? Shouldn’t you be saying that at the game?” Chanyeol wondered. “But, Chanyeol hyung, I don’t go to your games. You say that it’s hard to focus with me at your games.”

 

“I want you to be at this one, besides, who wouldn’t want to see Wooliment Academy get crushed? We’re going to celebrate afterwards, and it would be better if you share the excitement.” Chanyeol explained. Zitao looked up at Chanyeol with wide eyes, “Do you mean it, Chanyeol hyung?” Zitao tilted his head. “Of course I do, Zitao.” Chanyeol said, ruffling the younger’s hair.

 

‘What would I do without you, my cute little panda?’

 

“Who is he?!”

 

“Ah~ His face is so refreshing!”

 

“He’s so beautiful!”

 

Soon a crowd of girls were surrounding the hallway entrance, “Who’s making the girls go insane?” Sehun asked.  Jongin tapped a girl on the shoulder, she turned around, “Do you mind telling me what all of the commotion is about?” He asked the girl. “Well, we don’t know his name, but he is probably the handsomest guy ever!” She squealed, she then got pulled away by some other fan girls. “This guy must be really handsome for them to be acting like this.”

 

“I can’t stand any of the guys that the girls like,” Zitao said, rolling his eyes, ”They’re always full of themselves.”

 

Suddenly, a path was formed, “Nope, this soap opera .” Sehun said, getting out his phone, going through his games. Baekhyun sighed, “Another spoiled, idiotic, vain, rich kid.” Baekhyun huffed, Jongdae nodded, “I’m sick of those types of people just coming to our school, we attract unwanted types of people.”

 

 The group started to walk away from the scene, “We haven’t even met the guy, he’s probably not that spoiled rich kid that we thought he’d be?” Chanyeol suggested. “Or what if he’s a complete idiot?” Zitao said, in the exact suggestive tone as Chanyeol, the whole group chuckled at Zitao.

 

“So, I’m an idiot to all of you?”

 

They all stopped in their tracks, they slowly turned around on their heels, a loud gasp escaped from the Baekhyun's lips.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Sorry for the long wait, please anticipate the next chapter!~

I'm sorry if this has any mistakes!