Release to Refresh

Release to Refresh

 

 

bruh-ge ‏@galaxyifan_ 1m

yeah it is. try to sleep well ok? goodnite

Expand                                                              

 

#ysquad2k15 ‏@firelordyeol 8m

it’s getting a bit late isn’t it

Expand                                                              

 

#ysquad2k15 ‏@firelordyeol 12m

@galaxyifan_ how far are you in omega ruby btw?

Expand                                                               

 

6 more replies

 

bruh-ge ‏@galaxyifan_ 9m

@firelordyeol @jongchen i’m naming my bidoof baekhyun then

Expand                                                              

 

#ysquad2k15 retweeted

ch-ch-chenpai ‏@jongchen  4h

i named my bidoof after you because you guys are practically twins @firelordyeol

pic.twitter.com/ght5sk2bj3

View photo                                                      

 

 

 

 

 

Scratching the back of his neck, Chanyeol stretches out across his bed before closing his laptop, setting it on the floor as it charges. Crickets are starting to chirp outside of his window, reminding him it’s already way past the time he said he was going to sleep at.

 

It’s another night of staying up, chatting away with the boy across the country, the one who left him little fireflies in his direct messages.

 

Wu Yifan is a strange guy, Chanyeol notices—he always seems to say his good byes on Twitter, and then continues texting Chanyeol afterwards, like he just wants some alone time with him. His phone buzzes with the familiar tone from Line, and Chanyeol doesn’t mind it one bit since he likes monopolizing all of Yifan’s attention like this, in this personal space with no one else watching.

 

do you think jongdae has a crush on baekhyun?

 

Chanyeol smiles and unlocks his phone to type out a reply.

 

Maybe. Jongdae has that tsundere quality where he says he hates someone, but really he just wants to get into their pants. How’s that mixtape coming along btw?

 

A few seconds pass by and then his phone chirps with another reply.

 

it’s coming! you’ll love it ^-^

 

Ever since Yifan mentioned his love of music, and the fact that he’s been messing around with mixtapes in his free time, Chanyeol’s been pestering Yifan about making one with all of his favorite rap songs because they share a few artists in their recent listens.

 

Yifan doesn’t seem to mind it much since he always updates Chanyeol every so often with a photo of him in front of his desktop, aloof and with his headphones on, like the professional composer he’s aspiring to be. Chanyeol shared a dream with him once, but reality delivers its bitter reality checks when it’s not expected.

 

It really is getting late though, so after typing up a quick good night, Chanyeol glances over his notifications one last time and then tucks his phone away before heading off to sleep.

 

 

                                                                           

 

 

#ysquad2k15 favorited

oiroke no jutsu ‏@thebrokage  7m

good morning guys

Expand                                                                

 

oiroke no jutsu ‏@thebrokage  1m

hey why aren’t you answering your texts? @sehunpls

Expand                                                                

 

#ysquad2k15 retweeted

i need a sugar daddy ‏@sehunpls  2h

@thebrokage jongin! i’m waiting in front of the subway!! 

Expand                                                                

 

 

 

 

 

The mall’s barely busy on a Monday morning, and most of the staff are trickling into the building with barely concealed frowns and Starbucks cups in hand. Chanyeol stifles a yawn as he buzzes in from the backdoor, waving a few greetings to his manager before taking a seat in the staff room. He still has a good amount of time before he has to clock in, so he unlocks his screen to check over his social media again.

 

Do you think Baekhyun’s into me?

 

It’s a message that Jongdae left the night before, after Chanyeol went to bed and ceased communicating with anyone. It’s already a few hours old, so maybe replying to it now would be a little weird, Chanyeol assumes. Of course, the message also already notified Jongdae that Chanyeol’s seen it now, so there’s not really any decision to debate here.

 

What makes you say that?

 

It’s barely ten seconds before he gets a reply.

 

Just a feeling >_>

 

Chanyeol begins typing out a nosey question when he hears a buzz from the backdoor, and Sungwoo letting in his coworker.

 

“Chanyeol are we still on for tonight?” When Chanyeol looks up, he sees Kangjun’s lazily dragging himself into the staff room, his attention completely focused on his phone.

 

Whatever he was looking at must’ve been really important because it’s only two steps before he misses a chair completely and falls straight onto the floor. Chanyeol tries to hold back his laughter as Kangjun sighs from his spot, making a slow attempt at recovering from his fumble because waking up in the morning is already enough punishment.

 

“Sorry dude, I totally forgot,” Chanyeol says, as he sets his phone down. “There was a huge line up at Gamestop and I couldn’t sneak in. Guess some new game’s out or something.”

 

“It’s no problem,” Kangjun says, as he picks himself up from the floor. “We’ll just swing by after work later. Jinah said she’d be working today anyways.”

 

“Sweetness.” Chanyeol smiles as he bumps Kangjun’s fist with his. “Hey is Sungwoo okay? I saw him typing up something in the office. Like furiously typing.”

 

Kangjun shrugs. “Beats me. I know we’ve been short-staffed lately with all of the college freshmen quitting when they realized how much work they’d have to be doing, but I think we’re doing a pretty good job.” He looks pained, like it took all of strength to even finish that lie. “He’s trying to find new employees, but no one really wants to work here.”

 

Chanyeol understands. It isn’t exactly every person’s dream to be working at a summer clothing store for minimum wage, and he can’t exactly blame them for underestimating the work load when they first applied—Sungwoo does a nice job of sugarcoating things, even when the reality is much, much tougher.

 

He believes it’s the best way to weed out the weak employees from the strong ones who’ll survive the holidays.

 

“Alright. The truck’s coming in tomorrow, which means that we’ll need to make sure the store looks extra clean when we close today,” Sungwoo says, as he steps into the staff room, a stack of folders in his hand. “Chanyeol I’m going to need you to watch the register today as well because Jaehwan called out for some pet emergency or whatever, and since we don’t have that many people to spread around, I need coverage.”

 

“You got it boss man.”

 

“I also need you to help Kangjun in running the racks from the fitting rooms because the team from last night was swamped and couldn’t do it.” Sungwoo rubs at his temples slowly. “We also have tables to fold and the walls need to be cleaned up because apparently, there were some teenagers here last night who don’t understand the simple concept of hanging clothes back onto their hangers.” The temple rubbing turns into a full on forehead face palm. “I don’t get paid enough for this.”

 

Chanyeol and Kangjun exchange glances at this. Chanyeol really doesn’t get paid enough for this either, and Kangjun just looks confused about everything because it’s just going to be the three of them for the whole day. Sungwoo looks like he’s ready to strangle the mannequin in the front of the store, or at least, swing it around in some sort of wanton rage.

 

Sungwoo clears his throat. “You have your directions, and I have my coffee. Let’s get this mess cleaned up before lunch.”

 

 

 

 

 

bow down es ‏@baekyonce 3h

i don’t blame you for having a crush on me i mean, look at me @jongchen

Expand                                                              

 

8 more replies

 

ch-ch-chenpai ‏@jongchen 11m

@baekyonce wait did you just admit i’m attractive?

Expand                                                              

 

don’t rt me ‏@satansoo 2s

@jongchen @baekyonce smh rn

Expand                                                              

 

 

 

 

 

“Man you look beat,” Yifan says as he watches Chanyeol curl up through the webcam. “I mean, more than usual anyways. Rough day at work?”

 

Chanyeol lets out a pathetic whine and proceeds to squish his face into his pillow, tipping over his laptop in the process. He doesn’t want to let Yifan know about the horrid amount of unnecessary work he had to deal with today, but his body language has always been a bit obvious. Aches and pains line his every movement and as always, Yifan’s there to ease it away.

 

“I’m just tired, you know me,” Chanyeol drawls, tilting his face up so he can sneak Yifan a small smile.

 

It works, if only because Yifan doesn’t want Chanyeol to have to strain himself more just for him. He easily returns a smile and they sit there, enjoying each other’s presence like it’s their own little escape from the world.

 

For Chanyeol, it is.

 

There’s certain things that he can confide in Yifan, share with him that he can’t with the people around him. It’s not that his coworkers aren’t people he enjoys talking to—it’s just that Yifan has a way of opening up Chanyeol that no one else can. Talking about even the most mundane of topics become hours of conversation, and Chanyeol learns more about himself just as much as he learns about Yifan.

 

“You shouldn’t work so hard,” Yifan says, a hint of worry in his voice, even with the smile still stretched on his face. “Remember to have fun.”

 

“I’m like the definition of fun,” Chanyeol gawks. “If you looked up fun in the dictionary you’d see my face next to it.”

 

“Alright, alright,” Yifan says, brushing back a few bangs from his forehead. “If you say so.”

 

Chanyeol’s about to dive into a rant when something catches his eye and he pauses for a moment. Pulling himself up on his elbows, he stares straight into his laptop screen, eyes squinting as he searches Yifan’s box. “You look different. It’s—did you… You bleached your hair didn’t you?”

 

Yifan blinks, gummy smile stretching wider with each second, and then he breaks into a chuckle before threading his fingers back through his bangs. “You noticed?” It’s clear now, even with the low lighting in Yifan’s apartment, his usual black is now a vibrant blond, and Chanyeol has to do a double take because it looks different than what he’s used to. A good different. “I got tired of the black, so I thought I’d change it up a bit, you know, with a new color. Does it look y?”

 

It makes you look like a star, Chanyeol wants to say, but instead, he shakes his head and widens his lopsided smile. “You look stupid. More than usual. You should get your money back.”  

 

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Yifan pipes up as he leans forward into the camera, collarbones slipping out from the offensive tank top he’s wearing. It’s offensive because it’s absolutely worthless as a piece of clothing, barely concealing Yifan’s chest from peeking out.

 

“So about that mixtape,” Chanyeol quickly says, diverting his attention away from Yifan’s chest, and more importantly, the small, lukewarm feelings that are starting to grow inside of him.

 

This time, Yifan moves to lie on his stomach and the tank practically becomes nonexistent. Chanyeol can’t help but shudder at the glint in Yifan’s eyes as he stretches out a smirk.

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

In reply to lu to the han

nah ‏@seokmyass  5m

@adeergod the party’s still on for tonight btw if you want to bring some drinks

Expand                                                                

 

exams ‏@changsaswag  1m

@seokmyass @adeergod 31.media.tumblr.com/22d311db2bc7d… TURN UP!

Expand                                                                

 

 

 

 

 

When Yifan announces on Twitter that he’s planning to stop by Chanyeol’s city for a sort of early vacation from his studies, their timeline is filled with t-list making outrageous jokes about them getting together and that they should just come out and say they’re actually dating. Chanyeol takes it in stride, easily joking along with his friends and Yifan follows his lead, joining in with his own bad attempt at humor.

 

It would be nice though, to actually be able to say that they’re dating, but Chanyeol’s still stuck in that early shy stage of crushes, the one where he’d sit by the riverbed, plucking flower petals as he wondered if Yifan loved him or not. Not that Chanyeol would ever confirm it, but he’s actually had moments where he daydreamed about his relationship with Yifan.

 

“So in about a week or so, I’ll be taking the subway up there,” Yifan says through the webcam. He’s in the middle of stripping off his basketball jersey and Chanyeol has to look away to continue holding a decent conversation. “Do you know of any good hotels up there?”

 

Chanyeol purses his lips as a thought plays through his mind. “You could—how about staying at my place?” He says it almost too quickly and Yifan pauses with the jersey hanging around his neck, bare-chested and all. “I mean, I have a spare room for guests and it wouldn’t be a problem for me. Seriously, it would be pretty fun.”

 

“Are you sure?” Yifan tilts his head and the jersey slides along his collarbones, slowly, revealing more skin than Chanyeol thought he would be able to handle. He’s doing pretty well all things considered.

 

“It’s really no big deal. We’re friends after all, it makes the most sense. You should chill with me and we can hang out in the big city.” Chanyeol adjusts back to his usual suave self and it works, distracting himself from the obvious crush he’s fostering. “We can go drinking, or maybe just grab some coffee if that’s more your scene.”

 

Yifan finally laughs and it’s a beautiful sound, gently fluttering through his speakers like a lullaby. “Well, since you’re putting it so nicely, I guess it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to hang out at your place. Does your apartment have any rules or anything?”

 

“Nope, well as long as you don’t bring any pets or anything like that you should be fine,” Chanyeol says. “The last time I had someone bring an animal over to the place, my neighbor threw a fit because they didn’t like anything made out of fur.”

 

“I just have a few alpaca plushies with me,” Yifan admits as he pulls a bright white doll from his shelf. “They’re not actually made of fur, but I can’t leave them behind because they’ll get lonely without me.” He starts petting the alpaca and Chanyeol resists the urge to coo because he’s conflicted on if he should think Yifan caring for his doll so attentively while half- is adorable or incredibly y.

 

“It should be fine,” Chanyeol manages. “This is exciting isn’t it? I’ve never had a roommate before. It’s like my first time with one.”

 

“I’ve had a few roommates before, but they were all pretty boring guys,” Yifan says, setting his alpaca aside. “Good thing you’re the definition of fun.”

 

“Right?” Chanyeol almost chuckles, before a choked gasp escapes his throat when Yifan decides to shed the rest of his jersey. It’s like being blinded by the sun, except it’s a thousand times worse because this sun is attractive to Chanyeol.

 

He doesn’t remember anything else that happens from that chat because he’s darting out of the room as soon as it happens, with Yifan laughing heartily in the background.

 

 

 

 

 

cruel angel’s thesis ‏@kimjunmyeon  4s

@sailortao isn’t this cute? youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T…

Expand                                                                

 

cruel angel’s thesis ‏@kimjunmyeon  19m

it’s an otter holding another otter’s hand. that’s cute

Expand                                                                                       

 

cruel angel’s thesis ‏@kimjunmyeon  30m

omg this is so cute youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T…

Expand                                                                

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol isn’t worried.

 

The days pass by without much trouble, and the work starts to become less tiring when he reminds himself that the one person he’s been waiting to meet for so long is finally coming to his city. He’s actually going to be able to meet Yifan face to face, to be able to talk to him in person, and not behind the wall of distance.

 

Yifan texts him early in the morning of his departure, complete with a photo of him buying a ticket and pretending to not notice the group of kids photobombing in the background. He’s cute like this, when he doesn’t hold back his excitement, and allows it to take over him like a child.

 

you’ll see me before i see you > o <

 

Chanyeol wants to reply with an obviously, but he’s just as excited as Yifan is about this meeting. It’s infectious, and Chanyeol buries his chin inside of his scarf as he ambles giddily into the subway entrance, a bold smile stretching from ear to ear. Tugging his beanie further over his ears, Chanyeol weaves through the crowd in hopes of finding a nice, quiet spot for his first meeting.

 

The realization hits him again and Chanyeol can’t resist giggling, enough that he almost misses the screech of the subway train slowing to a stop at their sign. Quickly, Chanyeol takes his phone out to make a few last minute brushes to his bangs, and to make sure his first impression is a stunning one.

 

“Chanyeol?” Yifan’s voice is unmistakable, rumbling heavy against the crowd.

 

It’s a nice voice, and Chanyeol has an urge to not react just so he can hear his voice again. That would be too cruel, even for him, so he turns around, and finally, there standing in his handsome glory is Wu Yifan, dressed to kill and targets sighted on Chanyeol’s heart. He looks dapper in his peacoat and not so out of place for the city.

 

Chanyeol is pleased.

 

There’s so many things he imagined himself confessing to Yifan if they’d ever meet in person. His feelings of love for Yifan, the way he enjoyed how Yifan spoke, how beautiful Yifan’s face is, but instead, he just stares at Yifan. It’s like he needs a moment to actually convince himself that yes Yifan does exist, and yes, Yifan is standing right in front of him.

 

Yifan is standing right in front of him, and awkwardly so, with the way he steps aside for a couple as they walk into the subway. He’s confused, and clearly waiting for Chanyeol to give him a reply.

 

“Uh,” Yifan mutters, eyebrow’s raising up like he’s trying to bring Chanyeol back from whatever trance he’s in.

 

It’s the eyebrows, Chanyeol assumes. They’re hypnotic and sharp, and quite possibly illegal, but it might’ve been his eyes, with the way they draw him, warm and inviting, and as cliché as it sounds, Chanyeol can’t help but feel lost inside of them.

 

“Guh,” is all Chanyeol is able to reply with and Yifan breaks into his signature gummy smile. “You’re taller than me!”

 

Such a brilliant first impression.

 

 

 

 

 

bruh-ge favorited

don’t rt me ‏@satansoo  2m

@firelordyeol why are you always smiling in these photos? it’s annoying.

Expand                                                                                                                                       

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as they arrive at the apartment, Chanyeol takes the first official photo of them together, slinging an arm around a confused Yifan as he stumbles in through the door. He has to take a moment to coo at it because they just look so good together, but when he notices Yifan looking over his shoulder at the phone, Chanyeol quickly clears his throat and walks further into the apartment.

 

“So yeah, this is my humble apartment,” Chanyeol says, waving his hand across the space like a salesman. “It’s not big or anything, but it’s nice enough to call home.”

 

Yifan’s studying everything around him carefully, like a child discovering a new toy store for the first time. His eyes are lit up with the sort of wonder Chanyeol usually has when he walks into a new store that opens up at the mall, except Yifan looks like he’s really fascinated with the simple decorations Chanyeol has up in his living room.

 

There’s a few photos of Chanyeol and his family, and a lot of smaller photos of classmates back when he was in high school. Chanyeol has a habit of memorizing every moment of his life through photos—‘when I get old, I want to be able to revisit every single moment of my life’ he would always tell people.

 

“You were pretty popular as a kid huh?” Yifan asks as he picks up one of the smaller frame. He looks content.

 

Chanyeol starts up a burner on his stove, to warm up the stew he brewed up before leaving to fetch Yifan from the subway. “I guess you could say that. My sister always joked that I would never shut up as a kid, or even now as an adult. I just like talking to people.”

 

“I wasn’t as talkative as a kid,” Yifan admits. “I’d always keep to myself. I was more of the, study hard and you’ll be set for the future type of student.”

 

Chanyeol’s mouth thins for a moment, but before the awkward silence can creep back in, Yifan reaches over and ruffles at his hair. It’s comforting, and Chanyeol relishes in the touch with a grin lined with happiness. It’s like this Yifan is able to turn moments into memories, and Chanyeol makes sure to remember every moment like they’re important memories.

 

“So are you hungry?” Chanyeol pipes up as he slides out from Yifan’s hand. “I hope you didn’t eat before you left. I remember you said you aren’t so good with spicy food, so I made it without the peppers.” The broth is bubbling hot now, and it smells delicious, warm and most importantly, not spicy.

 

“What makes you think I can’t handle spice?” Yifan asks as he brings his duffel bags into the living room. “I love spice. Spicy. Hot foods. Whatever. Bring it on.”

 

Chanyeol can’t resist rolling his eyes. “Okay dude, I’ll add some spice in then.”

 

For the record, Yifan cannot handle spice. In between bouts of laughter and I told you sos, Chanyeol fetches Yifan more rice, claiming it works better than just drinking up all the water. Yifan probably thinks that Chanyeol’s trying to kill him with this recipe, but it barely tastes spicy at all. In fact, the spice factor is less than usual, but Chanyeol doesn’t let Yifan know in case it breaks his poor, poor heart.

 

“Wow, that went exactly how I thought it would,” Chanyeol says as he collects the plates up from the coffee table. Yifan’s lying flat on the sofa, so he assumes that Yifan’s had enough trouble for one day. “How are you holding up over there?”

 

The answer Yifan tries to give out is mumbled against the sofa cushion, and possibly filled with angry vocabulary, so Chanyeol leaves him be as he cleans up.

 

 

 

 

 

bow down es ‏@baekyonce  6m

i can’t believe jongdae blocked unblocked me

Expand                                                

 

i found a sugar daddy ‏@sehunpls  3s

@baekyonce l m a o

Expand 

 

 

 

 

 

The afternoon devolves into a quiet evening in the apartment, with Chanyeol strumming his guitar slowly on the back patio, and Yifan typing away on his laptop in the living room. The city’s nice like this, when it’s quieted down and the only sounds that could be heard are the cars that pass by on the streets below. Chanyeol’s grown up on these nights, guiding him through his toughest hours.

 

“What are you working on?” Chanyeol asks as he sets his guitar aside.

 

Yifan looks up at him a bit startled, but then his shoulders ease up as he turns his screen over for Chanyeol to look at. “My new library. Itunes has been messing with my songs lately so I’ve had to rearrange some playlists.”

 

“That sounds… fun,” Chanyeol says, pouting.

 

Yifan glances back over at him and lets out a chuckle before closing his laptop with a tap. When he stretches out across the sofa, his shirt rides up a sliver, but it’s enough that his stomach peeks out from underneath the fabric. “Did you have any plans for tonight? For us?”

 

Us. Together, Chanyeol hadn’t really thought about it. Yifan’s body is so distracting. But he’s never had trouble playing the role of the host—even among his city friends. “We could go for a walk?”

 

“A walk?” Yifan repeats, as if judging him.

 

“Yes,” Chanyeol says, “A walk. In the city. It’s really fun at night.”

 

Yifan doesn’t look convinced, but there’s amusement in his smile as he heads over to Chanyeol’s bathroom to clean up a bit. “It’s the first door on the left right?” He’s already slipping his shirt off as he walks into the door and Chanyeol isn’t sure if he can do this.

 

“Right,” Chanyeol answers. “I mean, yeah it’s on the left.”

 

When he’s sure that Yifan’s preoccupied with his face care, Chanyeol quickly types out a few texts on his phone to his friends, asking them for advice because he really doesn’t want to screw up any chances he has with Yifan. Sure Yifan once said that he liked Chanyeol, but did he mean it in that he liked Chanyeol as a friend, or that he liked him in that kind of way?

 

Why don’t you just ask him?

 

Baekhyun’s advice has always been simple and straightforward, but in situations like this, it’s a bit difficult to just be a bit straightforward. What if Yifan doesn’t like him in that way and he ends up ruining their relationship forever? He’d have no one to turn to for late night conversations and online chats that’s helped Chanyeol in more ways than one.

 

I can’t do that... what if he doesn’t see me like that? ;;

 

A tapping sound comes from the bathroom, and from the slight opening in the door, Chanyeol can see Yifan’s reflection in the mirror as he shaves. Clean, and precise, and very much shirtless, Yifan looks like he walked out of the pages in some fashion magazine, and it makes Chanyeol’s mouth go dry.

 

What if he does? Oh snap plot twist keke

 

Chanyeol pockets his phone after that last text, partially because Yifan sounds like he’s finishing, but also because Baekhyun is still an . The bathroom door creaks open, and as Yifan slips out, Chanyeol has to bite his tongue because Yifan decided to remain shirtless after he was done. The universe must love watching Chanyeol suffer.

 

“Sorry I took so long,” Yifan breathes out as he taps his cheeks with his towel. “I tried to hurry so we can leave, but you know, beauty calls.” He flourishes his words with a full body stretch and if Chanyeol stared hard enough, he swears he can see Yifan’s skin sparkling like some sort of ridiculous low budget movie parody.

 

“Well it’s no—” Chanyeol trails off as soon as he starts because Yifan’s leaning over his duffel bag and he’s a bit distracted with the way Yifan’s jeans are tugging around his thighs so tightly. His eyes travel up slowly and there it is, Yifan’s glorious , round and perfect.

 

He can’t do this.

 

Yifan looks back at him with a worried tug in his eyebrows, hands held up to his chest with a black button up. “Are you okay Chanyeol?”

 

He really can’t do this.

 

 

 

 

 

#ysquad2k15 favorited

getting that paper ‏@sailortao  5h

/sighs

Expand 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, if he hadn’t embarrassed himself by simply being around Yifan’s presence, then Chanyeol definitely made an impression as he stumbles out of the elevator on a caught shoelace, landing face first onto the lobby tiles. There’s a few whispers throughout the room but thankfully, they dissipate after a few seconds when everyone continues on with their business.

 

Yifan must think he’s some sort of socially awkward turtle that never knows where his limbs are at any given time.

 

It’s true though, Chanyeol sometimes has trouble placing his limbs so that they don’t accidentally knock into people. Sungwoo once described him as more of a baby giraffe learning to walk and the image sort of stuck with him.

 

“Sorry about that,” Chanyeol apologizes, even though he’s the one lying on the lobby floor. “If this is too much, we can just chill back at my apartment.”

 

Yifan chuckles underneath his collar and helps Chanyeol back onto his feet with a hand on his arm. “It’s fine Chanyeol. Just relax.” This is nice, being cared for by Yifan, and Chanyeol pretends the pink on his cheeks is from the fall air slipping in from the lobby doors. “So where are we headed to?”

 

“You’ll find out,” Chanyeol says enthusiastically. He punctuates his sentence with a wink, and it has Yifan smiling back as he lets go of his arm.

 

They end up walking aimlessly throughout the streets of the city, passing by shops and alleyways, with Chanyeol’s witty commentary occasionally popping up. He talks about the exciting adventures he usually has when he gets lost in the city, how he discovers new places just by simply taking a stroll away from his apartment. Yifan listens with avidity, sometimes matching Chanyeol’s descriptions with a few questions and comments of his own.

 

It makes Chanyeol’s chest swell with happiness that Yifan’s so eager to learn about his life, to lose himself to the colors and the energy of the city.

 

He’s captivated, lost within the phenomenon that is Wu Yifan.

 

“How did you get into music?” Chanyeol asks as they stop by a small café on their way back. There’s a few couples still lounging around inside, as well as the students typing away on their laptops. It’s one of Chanyeol’s favorite hangouts, where the atmosphere is relaxing and the clientele is respectful.

 

Yifan taps his finger against his tray as he ponders on his thoughts. “It probably came about when I was a teenager. I grew up on garage rock bands and burned CDs, and that turned into a fascination for underground music. Music’s been there my whole life. It’s like my soul food.” His fingers wander lazily in search of another cupcake to add to his collection. Chanyeol helps him pick out a cinnamon twist instead and Yifan doesn’t shy away when their fingers graze slightly.

 

“So then,” Chanyeol says as he pulls back. “What made you turn to composing?”

 

“You sure have a lot of questions,” Yifan comments, voice lacking any sort of real bite to it. Chanyeol turns to him with an exaggerated pout and Yifan lets out a small chuckle to try and soften his words. “I was really fascinated with how songs work. I mean, you ever listen to something on the radio, and you just get a feeling for the beats? Like the layers of beats and harmonizing that get put into it.”

 

“Not, uh, not really,” Chanyeol mutters quietly. “I mean, I haven’t really thought about it, but I see what you mean. It’s like taking apart a car and finding the individual pieces that help it run. Like tires and stuff.”

 

“Not the example I had in mind but it works,” Yifan notes as he slides up next to Chanyeol. “I want to be a part of that scene. To be able to move hearts and bodies with the beats that I create.” His smile is proud. “I want to create life. Or something like that but probably not as dramatic.”

 

Yifan ends up paying for them both—in Chanyeol’s defense, Yifan’s arms are longer and his voice is deeper—and when Chanyeol opens his mouth to decline, Yifan merely simpers and tells him he should’ve been faster. They leave with their treats and wander back into the brisk night, munching on their bread with no real destination in mind.

 

It’s getting late, but Chanyeol can’t seem to care right now. He’s enjoying his moments with Yifan and it’s really like stepping into his favorite song, feeling every single word and understanding what the singer means when they say they are in love.

 

Yifan’s face is illuminated by the street lights, and he looks breathtaking, eyes filled to the brim with mirth, and a smile so blinding that it shines in the night.

 

Chanyeol could stay like this forever.

 

 

 

 

 

#ysquad2k15 retweeted

getting that paper ‏@sailortao  9h

/sighs

Expand 

 

 

 

 

 

In the first few days of having Yifan as his roommate, Chanyeol has discovered a few important facts about him.

 

Fact number one: Yifan almost always loves to roam around the apartment half , and Chanyeol can almost admit that he’s desensitized himself to seeing Yifan’s glorious chest every minute every day—although this morning, he nearly choked on his cereal when Yifan stepped out of the bathroom when he was done showering, so the process is still ongoing.

 

Fact number two: Yifan always, always talks to his alpaca dolls whenever he needs inspiration. Chanyeol will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and he’ll peek out into the living and Yifan will be sitting on the couch, hovering over his laptop and mumbling words to his alpaca like it’s his muse. Chanyeol is still debating on whether or not this is cute or extremely weird.

 

Fact number three: Yifan manages to grow cuter every single day he’s with Chanyeol. He was already pretty cute to begin with, but when Yifan knelt down to his neighbor’s baby and started baby-talking to it, Chanyeol knew that Yifan was a dangerous man. He loves children, and he’s good with kids, and no, how can a man be so perfect?

 

How does a perfect man like Wu Yifan exist?

 

“It sounds to me, like you have a really big, crush,” Kangjun points out one lunch break, when he catches Chanyeol sighing to himself for the fifteenth time that hour. “A really, really big crush.”

 

“Your detective skills are groundbreaking,” Chanyeol mutters as he rests his cheek against the store schedule.

 

He really does have a big crush and it’s only growing bigger with each moment he’s spending with Yifan, like a flower soaking up sunlight until it begins to blossom. Or something like that, Chanyeol isn’t the best with metaphors, or anything dealing with beauty for that matter.

 

I’ll say it once and I’ll say it again. Just—

 

Chanyeol doesn’t need to read the rest of the text to know Baekhyun’s advice usually devolves into a smartass comment, followed by a told you so. He doesn’t want to give him the pleasure of being right about well, anything really.

 

But it all boils down to the same piece of advice: Chanyeol should just ask him out.

 

He shouldn’t be afraid that Yifan might say no, because what if he says yes? He shouldn’t put off the wonderful, very wonderful, possibilities just because of the small chance he might say no.

 

 

 

 

 

getting that paper ‏@sailortao  1m

@firelordyeol you need something?

Expand 

 

 

 

 

 

After a few days of sightseeing with host Chanyeol, Yifan decides it’s his turn to show Chanyeol around the city, and at first, it’s confusing because Yifan’s never been to this city before, but when questioned, he simply presses a finger to Chanyeol’s lips and tells him to just follow him.

 

They end up deep in the heart of the city, where the club bangers and the wild teenagers love to hang out and party on the weekends. It’s a scene filled with fast drinks and even faster risks, and Chanyeol’s surprised Yifan even knows about it. He doesn’t seem like the type of person who’d hang out in places like this, but there’s still sides to him that Chanyeol doesn’t know.

 

The club is small, or rather, it feels small because of all the bodies grinding against one another, moans filling the air in tune with the wub, wub, wub of the speakers.

 

Chanyeol has to practically hold Yifan’s hand the entire time as they find their way to the back, the area that Chanyeol usually stays away from because he isn’t important enough. At first, the bouncer shoots a wary look Chanyeol’s way, but then Yifan’s whispering something into his ear and they’re let in without a single word.

 

It’s quiet in the room, even with the pounding bass playing in the club. Red cushions line the room, and there’s a pole in the middle, and for a split second Chanyeol wonders just what kind of double life is Yifan living where he has all of these connections, and more importantly, does Yifan know how to use that pole?

 

“How are you holding up?” Yifan whispers against Chanyeol’s ear and it’s enough to startle him. He tries to ignore the shivers that follow.

 

“I didn’t even drink anything,” Chanyeol says. “Do I look tipsy or something?”

 

Yifan gives him a once over, like he’s seriously trying to gauge whether or not Chanyeol got drunk off of the atmosphere, but he shakes his head. “I mean, are you having fun?”

 

“I am, don’t worry about me,” Chanyeol says as he takes a photo of himself with his phone, showing it to Yifan only when he’s sure it looks attractive enough.

 

“It looks good, but you should lose this.” Yifan’s smile is playful, and slowly, he reaches over to pull Chanyeol’s snapback off of his head before twisting it over his own hair. Chanyeol mentally slaps himself for thinking Yifan wearing his snapback is actually attractive. “I thought it would be fun if I showed you a little bit of what my life is like back in my home town. I practically live for the night life. I’m like Batman with Beats by Dre.”

 

“You mean to tell me you’re an actual party animal?” Chanyeol asks, surprised. Even sitting in this room isn’t convincing him that Yifan’s actually down for clubbing and that he might actually enjoy drinking just as much as Chanyeol does.

 

“For the right amount.” Yifan’s smile grows and he leans against the cushions, draping his legs over the armrest as he drinks in the atmosphere.

 

He looks content, in his element. When the DJ switches over the playlist to a few trap beats, Yifan’s shoulders are bobbing along to the beats and Chanyeol has to laugh because he just looks so cute like this, even with the leather stretching along his legs.

 

Legs, long and distracting. . Chanyeol’s laughter breaks into a cough as he leans back against the cushion to try and lose himself to the bass.

 

“Just try to relax Chanyeol,” Yifan breathes as he pushes Chanyeol’s snapback further up. “Just feel the beats within your body and let it control you. Let it take over your soul.”

 

Something clicks, and Chanyeol’s smiling as he listens to the music. He tries not to notice the way Yifan watches him from across the room, eyes dark with a sort of desire, a sort of lust.

 

 

 

 

 

don’t rt me ‏@satansoo  3m

@firelordyeol so is he a stripper or not

Expand                

 

 

 

 

 

The last day of Yifan’s vacation arrives too quickly, and Chanyeol heaves a heavy heart as he walks Yifan down to the subway. He still hasn’t confessed to Yifan about his true feelings, and even after the club, it feels like they’re back to their usual friendly bros stage. It’s awkward, and even with Yifan cracking up a few jokes to pass the time, Chanyeol can’t bring himself to smile.

 

How can he be happy? His feelings for Yifan have only multiplied during his stay in the city, and Chanyeol still hasn’t given him everything he wanted.

 

“So, I hope you had a fun time here,” Chanyeol mumbles, purposefully staring at the tips of his boots instead of looking up at Yifan.

 

Yifan hums in content, and pushes at his shoulder lightly, eyes forming crescents when Chanyeol plays along and makes a comical face. “I did have a good time Mr. Park. You were right, the city really is a beautiful place.”

 

“Isn’t it though?” Chanyeol perks up and he realizes that even in his saddest moments, Yifan’s always there to bring the smiles out of him. It feels right. “You have to come back again so we can hang out more.”

 

“I will,” Yifan says, almost wistfully. “Chanyeol, I uh.” He’s fumbling around his own words, and Chanyeol shoots him a confused look, tilting his head like a curious kitten. “It’s nothing, I hope we do get a chance to hang out again.”

 

The duffel bag slung around his shoulder is slipping down from his fingers, and even in the same peacoat from before, Yifan looks stunning. The warning horn from the train is getting louder, and his departure is arriving. He looks ready for another adventure, and it’s going to be so far from Chanyeol.

 

When will Chanyeol get another chance to see Yifan in person, up close and away from prying eyes? Ignoring the warning signs firing off in his head, Chanyeol finally pushes aside every single thought in his mind and when Yifan moves to step closer to the platform, he blurts out, “Will you go out with me?”

 

Alarmed, Yifan stops walking, looking back at him slowly with wide eyes. There’s an odd mixture of surprise and confusion in his eyes, but the fact that he’s saying nothing tells Chanyeol that he wants him to continue.

 

“I mean, on a real date. With me,” Chanyeol says as he inhales slowly.

 

Yifan blinks. “Chanyeol I—”

 

“I know, I’m probably not the best person, or the most exciting person, or the most interesting person to even consider going out with,” Chanyeol continues. “But I’ve always had a crush on you and well, I just don’t know what to say but I like you. I mean, I really like you. A lot.”

 

Yifan blinks some more.

 

“I just feel so happy when I’m with you and it just feels like there’s a thousand songs playing in my head at the same time, but it feels right, and I don’t want to lose that.” People are starting to stare.

 

“I—”

 

“I love you Yifan, and not just in the friendly sort of way. I mean I love you in as more than just a friend.”

 

The train’s finally arrived. “Chanyeol—”

 

“I can’t stop thinking about the way your stupid hair looks after you wash it, the way it sticks up everywhere and you don’t care at all. Or the way you treat kids and dolls affectionately, like they’re little angels sent from heaven. That’s you. You’re like… you know.”

 

When it’s clear that Chanyeol’s finished ranting, Yifan blinks a few times before tucking his collar up and leaning down to take his duffel bag.

 

That sinking feeling returns once more, and Chanyeol can feel the slow sad violin playing in his head, tugging at his heartstrings in the most painful of ways. He shouldn’t have been so obvious with his affection, and now he’s going to lose it all. Chanyeol’s about to apologize, when he hears laughter breaking the silence.

 

Looking up, Yifan’s watching him with a smile and shaking his head. “You idiot, do you know you talk too much?” Before Chanyeol can protest, Yifan raises a placating hand. “I’d love to go out with you. I mean, I don’t have a lot of words like you do, but I like you too.”

 

His smile is genuine, and Chanyeol’s heart feels like it’s about to burst. The train is calling for last minute passengers, and instead of walking further away from Chanyeol, Yifan takes a step closer.

 

Step, step, step, until he’s standing right in front of him.

 

“Let’s make it simple,” Yifan says, “I like you, you like me. We’re dating now, if that’s alright with you.”

 

Chanyeol can’t stop nodding, and with a unbound happiness, he takes Yifan’s hand in his and pulls him in close for a hug. His arms feel safe around Yifan’s neck, and the hands that cautiously trail up his back to hold him make him feel just as secure.

 

Yifan is his escape from the world. A place where he has no worries.

 

 

 

 

 

ch-ch-chenpai ‏@jongchen  20m

@galaxyifan_ so what was the first thing chanyeol said to you

Expand                                                                

 

bruh-ge ‏@galaxyifan_  8m

@jongchen guh

Expand 

 

#ysquad2k15 ‏@firelordyeol  2s

@galaxyifan_ @jongchen AUHUFDIUF NO STOPPPPPPPP TT o TT

Expand                                                                

 

 

 

 

 

“By the way,” Yifan says as he sits up on the edge of the mattress. “I have a surprise for you.”

 

They’ve finished exploring the outskirts of the city, and nestled underneath the covers in Chanyeol’s bed to finish exploring each other.

 

Yifan’s back has always been beautiful to look at, but Chanyeol feels happy when he notices the marks he left on him in their haste. Each one tells a story, a mixture of lust and passion and Chanyeol runs a hand over them, relishing in the faint gasps Yifan lets out as he traces roads down his skin. His body shudders with each touch and it’s clear he’s enjoying this.

 

It’s always felt official, them being together, but Chanyeol enjoys the fact that he can now admit that Yifan’s been on his bed, and more importantly, .  

 

“Is it another alpaca doll, because I’m not sure if I’m ready to meet Ace’s extended family,” Chanyeol says as the covers slip along his hips. “That was, a really wild day okay.”

 

“It’s nothing like that,” Yifan chuckles as he searches his bag.

 

Chanyeol can’t resist appreciating Yifan’s because even bare, it’s so glorious to just look at. He also enjoys the fact that he can confirm to his friends that yes, Yifan’s is actually very firm and very nice to touch. Don’t let him get started on Yifan’s —Yifan has no shame in letting it swing wildly as he bounces across the room, and Chanyeol hopes that no one’s looking in through their windows.

 

“Is it a because I could really go for one right now,” Chanyeol half-jokes. “Or do you need one because—”

 

“It’s this,” Yifan says as he hands Chanyeol a cassette tape.

 

Written across the top, in red sharpie are the words ‘TO CHANYEOL TO’, and Chanyeol breaks out into boisterous laughter. He isn’t sure if he should be , or feel some sort of sentimental appreciation for the fact that Yifan actually finished his mixtape.

 

“Wait this is my mixtape right?” Chanyeol asks, suddenly unsure.

 

Yifan nods slowly, and points over to the boom-box on Chanyeol’s dresser. The fact that Yifan even remembered that Chanyeol had one as a gift just further cements Chanyeol’s growing attraction to him. “How about we use it now?” Yifan ask, a devious glint in his eyes.

 

The shivers are back, and this time Chanyeol lets it run through his spine because Yifan is his and he’s going to enjoy every inch of him.

 

 

 

 

 

chanyolo ‏@firelordyeol  14 Feb

@galaxyifan_ i don’t think we’ve met before but, hi! i’m chanyeol!! ^^

Expand

               

 

it’s my in a box ‏@galaxyifan_  14 Feb

@firelordyeol hey, i’m yifan :3

Expand                 

 


 

 

MASTERLIST