April 23rd 2011

TeacherxStudent

Jieun’s P.O.V

“Good morning, Jieun-ssi.” Mr. Byun said as I opened the door to the infirmary.

“ Good morning.” I replied after I let out a yawn. I laid down on the bed and pulled the blanket up to my neck.

“ Good night.” I said and was getting ready to go to dreamland but Mr.Byun pulled the blanket away from me.

“ Oh no you don’t. It’s time for you to study.” He said and placed my English activity book and pencil box that he took out of my bag(creep) on his desk.

“ Finish page 42 to 44 first. If you get it all correct, I’ll let you sleep for an hour.” He said. I really thought this nurse was nice but it turns out that he’s worse than the last nurse – way worse. The last nurse was super kind yet super strict. She would let me go if I did something cute(she was one of those ladies that weren’t married and longed for children of her own) and if that didn’t work there’s always a sob story – of course I can only use it once.

Knowing that I couldn’t argue with him, I walked to his desk and opened my book and finished the pages in 15 minutes. Mr. Byun checked my work.

“ Nice try, but you got one wrong.” He said and showed me my mistake. My eye twitched as I saw my mistake.

“ It’s only a full stop!” I complained but was actually blaming myself for not putting a damn full stop.

“ A full stop is very important in the English language… and who says you could be rude to your teacher? You were such an angel to me yesterday.” He said while looking at files.

“ You’re not a teacher, you’re a nurse.” I corrected him. He ignored me and continued reading his files. Is he pretending to ignore me? What does he even do all day besides taking care of kids?

“ So, why do you have ‘abdominal pain’?” He asked me, sounding like he doesn’t believe me.

The truth is… well… would you believe me if I told you I was abused by my father? No one did. My mother divorced my father 6 years ago because she fell in love with another man and ran off with him. That’s when he started gambling, smoking, drinking and abusing. He would use all sorts of methods – which also includes burning me with a cigarette(which is why I always wear long sleeves wherever I go). I told my neighbors but they didn’t believe me. My father would act all friendly in front of them and would offer to take them out for dinner when we hardly have money ourselves.

I begged my mom to let me stay with her but she told me to get lost and that I was a mistake. What she said really hurt me but I never gave up. I would keep pestering her about it and she finally gave in – she donated a lot of money (I can’t say how much) so I could get treatment. It would have been so much better if she could send me to the bloody hospital and send a report to the damn police! But nooooo she didn’t do anything!

I can’t report to the police myself because I tried once and I failed miserably. I ran to the police station as fast as I could. I was halfway there when my father caught me. There wasn’t anyone around because it was night time. It was the only time I could escape(he picks me up from school so I can’t escape). He kicked me, slapped me and caned me that night. He threatened to kill me if I ever did it again.

I was on the verge of crying when Mr. Byun said,“ Yah, are you mute?”

I took this opportunity and let my tears flow like a river. Mr. Byun’s eyes widened.

“ Why are you crying??? I was just kidding when I called you mute!” He said while looking around in panic, looking for tissue. When he came back with the tissue, he sat on the bed and wiped my tears. I took advantage of my tears and thought I could stop them, but I couldn’t. Instead, I cried harder. I tried not to cry out my mother’s name as Mr. Byun was in front of me. He had a worried expression on his face. Then, he pulled me into a hug and pat my back. It felt warm and I had a fuzzy feeling. I dug my head in his chest. This was what I was missing in my life – a brother( he’s 6 years older than me so I can’t exactly say he’s the father I never had.)

“ … it hurts.” I said in between my sobs.

“ Where??? Where does it hurt???” He asked. I hit the part of my chest where my heart is lightly with my fist.

“ Here.” I said.

“ You should get some rest.” He said and pulled the blanket to my neck. Before he could walk away, I grabbed his hand.

“ Can I call you oppa? I’m going to be seeing you often.” I said. It was so embarrassing! I was desperate at the time so I didn’t really think about sounding stupid.

“… Sure.” He gave me a smile and ruffled my hair.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chappie 1 is out!
Sorry I took so long! I have writer's block(that's why the chapter's super short >.<)
This chapter is so cheesy!!!*cringe*

It's okay if I read it in a manga but I can't help but cringe!
Do you guys like cheesy or non-cheesy stuff?

Not THAT kind of cheesy but cheesy as in corny.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Please subscribe, comment and upvote(if you want)!