1/1

Where are you…?

Tears slid down his cheeks as he looked at the calendar, touching the necklace hanging from his slender neck, the dully gleaming stone encased in silver strands. “T-Three months... Three months you've been gone, Jimin... Where are you...?”

Jeon Jungkook tore his gaze away from the calendar, giving into his tears as he wove his hands into his hair. Three months ago Park Jimin had left his side, promising to return within a couple days, saying he had some work he had to do. He kissed him, smiling that eye-hiding smile Jungkook had come to love so quickly, then turned and walked into the woods.

That was the last he had seen him.

Sobs tore from Jungkook's chest for the umpteenth time, a harsh sound that caused his neighbor to knock on his door worriedly. “I-I'm fine..” Jungkook called with a quaking voice, hearing his neighbors feet walk away, his eyes gazing dully around the room that until recently he had shared with his love.

Since Jimin had been missing, Jungkook had completely ignored his vampiric urges; he had stopped feeding... entirely. His donors had wondered what had happened, and he even ignored the blood bank's calls about his weekly allotment being available. Weight had dropped off him like water, leaving the already slender vampire almost emaciated and weak. His power over nature had waned and barely become noticeable; he could barely even cause a flower to bloom.

“I h-have to go look... I have to see... one last time...” He muttered brokenly, standing up and shrugging on a jacket onto his too-thin shoulders, his eyes vaguely blinking in surprise at how the jacket hung off of his form. He paused for a minute, digging his fingers into the sleeves, biting his lips as he remembered how Jimin had looked wearing this very jacket, imagining the scent that had once decorated the thin leather.

With dull eyes and shuffling gait, Jungkook left the room, not bothering to lock the door behind him as he walked down the hallway. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he allowed memories to take over his thoughts as he made his way through the dimly lit corridor.

'Kookie...'

Immediately Jungkook's head snapped up, looking wildly around as the nickname Jimin favored slid through the air. “J-Jimin...?” He whimpered, suddenly aware of the burning sensation of the stone against his chest. Glancing down, he saw the stone gleaming brilliantly but erratically and when he gripped it in his palm he was engulfed with emotions.

He was close.

With a ragged cry, Jungkook bolted down the hallway, tearing open the door almost violently. His eyes looked around frantically, holding the stone tightly in his palm. “Jimin!!! Jimin where are you!!?” He screamed, looking around in desperation for any sign, anything that could point him in the right direction.

'Kookie...'

“I hear you! Where are you?!?!” He screamed again, tears sliding down his cheeks as he tried to catch the direction of the sound. As he turned north, he felt the stone still captured in his palm burn almost unbearably, and he kicked off the ground, racing toward the trees with everything he got.

“NATURE! OBEY ME!” Jungkook cried, flinging his hands out in front of him, willing the trees and bushes in front of him to leap out of his way. And obey they did; the ground leveled, trees and plant life moved out of his path, even rocks rolled away. Not noticing this in the slightest, he ran in the direction the stone had lead him, tears flooding his eyes.

As he reached the edge of the forest, Jungkook actually glowed with the energy he was commanding, his entire body shimmering golden, causing the hair on his head to float by an unseen breeze. “Jimin?!?!” He cried, looking around wildly.

He sensed him before he actually heard him, the stone now burning against his flesh as he turned, causing blood to trickle down his chest. Spinning on his heel he ran to the crumpled boy, falling to his knees beside him and sobbing frantically. “J-Jimin...” He whimpered, his hands fluttering over the taller's form, which was battered, bruised and bloody.

Pale scars covered his form, clearly from his trying to heal himself. At first the elder didn't move, but slowly his head turned toward Jungkook, his eyes remaining closed but his mouth twisting up into a smile. “You... came...” He rasped, his voice broken from disuse.

“Of course I did... you idiot...” Jungkook sobbed, pressing his forehead lightly into his chest, gripping the tattered remains of his shirt in his fingers. “I'll always come when you call...”

Wordlessly Jimin's arm encircled the younger's chest, pulling him to him, despite it clearly causing him pain. Flinching in pain, Jimin tilted Jungkook's face up to his, opening bloodshot eyes to look at him. “You... you haven't been feeding..”

“I c-couldn't...” Jungkook sobbed, tears freely falling down his cheeks at the sight of his beloved laying broken beneath him. “I couldn't... bring myself to...”

Jimin chuckled faintly, wincing and inhaling sharply at the movement. “Well that makes my next question... incredibly selfish, Kookie.” He whispered, his voice gravelly and deep. “I... I need your help...”

Leaning back, Jungkook lifted his own wrist to his lips and tore open the thin skin with his fang, watching as blood bubbled to the surface. “Lover's blood heals all.” He murmured, filling his mouth with his own blood then, while cradling Jimin's head in his hand, leaning down and pressed his mouth to his love's, forcing his mouth open and filling it with his warm blood.

Jimin moaned, eagerly swallowing and Jungkook's lips for more. With a soft chuckle Jungkook leaned back, and pressed his now freely bleeding wrist to his mouth, grunting as Jimin's fangs embedded into his flesh.

Tears slid down his cheeks again, this time in joy, despite the weakness he felt flooding his already weakened form. Jimin was back... When Jimin's mouth released from his wrist and the wound shut, Jungkook practically fell onto the ground beside his lover, feeling his arms encircle his waist tenderly.

“I took too much.” Jimin whimpered, looking at Jungkook worriedly.

“I'd give everything to you, Jimin.. Why don't you get that?” Jungkook whispered quietly, closing his eyes weakly as he leaned into Jimin's stronger form. “God I'm just glad you're back...”

            “I'm never leaving again, Kookie... ever.” He whispered in reply, brushing his lips against the younger's forehead, tightening his grip around him. “Sleep now... we'll be safe.”

            Nodding slowly, Jungkook rested his head against his chest, hearing the steady pound of Jimin's heartbeat and for the first time in those three months, fell into a dreamless sleep. It didn't matter that Jimin hadn't told him where he was, or why he was so wounded. It didn't matter that Jungkook was beyond weak for allowing him to feed from him; all that mattered was Jimin was back...

 

             He was back. He was home. He was alive.

 

                                                                                        And that's all Jungkook cared about.