My Heartbreak Boy

My Heartbreak Boy

It was a late afternoon and JJ Project were all on their own on the Dream High 2 (which was partly at JYP Entertainment) set, practicing their dance battle scene. G-Dragon's Heartbreaker was blasting through the speakers and the two boys were dancing together, looking intensely in each other’s eyes.

 

Jinyoung dropped to the ground, on his and the scene ended. He grinned.

 

 

'Good job hyung!'

 

 

Jae Bum smiled and stretched his hand out to his dongsaeng. The younger gladly took it and stood up.

 

The skin-on-skin contact made Jae Bum feel all tingly. His hand felt like he burned it. In a good way.

 

Jinyoung let go of his hyung's hand.  He turned around and grabbed his water bottle. He attached his lips to it and gulped down the cold liquid eagerly.

 

Jae Bum looked at the younger, full of delight. He looked closely at the rapid movements of Jinyoung's Adam's apple and enjoyed every second of it. It didn't take him long to finish the bottle of water.

 

A single droplet made its way down Jinyoung’s chin and Jae Bum swallowed. He stuck out his hand and gently wiped it away with his thumb. Jinyoung smiled.

 

 

‘Thanks hyung!’

 

 

Jae bum looked away, hiding the small tinge of pink that had formed on his cheeks.

 

 

‘No problem.’

 

 

Jae Bum had harbored a crush on the younger for years.  The way his body moved while dancing, the little sweat drops that would form on his beautiful forehead, his cute voice, he loved it all. Ever since the moment Jinyoung first walked into the training room, he had taken interest in this boy. Gathering all the courage he had, he had stepped towards the Jinhae-gu boy and talked to him. Starting from there, the two became the best of friends. Yet, it had taken the elder until their debut to realize his fondness wasn’t just friendship or like.

 

It was love.

 

Sweet, pure, love.

 

 

It had shocked Jae Bum. A guy loving another guy? Wasn’t that wrong? But over time, he learned to accept and embrace. Love is love right? To him, it doesn’t matter anymore. Loving the same gender isn’t wrong at all. Love is a wonderful thing, no matter gender.

 

At the same time, Jae Bum didn’t see himself as gay. He rather called himself Jinyoung-ual, as he never had feelings for anyone before and after he met the younger. To him, Jinyoung could be a girl and he would still love him.

 

GENDER. DOESN’T. MATTER.

 

Jae Bum had a hard time controlling himself around Jinyoung. Oh, how he wanted to just grab and kiss him already…

 

Jae Bum shook his head at the thought. He must hold himself in.

 

But… recently that has been hard. Why, you ask?

 

 

The door smashed open and Hyorin, Ailee and Jiyeon came in. They greeted Jae Bum before proceeding to Jinyoung.

 

 

‘Jinyoung-ah,’ Jiyeon said. ‘I see you’re working hard! Want to grab a drink with me?’

 

‘Ani, he looks hungry,’ Hyorin said. ‘Jinyoung-ah, let’s go get something to eat.’

 

‘Just sitting down and have a chat with me would be nice too,’ Ailee remarked.

 

 

The three of them grabbed his arm  and pulled Jinyoung close to them.

 

 

This. This is why.

 

 

Ever since the start of filming their drama, all the female actresses had been all over Jinyoung. Especially the leading ladies couldn’t keep their hands off his dongsaeng. It made him furious, but he couldn’t blame them. Jinyoung was irresistibly cute after all. Even Kang Sora, whose character was in love with him in the drama, seemed to favorite Jinyoung. It made Jae Bum mad, green with envy and jealousy.

 

The tight knot in his stomach just kept growing every time Jinyoung agreed to spend time with them. And that was often.

 

He just wanted to grab the boy and devour his lips right before their eyes. Show them that Park Jinyoung was his and that they should back off.

 

He stepped forwards and grabbed Jinyoung’s wrist. The smell of his dongsaeng’s sweat invaded his nostrils, making his testosterone rise. Jae Bum was fighting his inner hormone war.

He cursed at himself when he noticed his breathing had become ragged.

 

 

‘Uh…’ Jinyoung said, staring at Jae Bum for a second. ‘Noonas, I’m sorry but I’m staying with Jae Bum hyung this time. We need more time to rehearse. ‘

 

‘Aww…’ Hyorin said. ‘That’s too bad…’

‘But we understand,’ Jiyeon said, winking.

 

‘I can’t wait to see the result,’ Ailee said, smiling.

 

‘Fighting!’ the three of them said before leaving the room.

 

 

Jinyoung turned to his hyung.

 

 

‘What was that about?’ he asked. ‘Grabbing me all of sudden?’

 

 

Jae Bum abruptly let go of Jinyoung.

 

 

‘Nothing,’ he said sternly. ‘Let’s just continue rehearsing.’

 

‘All right…’

 

 

Jae Bum the music again and they started dancing. But something was different. The way Jae Bum was staring at Jinyoung was much more intense this time and it made the latter feel uncomfortable. Jinyoung wanted to look away, to flee, but it felt like his hyung’s gaze was trapping him in an invisible prison. His eyes were much darker than usual. It was like they were trying to pierce right through his soul.

 

Jinyoung fell on his bum, ending the scene. He had never been so happy, so glad that he could stop dancing. He patiently waited for Jae Bum’s hand to come and help him up.

 

It didn’t come.

 

Instead, his hyung dropped on his knees and crawled towards him. Jinyoung’s eyes widened and he crawled backwards, trying to get away. He cursed mentally when his back hit the mirror behind him.

 

Suddenly, it was like his world was in slow motion. He saw Jae Bum, slowly getting closer until their noses touched. His hyung’s hands grabbed his collar.

 

 

‘H-hyung…’ Jinyoung managed to get out. ‘W-what are you doing?’

 

‘Maybe I should ask you that.’

 

 

Jae Bum’s voice was low, like a growl. It fitted the situation, in which Park Jinyoung was a prey, caught by Im Jae Bum the predator.

 

 

‘I-I didn’t do anything…’

 

 

His hyung scoffed.

 

‘Don’t lie to me. You made me like this. Because of you, I have turned from a human into some kind of animal! Why? Why did you do that to me?’

 

‘H-hyung... I have no idea what you’re talking about…’

 

‘Don’t play innocent!’

 

 

Jae Bum’s grip on Jinyoung’s shirt tightened. He pulled the younger closer to him (if that was even possible).

 

 

‘And I’m not even talking about all your flirting with the noonas. Did you think I wouldn’t notice that? I’m not stupid. I have eyes, ears and a brain too Jinyoung.’

 

 

Jinyoung stayed quiet, hoping that the other boy would let go of him. The room was filled with their ragged breaths for a good five minutes, before Jae Bum eventually let go. Jinyoung let himself fall against the mirror, closing his eyes. Jae Bum grabbed his head and groaned, as if he were in pain.

 

Jinyoung’s eyes shot open. Once he spotted Jae Bum, laying on the floor with his head in his hands, worry struck him. He was a bit uncertain but nonetheless crawled towards him. Carefully, he put his hand on Jae Bum’s head.

 

 

‘Are you okay?’

 

 

Jae Bum scoffed again.

 

 

‘Do I look okay to you? Why do you keep breaking my heart?’

 

 

Jinyoung’s hand Jae Bum’s hair lovingly.

 

 

‘Look hyung, I don’t know what I did but I’m sorry. Can you please forgive me?’

 

 

Jae Bum sat up. He flashed the younger a smile. His hand reached out and Jinyoung’s cheek.

 

 

‘I can never stay mad at you for a long time.’

 

 

Jinyoung was a little shocked at the contact. Never had his hyung touched his cheek before. Why did he do it now?

 

The elder stopped . His other hand joined and cupped Jinyoung’s face. He breathed in and out.

 

It was now or never

 

 

‘Jinyoung-ah,’ he said. ‘I’m sorry.’

 

 

He closed the gap between them and kissed the younger full on the lips. Jinyoung’s  eyes widened. He just sat there, shocked, while his hyung’s lips moved against his own.

 

He had always thought it was stupid that girls in dramas just stand there and do nothing when a boy kisses them. But now he understood why. You don’t really expect something like this to happen to you. You are shocked and don’t know what to do. And that’s why you just stand there, like a statue.

 

Jae Bum pulled away, cheeks flushed.

 

 

‘I love you, Park Jinyoung. I don’t care what people may say about it. I fell for you because you are you and I don’t give a damn we are the same gender. You don’t have to return my feelings, but please stay with me as a friend. I don’t want to live without you.’

 

Jinyoung stared at him for a long time.

 

 

SLAP!

 

 

‘OUCH!’

 

 

Jae Bum grabbed his cheek and hissed in pain.

 

 

‘A no would have worked too!’

 

 

Jinyoung stared daggers at him.

 

 

‘Really?’ he said. ‘Did it take you that long to confess? You are so stupid!’

 

‘Huh?’

 

‘Aish… I even asked the noonas to flirt with me to get you jealous and what do I get? A sore from falling down twenty times, a terrified feeling that you were going to eat me or something and a cheesy confession! Really, Im Jae Bum?’

 

‘I’m confused…’ Jae Bum said. ‘Hey, wait! You said you had no idea what I was talking about!’

 

 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes.

 

 

‘People lie sometimes.’

 

 

Now it was Jae Bum’s turn to stare daggers.

 

 

‘Now, what does this mean?’

 

‘What this means?’ Jinyoung asked.

 

 

He tackled his hyung in a hug.

 

 

‘It means that I love you too, !’

 

 

And Jinyoung kissed him.

 

 

When they got out of the practise room an hour later, they were greeted Jiyeon, Ailee, Hyorin and Sora. They were cheering.

 

 

‘Finally!’ Sora cheered. ‘BNior is real!’

 

‘BNior?’ Jae Bum asked confused.

 

 

Jinyoung interwined their hands.

 

 

‘They made us a couple name. Do you like it?’

 

 

Jae Bum chuckled.

 

 

‘Like it? I love it! Almost as much as I love you!’

 

 

Jinyoung gave his now-boyfriend a playful push.

 

 

‘Such a cheeseball.’

 

‘Awww…’ the girls squealed.

 

‘Just so you know,’ Jae Bum said. ‘I don’t want you girls following us and fangirling about everything we do all the time.’

 

‘All right…’

 

‘We have our fans for that,’ Jinyoung smiled.

 

‘About fans,’ Jae Bum said. ‘Want to have a fanfiction night tonight?’

 

 

Jinyoung leaned his head on his boyfriend’s shoulders. 

 

‘Sure, but can we avoid the rated M ones? Our relationship is in an too early stage for that.’

 

‘Whatever you want, princess.’

 

‘I love you my prince.’

 

‘Who’s being cheesy now?’

 

‘You started it!’

 

 

The girls just giggled at their little ‘fight’.

 

 

 

That evening was a wonderful experience for the new couple. After laughing their asses off at some fanfics and fanboying at others, they cuddled up to each other and had a little conversation.

 

 

‘Jae Bum-hyung?’ Jinyoung asked.

 

‘Mmm?’

 

‘I’m scared.’

 

‘About what?’

 

‘That one day, we will break up.’

 

 

Jae Bum opened his eyes and hugged Jinyoung closer to his body.

 

 

‘Yeobo, don’t think about that now. By fearing the bad things that might happen in the future, we won’t be able to enjoy the good things that are happening now.’

 

‘You’re right. But aren’t you afraid?’

 

‘Of course I am. But I want to promise you one thing.’

 

‘What?’

 

‘That, even if we will break up one day, my heart will keep this relationship as a wonderful memory.’

 

 

Jinyoung smiled in Jae Bum’s chest.

 

 

‘Mine will too.’

 

‘I’m planning to love you for a long time.

 

‘How long?’

 

‘As long as time allows me.’

 

 

Jinyoung felt reassured by his hyung’s words. He closed his eyes, wished Jae Bum sweet dreams and fell asleep.

 

 

 

Two years passed and Jae Bum and Jinyoung debuted in a boyband called GOT7, together with Mark, Jackson, Youngjae, BamBam and Yugyeom. The group was JYP’s first boyband in six years and therefore highly anticipated. The group was quick to get a large amount of fans, especially outside of Korea. The same year, they made two comebacks and their Japanese debut. They won several rookie awards.

 

Jae Bum and Jinyoung were still a happy couple. They had told their members about it. Luckily, they congratulated them  and supported the young couple all the way. Life was great.

 

One day, they were busted by JYP while they were making out. They had never been so scared in their life. What if they would get fired?

 

JYP had walked towards them.

 

 

‘This is bad,’ he had told them.

 

 

BNior was waiting for the bomb to drop.

 

 

‘This is so bad,’ JYP repeated. ‘Did you guys really think I am that dense?’

 

 

The couple had been confused. JYP had walked towards them and patted their shoulders in a fatherly way.

 

 

‘I knew it from the start boys. Congratulations. I hope you will live a long and happy life together!’

 

 

Then, he had walked away, leaving BNior flabbergasted.

 

Four more years had passed. JYP Nation was in the middle of a European tour.

 

 

They had just finished concerts in Stockholm, Berlin, Amsterdam, London and so on. Paris was their last location.

 

Jinyoung was nervous, like always before a concert. But Jae Bum, like always, was there to hold his hand and whisper sweet words to him.

 

It had been six years since they became a couple. There have been good times and hardships, but they got through them together. Jae Bum still loved him. Not even once had his feelings faded or gotten less in those years. It only became stronger.

 

Jinyoung smiled at Jae Bum. As long as he was with him, he felt like the happiest person in the world.

 

 

Nickhun ran towards them.

 

 

‘Guys! The concert is going to start soon!’

 

 

The couple got up and walked towards the other GOT7 members.

 

 

They could hear the fans start their countdown.

 

 

’10, 9, 8, 7, 6!’

 

 

‘Ready?’ Jae Bum shouted.

 

‘Ready!’ they shouted back.

 

 

‘5!’

 

 

Jae Bum kissed Jinyoung’s forehead.

 

 

‘Let’s do this together, okay?’

 

‘4!’

 

 

Jinyoung nodded. ‘Do you want to hold my hand when we run onto the stage?’

 

‘I would think of myself as a bad boyfriend if I wouldn’t,’ Jae Bum replied while smiling.

 

 

Jinyoung chuckled a bit.

 

 

‘3!’

 

 

The couple tightened their hold on each other.

 

 

‘2!’

 

 

GOT7 quickly wished each other good luck.

 

 

‘1!’

 

 

They took one last breath and ran onto the stage.

 

 

‘Come and get it! GOT7 imnida!’

 

 

 

 

Three more years passed by. Most GOT7 members were in their late twenties.

 

A new boyband had debuted and jokingly called them old on their reality show, much like they had done with 2PM back when GOT7 debuted. Looks like karma does come back in your face. Nonetheless, the new boyband respected their seniors very much and saw them as role models.

 

GOT7 was celebrating their anniversary. After 2PM disbanded, they became the main money makers for JYP Entertainment. Times had changed, so had the members. South-Korea had become more and more acceptable of same-gender relationships. The LGBT rights became better and same marriage had been legalised. BNior made their relationship public. Most people cheered them on and they didn’t give a damn about the haters.

 

There were also some things that had stayed the same:

 

GOT7’s love for their fans. Their hard work and dedication. And Jae Bum and Jinyoung’s feelings.

 

Jinyoung couldn’t be happier. After almost ten years of being in a relationship, Jae Bum still loved him. He fulfilled his promise. They had seen each other at their worst. There had been various times they had almost broken up. But they didn’t and here they are.

 

Holding hands and dancing in the very same practise room they had shared their first kiss in.The couple smiled at the nostalgia.

 

The party had almost ended when Jae Bum abruptly let go of Jinyoung.

 

 

‘There is something I want to say,’ he announced.

 

 

The whole room had gone silent.

 

 

Jae Bum walked towards Jinyoung again. He took his hand.

 

 

‘Dear Jinyoung. You remember this room, do you? This is the room where we shared our first kiss. The room where I took our little dance battle scene a little bit too serious. The room where you slapped my cheek so hard, that I can still feel it now that I’m talking about it. The room where JYP busted us during a make-out session. The room where we became a couple. A special room. And now, I want to make this room even more special.’

 

 

Jinyoung was silent. Was Jae Bum going to do what he was hoping he would do?’

 

 

‘Nine, almost ten years have passed since that life-changing moment. We have seen each other at our best and at our worst. Now, I have one thing to ask you.’

 

 

Jinyoung was about to jump up and down. He was going to do it!

 

 

‘For one more time,  have a dance battle with me.’

 

 

Jinyoung mentally kicked his boyfriend in the knee.

 

 

That idiot!!!

 

 

Nonetheless, he smiled. ‘Of course, hyung.’

 

 

Jae Bum hit the play button on the radio. G-Dragon’s Heartbreaker started blasting through the speakers. Just like when they got together.

 

It might have been a long time since they last performed this dance, but they still could pull it off without looking forced. Their movements were still smooth and their stares were just as intense as back then. The end neared and Jinyoung dropped on the floor.

 

Jae Bum dropped on his knees. He grabbed his boyfriend’s collar and crashed their lips together in a hungry kiss. He pulled away much too soon for Jinyoung’s liking. His hand traveled into the pocket of his jacket. He pulled out a little black box. He opened it, revealing a ring.

 

 

‘Sweet, sweet Jinyoung. My lovely princess. Will you marry me?’

 

 

Jinyoung mentally squealed at the proposal. He stretched out his hand.

 

 

SLAP!

 

 

‘You idiot! You really like to make a whole scene out of it, do you?’

 

 

Jae Bum grinned. ‘I’ll take that as a yes.’

 

 

Jinyoung tackled his now-fiancee and kissed him full on the lips, just like he had done nine years ago.

 

 

‘I do,’ he cried out. ‘I freaking love you, cheesy !’

 

 

GOT7 started cheering.

 

 

Jae Bum wrapped his arms around Jinyoung.

 

 

‘I love you too. My heartbreak boy.’

 

 

 

 

A/N: So, the story is finished! I hope you enjoyed it! Thank you so much for reading, subscribing and commenting, whatever you did! I love you guys! ^-^