Everybody Loves Changhyun

Everybody Loves Changhyun (hiatus)

 

Everybody loves Changhyun. How not to? The boy, even though he tries to act manlier, he would always end up acting cute. His nickname surely fits him well, Ricky. A name for a baby faced teenager.

 

His giggles and smiles could be confused with the ones of a preschooler. He loves chocolate, pets, video games and his favorite color is blue. He is gentle, kind and generous. His closest friends already know that since they are like family to each other. And even the youngest himself feels like Changhyun is the baby, he even wishes for him to act cute as long as possible. Changhyun is their energy, their loyal little brother and their sunshine. He’s always there to cheer s up when they’re down, sometimes by being loud and funny, sometimes by being quiet and supportive. Yoo Changhyun is precious, he is.

 

Even their leader is still surprised today by how Changhyun always tries to be courageous and sacrifice himself for the others. Even though he’s cute, strangely he is also the manlier. He fights his fears because he wants to grow up, he raises up his hand first so the others won’t have to suffer; maybe because he wants to be a man or maybe because he’s always searching for his hyung’s love(or perhaps a little bit of both).

 

When Changhyun has free time he reads. The others make fun of him because he suddenly looks very serious behind his thick frames and the pages of his book but Changhyun’s brain is working at 110% and he needs to learn more about everything. When he is alone, he can spend many minutes thinking by himself, looking out a window and wondering about people, about life and love, about the world and its contradictions but also its beauty. His thick eyebrows frowning as he is deep into his thoughts, even his mother starts seeing him as a young man.

 

Changhyun has a heart full of love to give and looks for people to give it to, but he is also desperate to receive a lot in return. Since he was in elementary school he received praises and affection from adults and classmates around him as he started to act on tv, he’s always heard he was cute. Cute Changhyun, Baby Ricky, so cute and so kind, and he wanted more. He became a singer and his fans’ love is sometimes overwhelming, but Changhyun would never get enough.

 

Love makes him happy. He wants to love and be loved, he cares and wish that one day someone will care about him as much. Someone probably already is...someone that he knows for years and it’s like he misses it because it’s too close. One day, Changhyun will grow up even more, he will see life and things differently or more thoroughly, and maybe he will see what’s hidden before him. The only thing this person wishes though, is not to be discovered, but for Changhyun to never realize how the world truly is; mean, unfair and ugly. They wish that he never loses his childish way to see things and live things...Because this is who he is, despite all his might to be an adult and all his will to become a grown up, Changhyun is and always will be, the cute little Ricky.