About Time

Wall Clock

The world kept spinning. It didn't stop for anyone. And time didn't seem to slow down, either. The clock on the wall only created suffocating sounds. Oh the mockery. 

Tick tock tick tock

** 

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months and eventually, months would turn into years. 

It had been, what? 2, 3 months? But to Jessica, it felt like an eternity. Was it really wrong to chase her dreams? And why didn't they believe in her? Didn't she already have proven herself? She needed answers. But there was nobody there. Even if she screamed her lungs out nobody would hear her. And at this point in time, answers wouldn't matter, would they? It wouldn't change anything anymore. 

And speaking of chasing dreams, one of the group's shared desires is about to happen. To be able to perform in the prestigious Tokyo Dome was something not all idols could do. Girls' Generation had really gotten so far and that most awaited concert was just one of the many markers of their success. The 8 members has been working hard for their performances. They waited for this moment and no matter what had happened, the show must go on. 

**

This was what she wanted. 

**

This was what they wanted. 

**

She was attending different events that would help her with her new career. Fans noticed the changes; when did they not? And some criticized her; of course they did. But to her, she did not care. It was a new beginning. She was scared no, she was frightened but she felt free. It felt as if it was the first time she finally let her breath out without even realizing that she was holding it in for so long. She felt like flying. Without the plans of returning. 

**

They had different schedules. Some had promotions while others had photo shoots.  They were still in demand in the industry. All of them; all eight of them. Eight. The number never felt so foreign before. But it did not take so long for them to get used to the feeling. They couldn't do anything about it but to accept it anyway. They felt stronger. They felt like doing their best all the more. Nothing could destroy what they had built for so long. But that did not mean they weren't hurt. 

**

But this could have been what they all wanted

Nine people standing together in the stage, holding hands, admiring the breathtaking view of the ocean filled with pink lights. 

**

Was the time when they used to be together really gone? Could she still do something to bring back time? Could they do something to extend time?

Time. 

The world kept on spinning; but they weren't getting dizzy, tired maybe but never dizzy. And all they hear was the faint sound..

Tick tock tick tock.