Chapter 1

Friends close, enemies closer.

Hanbin, Jiwon and Jinhwan had been best friends for years. The three were never apart, unless they had to. They showered together, played together, slept together and achieved their dream together ㅡ to debut. The three had been working hard to be a successful idol, to perform on stage and to shine like their seniors did. And their hard work did pay off, eventually. As they celebrated the other members' success in having a place in the group and bid their definitely-not-last farewell to the two amazing vocals, Jinhyeong and Hongseok, there was something that was bothering both Hanbin and Jinhwan. It was their girlfriends ㅡ Lee Hi, a solo singer in YG and Soohyun, a member of Akdong Musician.

 

 

 

 

The four of them had been dating for months and it was a secret between them, and their members only. They knew how hard it would be on the both ladies if they were to publicize it, considering the fact that the both ladies are on the rise with their music. Also, to have un-officially debuted trainees dating their senior is another thing. As charismatic as they both are on stage, we all know how scared they can be when it comes to the public ㅡ every idol's worst nightmare.

 

 

 

 

It all happened after the news of their whole group debuting. After the news of the final member, Donghyuk, being placed on the YG-life online website, all the confirmed members received messages from their seniors, their inspiration Big Bang, supporting seniors 2NE1, artists they look up to Epik High, and even their President Yang, had left them a message each, congratulating them. But there were people missing. It didn't really mattered to the rest, but both Hanbin and Jinhwan got worried, and was wondering why their girlfriends didn't congratulate them. 

 

 

 

 

"I'm on a lucky strike! 2 girls at once, oh yeah!" Jiwon shouted, his loud voice made the atmosphere even brighter. Jinhwan tried to peek at Jiwon's phone but to no avail, Jiwon had already locked his phone in order for Jinhwan not to see it. 

 

 

 

 

"Ey, let me see, you player!" Jinhwan argued, trying to steal the phone away, only to end up falling on Jiwon's shoes. They both laughed awkwardly as Jinhwan moved over to Hanbin. 

 

 

 

 

"Bro, don't be so sad. My girl didn't message me, they are probably busy. Let's have a glass." Jinhwan said, cheering his friend up. There was nothing he could do. He had to get the other to cheer up, but he himself was sad. The both tried to drink everything off, and slept late as they waited and waited, waiting for nothing. The next morning, they were back at the training centre, where they stumbled upon Akdong Musician and Lee Hi. Jinhwan and Hanbin was pulled seperately by them, making sure none of them gets caught by any staff members.

 

 

 

 

"Congratulations, oppa. You finally made it!" Soohyun congratulated, ignoring her on-stage partner as she settled down and talked to Jinhwan at the corner of the room. 

 

 

"You didn't message me yesterday night.." Jinhwan said, and he was angry. He knew he couldn't be angry towards her he knew he had to control. 

 

 

"I'm sorry! I was sleeping." Soohyun answered in a sincere voice. 

 

 

"Enough. You were online the whole time! Who were you talking to?" Jinhwan couldn't manage his anger. It all just released at that point and he wasn't even aware on how firm his voice was. Soohyun remained silent as she put on her annoyed face, quietly leaving the room. The atmosphere at that corner was really gloomy. And also at the other corner.

 

 

 

 

"You can't expect me to message you all the time! I was busy with work." Hi said, her eyebrows furrowed. 

 

 

"Yeah, fill me with all the excuses you've got. I saw your name in Bobby's recent messages." Hanbin replied, shooting her a cold stare. 

 

 

"We were talking about work! What's with you?" Hi blasted out, chasing after Soohyun. Hanbin turned to look at Jinhwan and the both headed out to the next room where the boys were.

 

 

"Someone- Ah no, some people had a big fight!" Jiwon said, making the rest laugh. He didn't know what to do in that situation that he had to get some jokes and some laughter.

 

 

"Shut it, Kim Jiwon. Let's practice guys!" Hanbin said, he stared at Jiwon playfully before the boys got to practice. And it took them only minutes before they were drenched in sweat. After a few hours, a staff came in and brought Bobby to meet President Yang. The other 6 were clueless as to what was happening and they decided to take a break, Jinhwan and Hanbin walking round and round around the training centre to release their stress.

 

 

 

 

"They act so different. Ever since they became closer with the rest of them." Hanbin said, wiping his sweat away with his shirt. 

 

 

"Girls will be girls. They meet a hot guy, they date, they go on to meet the guy's friends, and so on." Jinhwan said, gulping down on water. The two understood each other really well and they knew each other's feelings. All they needed was a short break, a short vacation with their girlfriends and have some patch up time, looking at how dangerous the situation is right then. 

 

 

 

 

The two went back to the practice room where they practiced until night, and heading back to the dorm. The car was plain silent without the mood maker and back in the dorm as well. Bobby didn't came in until 2am, and he sat at the living room together with Jinhwan and Hanbin.

 

 

HANBIN : "Why did President Yang wanted to see you?" 

 

BOBBY : "Well.. let's just say I got casted." 

 

JINHWAN : "Casted?"

 

BOBBY : "Who is Next?"

 

HANBIN : "Don't tell me.."

 

JINHWAN : "SOLO?"

 

BOBBY : "No, with two girls. I'm just a featuring."

 

 

 

 

The two un-single boys were shocked to hear that Bobby was a part of a performance already that they didn't even asked who the two girls was. And if they actually did, they'll be more than shocked than how shocked they are then. The boys went to bed as the days begin to pass by. Soohyun and Hi remained silent throughout, not contacting their boyfriends, and it was the same situation for the boys. They couldn't be bothered as they thought that they would feel secure for having them as their girlfriends but their thoughts proved them wrong. 

 

 

 

 

It was a silent moment throughout until the both of them received a message, one one Wednesday and the other a little later on Friday. 

 

 

HANBIN : "Just like that. I lost my Hi."

 

JINHWAN : "Just like that. I lost my Soohyun."

 

HANBIN : "I've learned something."

 

JINHWAN : "Same."

 

HANBIN : "No wonder they say, betrayal comes from your friends. Not from your enemy."

 

JINHWAN : "And all these while, I really was keeping my friends close, and my enemies closer."

 

HANBIN : "Who did Soohyun run away to?"

 

JINHWAN : "What about Hayi?"

 

HANBIN : "On 3."

 

The 3 seconds were counted by Hanbin before the two boys mentioned something, both mentioning the same thing.

 

"Kim Jiwon."