Chapter 4

The Meaning of Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Edited*

________

"Doeun-ah"

Second time.She turned around.

The owner of the voice-a golden skinned woman who looked a lot older than Doeun with a short curly black hair in a white long sleeves angelic dress which reached her ankles-was smiling sweetly at Doeun.Her expression was full of love.

"O-Omma?"Doeun's voice was filled with surprise.

"Yes,daughter"her mother answered back still standing at her place-her hair floating with the wind.

"But....but,you are dead"Doeun stepped forwards slowly so that now she could exactly checked out her mother."I was beside you at the day of your death.I'm sure-"she poured out words continuously but was stopped.

"Doeun-ah"she started the little girl who was just a step away from her,"I am dead.You are right.So stop being too excited"

Doeun's mouth opened and closed unable to respond.

"I know that you are facing a hard and stressful life without me"

Doeun stared at her precious mother longingly.

"But don't give up whatever is happening.The heavy rain will not be pouring forever.There is a beautiful rainbow waiting for you beyond it"

Tears started to form in Doeun's round orbs.

"The god and heaven know your good spirit as they are always beside you-supporting you.You will soon meet people who are kind to you,who will show love for you"she calmly said.

"But I just want to stay with Omma again,can't I?"tears started to roll down.

An angel-Doeun's mother-sighed seeing her poor daughter's sorrow.

"You can't of course.I am a dead person whereas you still have a long way to go.Doeun-ah,don't forget that when you get in trouble,there will be someone helping you because of your good mind.And don't mourn for me again.It hurts me"

Doeun quickly rubbed her cheeks with the palms before staring directly into the angel's eyes and mouthing "OK"

"So,Doeun-ah,live your life meaningfully.Even though there are people who hate you,don't hate them back.Those unkind people mostly need the kindness.My daughter is clever so I don't have to remind this right?"the mother asked.

Doeun just nod.

"I am leaving now.Please remember my words"the angel softly spoke as her back facing Doeun.She started to walk away elegantly in the middle of several swaying grasses.

"Omma,please don't go yet"Doeun found herself following her mother-blubbering out.But she just caught her mother's shade disappeared through frosty breeze,"Omma....Omma..Omma...I love you..Please don't leave me alone"

"Omma.."Doeun's head shook off -pressing down her soft pillow-with her eyes closed.Then,her eyes shot open.She was breathing heavily as she slowly sat up from the bed."I was dreaming"she calmed down and found out that she was sweating a lot.She swiped away the wetness on her cheeks."I have dreamt a lot about Omma but all of them were about the past days when we were living under a roof.But this is different.It seems so real"she murmured-letting her legs to hang down from the edge of the bed.

Doeun didn't hear any sound of people from outside when she carefully eavesdropped."I think they returned?"she thought because she knew that nobody would personally come-even Mrs.Park said she would call her when the guests went back- and call her to wash the dishes even they returned.The mess would be still like that till morning if she didn't clean them.The Park sisters and her mother said that they felt disgusted to go into the mistress's daughter room."Pfft,is that a big deal?They are still living with me"So,Doeun always set the mind of "Do-things-on-my-own.

"I must also have a glass of water"she got up towards the door.She slowly stepped out of the room as the door gave out a click sound.She saw that the whole house was still lightened as she tip topped towards the kitchen.

An expected scene.

Doeun's foot steps were blocked by chuckling sounds from the main door of the house."OMG"she thought stopping midway on the way to the kitchen.She slowly turned her head to see four people standing in front of it.Luckily,a wall was half covering her so they won't easily notice them.In fact,they were so absorbed in the farewell.Doeun bit her rosy lip as she slowly backed-decided to go back into her room.

There.

Doeun's eyes shut tightly when she heard something enamel breaking down onto the tiles loud enough for the people in the house to hear it clearly""she cursed under her breath understanding the situation.Her bumped directly into a modern flower pot which had been placed on a unsteady stand in front of her room."Dammit,I should not have backed"she stiffly stood next to the pieces of pot and fallen stand not knowing what to do.

The crushing sound caught Daehyun's attention as well as the others.Mrs.Park and the Park sisters' smiley faces were replaced with fear ones as they looked at each others.

"What is that sound?"Mrs.Park peeked through the living room and the other side of the room but all she saw was the wall."It seems like something has been dropped?"

Daehyun raised his eyebrows in curiosity after straightening up himself from tying his shoe's laces."Is there another person here?"

"Of course not....Umm..well..It is..it is...."Mrs.Park couldn't find the words.She didn't want to tell the truth of they were living together with a daughter of a mistress."A cat"Hyomin forcibly grinned."Ah..yeah,yesterday ,I brought a cute kitty which I found on the street.It looked helpless and stared so I have kept it with me.Since you are coming and I don't want it to annoy you so I have put it in my room.It crashed something in my room"Hyojin skillfully lied.Hyomin and Mrs.Park nod in unison-agreeing Hyojin's words.

"Lies are perfect"Doeun thought in awe hearing their words because she knew that Hyojin was not that gentle to animals.

"But the voice comes from a near place than inside your ro-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter