Chapter 2

The Meaning of Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a sunny morning as usual.The way back to her home holding plastic bags which contained market goods-vegetables,meat & other extra ingredients for cooking-was smooth as Doeun gently placed her foot one after another passing through several big and small houses.According to words of Mrs.Park,a few guests had been invited to her house today so Doeun went to the market to prepare meals for them.

Doeun hummed some of her favourite songs while thinking what types of food she was going to cook.Doeun was really good at cooking and it was one of her interested.She was softly swaying the bags in excitement of showing off her skills when some hot and cold mixture of breeze brushed through her along with the consecutive sounds of car horn.Her untied hair flew at the contact as she backed slightly in shock,turning around to see-with widened eyes-what just happened.

A shine black car which looked damn expensive was driven in a medium speed along the street-leaving the dumbfounded Doeun behind.She fixed her grip on the bags and the strands covering her face with the free fingers"How is the driver driving the car?I am just walking on the platform"she mumbled angrily before continued walking towards her house.

"What the hell?Is that girl deaf?"Daehyun cursed-holding tightly on the steer wheel and turned his head-taking a single glance at a small feature of clumsy girl who was cluelessly staring at his car with clueless eyes.

"Eyes on the road,Dae"Hanbyul ,who was sitting beside the driver's seat,slapped her brother's shoulder.Daehyun changed his concentration back to driving as he sighed."Here we come,Omma"Hanbyul started to wave her hand as soon as she saw Mrs.Jung standing in front of the entry of their home sweet home.

Daehyun's frowning face from earlier annoyance was replaced with the brighter one.His lips curved into a big smile when he saw his mother welcoming them.He followed Hanbyul's action and stopped the car engine.Hanbyul quickly jumped out of the house by the time Daehyun parked the car just in front of the house.She happily hugged Mrs.Jung,the old woman wearing a caramel long sleeves sweater which reached to her lap and a black long skirt.

"Omma,I have been missing you"Hanbyul murmured while wrapping her hands around her mother's waist-placing her head on a shoulder,taking in the lavender aura"Me too,of course"Mrs.Jung gently tapped Hanbyul's brown colored hair.

Daehyun walked beside them quickly after getting out of the car.When Hanbyul let go off her mother-getting some place for Daehyun."Come here,my boy"Mrs.Jung spread out her broad hands and Daehyun dove into her embrace like a little baby."Omma,it feels really nice to see you again"he mumbled against her shoulder before Mrs.Jung pushed him away to examine her son.

"Oh,you become more handsome than we met last time"she pat his left cheek and laughed.

"I know.I know.I am a handsome man,you know?"Daehyun made a like-a-boss sign.

"Hey there,mama boy,come help me with these things"Hanbyul shouted from the back of the car where she had been trying to take out the luggages and other stuffs-mostly food-that they had brought for Mrs.Jung."I got it.Let the heavy things aside I will carry them.I am going to let Omma into the house first"Daehyun replied back before he reached next to Mrs.Jung who was chuckling at her cheerful chindren."Omma,wait for us inside,Nae?"Daehyun gently placed his arm on her shoulder as they stepped inside the kampong.

"Fine then"Hanbyul heard the banging sound the steel door.She knitted her eyebrows before bending down to the trunk and dragged out her pink suitcase-putting it down on the smooth nor rough pitch-coated ground.She found out that Daehyun's one so heavy for her to carry.Hanbyul pursed her lips when she lifted the handle but shortly dropped it back.She gently rubbed her two soft palms each other,"What does that boy put in this big luggage?"she stared at Daehyun's medium sized black dotted on white luggage.

"Where is the basket of fruits I bought?"Hanbyul dove in again to find it."Oh,I have kept it at the backseat" formed a little "o" before running towards the backseat's door. After pulling the cold handle of the door,she saw her fruits basket being placed behind a driver seat.Hanbyul lifted it with doddering hands and closed the door of a car with her right foot.The item she was holding was not that massive but to her recklessness,her not-too-high-heels-wearing ankle became bandy and she fell down-throwing all the fruits across the road.

"Ouch"Hanbyul whispered in pain-massaging her hurt foot"Oh no,my babies"she stared stingily at the oranges and apples which were rolling on the road.She suddenly forced to get up-making sure nobody was around her-because her fruits could disturb the other people's transportation.She picked up the overturned basket before bending down to pick the nearest fruits.

"I will help you"Hanbyul looked up at the tiny figure hovering her.She nod in response to the request when Doeun bent down quickly and helped Hanbyul."Please put them into the basket over there"Hanyul pointed out to the basket,"Nae"Doeun politely replied as she walked towards the basket which was placed beside the car.She put down the fruits gently when she heard second sound of alert for a day-a bell ringing sound.

There,in the middle of the road,Hanbyul was completely unaware of the bike which was coming down the road with a high speed.The biker was bell-pushing for many times but Hanbyul didn't even look at up him as she was deeply concentrated in her fruits.Doeun dauntingly looked at Hanbyul and then back to the bike which was now coming towards the fruits-picking girl.

"Oh,no"was the only thing that Doeun thought as she ran across to the middle of the road like there was no tomorrow and pushed Hanbyul together with her own body to the other side of the road."That hurts"Doeun screamed in her head when her upper body met the ground.

"Hey,watch out,ladies.My bike's break system "the biker screamed back the two young women who were left on the platform."God,that was a close call"Doeun looked at him in anger before dusting off her impecunious shirt and pants  and sitting up-ignoring the sli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter