5 Seconds

5 seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hard pants could be heard as a small 6 year old child was running away. Firm steps could be heard but she tried to make them as quiet as she could, small tears unknowingly escaped her big hazelnut like eyes, chubby cheeks, and long black hair that was flowing in the wind as she ran. Unaware she ran into a forest. She ran for her life constantly looking back hoping they wouldn’t catch up to her. Until she noticed no one was behind her she quickly hid inside the nearest bush. Due to her small size she was able to get inside. 

She was so scared that she didn’t know the bush had thorns and that she was bleeding. Until she felt a liquid sensation on her arms and legs then she noticed herself bleeding. It was a strong stinging sensation that felt like a thousand bees poking her; she let out a small whimper worried that she might be heard. Until she heard the noises of the leaves crunching as they were stepped on. Then she noticed the figure of a man and about ten people behind him. 

It was so quiet only their breaths could be heard. The man broke the silence by ordering his men to search for the little girl.

 Almost as if he knew she was there, slowly the man could be seen getting closer and closer where the Juliette was hiding. He looked around but keeping his eyes on the bush where she was hiding. 

“Keep searching!” he said with an authoritative voice to his men. And they raced further in hopes of finding the little girl.

 Until he convinced himself she was not there he turned his head and started walking in the other direction. 

 

Just then he heard a small noise coming from a bush. He darted to it, and made an opening inside the bush finding a small girl crying and covered with blood. Without a second thought he took out his pistol and pointed it to the little girl.

“I guess I won this game of hide and go seek” he said with a smile plastered on his face. And put his finger on the trigger. 

 

BANG! 

 

 

 

“Wake up Rose!” an elderly woman repeatedly said in attempt to wake her up, “it’s just a nightmare wake up!”

She immediately opened her eyes and sat up straight. Wanting to cry and give up on life, she couldn’t worry the one person that cared about her. 

The elderly woman sat on her bed and pulled her into a hug, caressing he back. “It’s going to be okay, they won’t find you. You’re safe now” she spoke as quietly as she could so that they wouldn’t hear them. “Now let’s get up before the line for the trading shop gets too long

“Okay.” Rose responded, “I’ll be out in a minute.” she started to collect all the guns, bullets, and knifes and put them in a bag. People were paid to collect these things if found, and the more wanted these things were the more money they would pay for them. 

 

This was one of the few things they allowed them to. The only other jobs available to them were: being a maid, butler, cook, doctor, an architect, and a designer and builder for new inventions. But the jobs that seem like they would pay a lot like being a doctor, has a very miserable pay check or at times they are even paid. Why? They are practically forced into doing these jobs by them. 

But who are they?

 They are the ones who rule over the people. Kings? No, more like dictators. A lot of dictators, but they are basically gangs.

 Gangs have been a problem for this world for hundreds and hundreds of years. No one in their right minds could have ever predicted it would actuall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter