Chapter 2

Mama

Normal is Yixing

Italicize is Ziyin

 


 

  Everyone sat in the living room silently nibbling the pizza Junmyeon brought us. We all just stared at the girl. We've been like this for a good while now.

  Jongdae releases a deep sigh, “I say we tie her up just in case she freaks out again.”

  “I agree. She may assault us.” Tao added hiding behind Sehun.

  “She's just scared. There's no need to bind her.” I whined.

  “Xing. She stabbed you in the eye!” Yifan emphasized with his hands.

  “Once again, she was just scared.” I said closing my eyes.

  “Seriously though, is she going to stay here?” Sehun asked taking a drink of his Cola.

  “Pretty sure Xing will stab us if we try to get rid of her, so yes Sehunnie she is staying.” Luhan answered. He knows me so well.

  Then we heard a buzzing go off and Tao quickly got up to the video control panel. He saw Hyoyeon and Seohyun at the front gate. He pushed the intercom, “Yes?” he sang.

  “Hurry up it's freezing!” Hyoyeon whined.

  “Okay!” Tao push the control to open the gates. The girls ran up to the front door where Baekhyun waited for them.

  They entered shivering to the core. Jongin got up and hugged Hyoyeon, “Thanks for coming Noona!”

  “Yeah, yeah, where is she?” She said pushing him to the side. Jongin pouted and crossed his arms.

  “She's right here.” I said gesturing to her.

  “Oh my!” Seohyun gasped covering . She then hurriedly went to the girl's side, and began checking her, “Her body is burning up.”

  “Wow, Xing, you sure kidnapped a good one.” Hyoyeon nodded her head in approval along with a thumb up.

  “Let's move her to a room.” Seohyun suggested.

  “Oh! There's one next to Xing's room with it's own bathroom!” Kyungsoo shouted.

  “That sounds perfect. Who's going to carry her?” Hyoyeon asked.

  Everyone, except for me, instantly touched their nose with their right index finger, “Not it.” they all said in unison.

  I hung my head low in defeat, “I'll do it.” I said dragging my body to her. Once again I carefully lifted her, and even more carefully went up the stairs.

  “Try not to drop her.” Minseok advised.

  Hyoyeon opened the door for me as I carefully maneuvered inside the room, setting her on the bed.

  “Okay. Now everyone go away.” Seohyun said pushing me out and closing the door behind me.

 


 

  Faintly, the sound of two girls slightly woke me from my slumber. They seem to be arguing about something.

  “We should give her a bath before putting her in new clothes.” one said.

  “She's just going to sweat anyways, and besides are we just going to leave her in the tub unconscious? She'll drown.” the other argued.

  “But-”

  “Unless you want to hand wash her?”

  Oh, dear god, please don't. This is a great time to fully wake up. I forced myself to full consciousness. With all my might I fluttered my eyes open. There were two girls. One had long dark brown hair who looked half an inch taller than me. The other was much shorter with blonde hair.

  “I have a great idea! How bout we spray her off with the hose?” the blonde giggled.

  The brunette gave a horrified look, “That's an awful idea Hyoyeon!”

  Holy crap my head freaking hurts. I slowly raised my body up using every inch of energy I had in me. A soft cough escaped from my lips, and my throat tighten in pain. The girls jumped when they saw and heard me.

  “She's awake!” the brunette gasped.

  “Thanks Seohyun, I would have never guessed that,” the blonde said statistically, “How are you feeling?” she asked

  “Hyoyeon! Jongin said she speaks Mandarin!” The girl name Seohyun cleared and switch language, “Nihao, I'm Seohyun and this is Hyoyeon. How are you feeling?” she asked.

  That's funny. They think I don't understand Korean. I actually speak Mandarin, Cantonese, English, Japanese, German, French, and Korean, but I guess they don't have to know that.

  “Are we sure she speaks Mandarin?” Hyoyeon whispered to Seohyun in Korean.

  “Yes. They said she was threatening them in Mandarin.” Seohyun replied back softly.

  Hyoyeon began speaking Mandarin, “We brought you some brand new clothes. You can take a bath and change. Your....clothes are still pretty damp.” she said.

  I slowly turned my head side to side looking for the bathroom. A bath does sound nice, but how do I know I can trust them.

  “Here! We're help you to the bathroom!” Seohyun said brightly and they both held an arm out for me. They both also gave me a warming smile that almost resembled my Mother's...

  Slowly, I reached for their helping hands and lifted myself up. A jolt of pain strung through my body. They each wrapped an arm around my waist, and we slowly moved to the bathroom. I was completely stunned by how big and elegant it was. It looked as if it belonged in Chateau Versailles.

  “Here I'll run your water!” Seohyun said cheerfully running to the tub.

  Hyoyeon turn to me, “Can you undress yourself?”

  I nodded and attempted to undress, but I winced in pain. Guess when I was jumping around earlier I had enough adrenaline to forget the pain.

  “It's okay. I'll help you. Promise I'm not a .” Hyoyeon giggled holding her hands up. Guess she notice my eyes narrow in suspension.

  Hyoyeon began peeling my clothing off of me, and Seohyun sat at the edge of the tub humming sweetly. Her hand tested the running water to ensure it was the right temperature. When Hyoyeon peeled the final piece of cloth, she gave out a mortified gasp. Seohyun turned to look and quickly covered her my mouth in shock. I turned to the mirror to see what startled them. It was my bare body completely covered in bruises and swelling. I look so...broken...

  “You poor thing.” I heard Seohyun say with a teary voice. Next thing I know she wrapped her arms around my neck softly crying.

  “You really need medical attention.” Hyoyeon said softly touching my arm.

My face remained stoic and I just shook my head no.

 


 

  Seohyun and Hyoyeon came back down. We all notice Seohyun sniffling wth red swollen eyes.

  “What's wrong?” Luhan asked.

  “That poor girl. She was completely covered in bruises and swelling.” Seohyun answered.

  “She looked like a broken porcelain doll. It was heart-breaking to see.” Hyoyeon added gently rubbing Seohyun back reassuringly.

  “What is she doing now?” Yifan asked.

  “She's taking a bath right now.” Seohyun sniffled.

  Instantly I headed to the kitchen. I began pulling out ingredients out, and then Luhan came in the room.

  “What are you doing Xing?” He asked tilting his head slightly to the side.

  “Cooking.” I answered.

  “Cooking what?”

  “Rice porridge.”

  “Why?”

  Jeez, it's like twenty questions with him, “So she has something to eat.” I answered.

  “Oh.” He just said before leaving me be.

  Who would be so heartless in harming another human being. What the hell is wrong with people?

 


 

  I pulled the ivory oversize sweater over my top half. It almost completely covered the loose black shorts I had on. I looked down at my bare legs. The bruises and swelling looked awful on my fair skin, so I pulled on the black thigh high socks the girls gave me. There. Now it's covered. I reached for a towel and began drying my hair. My head still greatly hurts, along with the rest of my body, and I can't seem to stop coughing. Then I heard the room door click, and the sound of soft shuffling. I took the towel and twisted it tightly like a rope.

Slowly, I slightly opened the door to see who entered the room. It was a guy with black hair that I poked in the eye earlier. I couldn't see to well, because his back was towards me, but he looked like he was carrying something. Without warning I dashed behind him wrapping the towel tightly around his neck. He let out a loud cry before I began strangling him.

Next thing I know a bunch of hands are pulling my hands away form the towel. Once they succeeded they pulled me back away from my victim. There was a bunch of yelling, but it didn't register what was being said. A flower boy went running to my coughing boy's side.

  “Yixing! Are you okay?!” He asked with worry. He then stareed at me with fire in his eyes, “You! What the hell! Xing was only bringing you food and medicine! I understand that you have some issues, but that's no reason to try and kill the one genuine person who wants to help you!” He stopped yelling when his friend tugged on his sleeve still coughing for air.

  This Yixing, began composing himself. He then got up with the tray, that he managed not to drop or spill, and casually made his way in front of me. A small smile formed on his face, “Here, I brought you something to eat. Oh! And this is a fever reducer. It'll help with the fever, the pain, and the coughing.” his words sounded so genuine. It disgusts me.

  With one swift movement I knocked everything in his hand all over the floor. Then I quickly my heels and locked myself in the bathroom with my back against the door. I heard everyone yell different things. The majority of it were the males saying that I needed to leave, and that I'm crazy. The minority were the girls trying to reason with them that I must had a traumatizing event happen to me. I decided to stop listening and just slid down the door to my knees with my mind a complete mess.

  Hours. It has been hours since I sat here staring at nothing. Everything was silent. The yelling stopped, so I'm pretty sure everyone is asleep. It does feel really late. The bathroom was completely dark. I refused to turn the light on. I didn't want to see myself again. In all honesty, I do feel mad at myself. I shouldn't have acted so cold to that guy. Yes, today is the worst day of my life, but that's no excuse to take it out on him. Mother would be so disappointed right now. She always told me never be harsh to someone just because life is harsh to me. Mother always had a martyr kind of kindness. I guess it frustrated me to see that he shared that quality with her. Now what do I do with myself?

  Soft knocking came from the other side of the door. I slightly turned my head against the door. I didn't answer.

  “Miss...are you okay?” a soft voice whispered. It sounded like the guy I assaulted. I still didn't answer.

  “I brought you some more food and medicine. You really need to eat. You've haven't eaten since I found you...” I inwardly scoffed. He should have just left me there to die. “Please? What would your family think?” he pleaded.

  What would Mother think? To see me so weakened and so...done with life? Disappointed. She would tell me to not give in to the depression, and fight on. She would tell me to always chase the light at the end of the tunnel...

  “I'll leave the stuff by the-” He stopped mid-sentence as I slowly opened the door. His face was more than surprise by my sudden action.

  The room was only lit by the moonlight shining through the bay window. I took slow painful steps to the bed and sat down silently. He just watched my actions in awe, before realizing that I have finally come out of the bathroom. Hastily he grabbed the tray and carried it too me. He sat it down beside me on the bed. He just stood by the bed.

  The food was steaming and I slowly reached for the spoon. Carefully, I took a scoop of the porridge. Then I tried taking a small bite, but it was so hot I winced.

  “I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have warmed it up so hot!” He gasped sitting down on the other side of the tray, “Here,” he took the spoon from me and began blowing it.

  How can he be so nice after how awful I have been to him?

  “Here open.” He said holding the spoon to my lips.

  Slowly I complied not really sure what was going on at the moment. He gave a bright smile when I took the bite. He then took another scoop and began blowing on it repeat the cycle for a bit. I'm not going to lie, I feel extremely awkward right now. The only person who ever treated me so tenderly was my Mother...

  “I'm so happy right now,” he said suddenly breaking the silence, “I was scared you were going to starve yourself. I would feel awful if you did.” he smiled to himself.

  Thanks for making me feel even more crappy about myself. I tried to murder one of the nicest people in the world.

  More silent moments went by as I finish my meal and took my medicine. He got up with the tray, “I'll put this away. You get some rest okay. Hyoyeon and Seohyun are coming back early tomorrow to see you. Get well okay,” once again he gave a smile and headed toward the door.

“Ziyin.” I manage to whisper softly.

He stopped in his track and turn back to me, “I'm sorry.”

“....my name. It's Ziyin.” I said a little louder.

“Ziyin...what a lovely name!” he burst with excitement startling me a bit, “I'll be sure to tell the others so they will stop calling you Psycho-Lady! Good-night!” he bounced out the door closing it behind him.

I fell on my back on the bed in pure exhaustion. I need to hurry and recover, so I can quickly leave. The longer I stay the more they are in danger...


This chapter is more on the serious side, but now onward to comedy!  Thanks for reading!  :D