He's Gone

He's Gone

The day had started normally until suddenly my body felt weak. My eyes became blurry and I fell to the ground.

 

                              *             *             *

 

“Doctor! Please help her! Please!” Mark exclaimed while holding me bridal style. The doctor and nurses quickly took me into the emergency room. After an hour, the doctor came out.

“Are you her guardian?” the doctor asked.

“I’m her boyfriend and she is an orphan” Mark declared.

“Follow me,” the doctor led him to his room.

 

                                                                                *             *             *

 

I woke up and realized that I was not at home. I scanned around and finally discovered that I was at the hospital. I saw Mark sleeping at the edge of the bed.

“Mark,” I said softly, not wanting to shock him.

“Lisa, you are awake!” I smiled at him.

“What happened to me?” I questioned.

“Lisa… your liver failed to function well,” Mark stammered. My eyes widened. I tried to sit up but the pain in my stomach prevented me to do so.

“Ouch!” I shouted in pain. Mark held me and tried to calm me down.

“Lisa, we need to find your donor. Just trust me, we will find the donor,” Mark uttered.

               

                                                                                *             *             *

 

It was already a month and I was still in the hospital. I knew I did not have much time to live.

“Mark, let’s go somewhere. I felt bored here,” I pleaded him.

He brought me to Bora Bora Island where we had carved ‘Lisa & Mark Forever’ on a tree. This might be the last date. After a few hours of having fun with him, my body began to feel unstable and everthing went out.

 

                                                                                *             *             *

 

When I woke up, I was a the hospital, again. The doctor said that that day might be the last day. After the doctor left, I could see the man that I loved came in. He looked happy.

“We found your donor, Lisa!” He jumped joyfully.

“What? A donor? Who is it?” I asked anxiously. I felt so happy because I could still live and be with Mark.

“The donor does not want to tell us but at least you can live longer!” He explained excitedly.

 

                                                                                *             *             *

 

I slowly opened my eyes as I regained my strength. Mark was nowhere to be seen. He must be in the doctor’s room, I thought. Then, a nurse came in with a big box in her hands.

“Excuse me, here is a present for you from the donor,” the nurse stated as she handed me the box.

I opened the box and there were a teddy bear holding a red heart, two small boxes and a beautiful white dress. I felt uneasy as I opened one of the small boxes. It was a neart-shaped silver necklace and it seemed expensive. I lifted the other small box and there was a piece of decorated paper under it. I unfolded the paper.

Hello beautiful! How are you? You must be feeling weak because of the operation right? I sincerely gave my liver just for you because I want you to survive. Now, I’m not there with you anymore. I’m sure there’s a lot better man who can make you happier that I did, but please don’t forget me. I was planning to propose you today, but I guess it’s not the perfect time. The bear, the rinf, the necklace and the dress are my last gifts for you. I hope you like them. I’m sorry because I cannot be with you for the rest of your life. I love you, Lisa,' – MARK

 

Hot tears welled up in my eyes and rolled down my cheeks.

“Show me his body!” I barked and the doctor escorted me to the morgue.

“Why you did this to me?” I wailed as I tried to wake him up. His body was so cold and he did not respond at all.

 

                                                                                *             *             *

 

I went to Bora Bora Island and the memories of him kept flooding through my mind. I sobbed in front of the tree where we had engraved ‘Lisa & Mark Forever’ on it.

“I miss you,Mark,” I mentioned.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder.when I turned around, I was shocked and startled at the same time.

“Mark?!” I pronounced.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

p/s: It was really short, i know :( Dont forget to leave your opinions :)