EIGHT

The Difference between Fiction and Fact

I had a strange dream last night. 

Junmi was crying, she was sitting in the corner, hugging her knees, shoulders shaking as she cried. I tried to approach her, to comfort her. But it seemed the harder I tried to get close to her, the farther she became. I didn't give up, I kept walking and walking, I even tried running. Why? why was I even trying so hard to get close to her, I don't understand. 

Something inside me just keeps pulling me to her, telling me that she needs me. 

Though, if she really needed me then...why won't she let me in?

When I woke up I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. That girl just won't get out of my head, even in my dreams.

I got out of bed, changed my clothes, and headed out to the company building. 

 

Even during practice, I couldn't stop thinking about Junmi. I was very curious about her. The day we first met she looked all beat up, bruised, and bloody, and the fact she tried to kill herself in that state, says that something definitely happen. It didn't look like she fell down a set of stairs or hit by car. But it did look like she was beat up by someone, or maybe more than one person. 

After practice I decided to go pick up Dongwoon from school while also checking up on Junmi. Today was a Friday too, I realized a long time ago almost every Friday Junmi would be at Yoseob's family restaurant. I figured maybe I could convince her to go together this time.

 

I arrived at the school gates with Doojoon and we waited for Dongwoon. When Dongwoon came out he grinned and we teased a him a bit. "Look at you being a good student," I said while messing with his hair. "What are you talking about Hyung, I've always been a good student," he swatted at my hand. 

"Did you see Junmi today?" I casually asked and he nodded. "Yeah I ate lunch with her, I asked her if she wanted to walk home together but she said she's on cleaning duty today." I nodded in response and we all began walking back to the dorm. 

 

After we all changed and showered we met up with the rest of the guys at Yoseob's house, his house was connected to the restaurant so we entered through the restaurants front door, where his mother greeted us. We played some games in his room and watched TV then after a few hours we headed downstairs to the restaurant to eat. 

When we all sat down I looked around the restaurant to see if Junmi was there, but I didn't see her. I got up and went to ask Yoseob's mother and sister if they had seen her yet and they both shook their heads. I nodded and joined the boys again. This bad feeling was growing inside of me, I didn't know why. I didn't notice I was furrowing my brows as I worried until Doojoon pointed it out. "Yah Junhyung, what's wrong?"

I looked up at him and shrugged. "I just have a bad feeling about something," I mumbled. 

"About what?" Kikwang asked. "I don't know, it's just a bad gut feeling," 

"Ah Hyung! I forgot my textbooks at school! I need them to do my homework," Dongwoon said out of realization, and out of no where as well. It kind of surprised me. "Let's go back and get them then, are the gates still open?" Doojoon asked as he got up. "Yea, some clubs are probably having meetings right now and the sports teams must be practicing as well, so they keep it open," I got up when Dongwoon got up. 

"We'll wait here!" Yoseob called out to us as we headed towards the door and we nodded. So it was just Dongwoon, Doojoon, and I. 

We entered the school and it was pretty empty to our surprise, most of the lights were out too. Dongwoon said the club rooms were on the other side of the building. We followed him up to his classroom and I swear I thought I heard weeping when we got to the second floor, but I shrugged it off. 

But then I heard the weeping again followed by a scream when we started making our way down again. The weeping and sobbing became louder. I looked over at the boys and they looked at me too. They heard it too.

We walked down the halls of the second floor, trying to follow where the sound was coming from. As we got closer we could hear it more clearly. We heard a girls voice and she cried and said something we couldn't completely make out but it sounded like something along the lines of

"Don't touch me! no please don't! don't come near me!"

and then there was more sobbing before she continued,

"please...someone help me, I hate it I hate it, it's too dark!"

 We finally got closer to where the crying was coming from, it was the storage room. The girl was weakly banging against the door, crying "please...get me out, I hate it, I hate the dark," there was another pause as she breathed shakily, "d-don't touch me, d-don't come any closer, please" she whimpered. 

I tried to open the door but it was locked.

"Is someone out there?" She gasped. "Y-yeah there's three of us, don't worry, we'll get you out," 

She was silent for moment, "o-okay, h-hurry p-please" her was voice was quiet. "Dongwoon do you know who would have the key to the storage room?" Doojoon asked as he turned to Dongwoon and he nodded. "I'll go get it right now!"

"W-wait!" Dongwoon paused as he was about to run off, "Don't...don't leave me by myself, I-I'm scared," 

"Don't worry we'll be here," I looked at Dongwoon and he nodded before leaving. I pressed my back against the door and crouched down, Doojoon did the same. 

"You still there?" She whimpered.

"Yeah don't worry...how long have you been in there?" I asked. "I don't know...a while? I-it was right after school," Her breath was still shaky as she spoke. 

Right after school, it's already dark out. School ended 5 hours ago and no one heard here in here? "How did you get locked in?" She went silent for a moment.  Doojoon looked at me, then spoke, "Are you okay? What's your name?" 

"J-junmi," My eyed widened. "Junmi? Lee Junmi"

She went silent again and then we heard her squealing and it sounded like she was hyperventilating.

"Junmi? are you okay?"

"I...hate...the..." the gasped between each word, "dark..."

Dongwoon then finally came running back with the Janitors key and I took from him quickly unlocking the door and opening it. Then Junmi stared at me for a moment before she jumped at me and began crying and wailing loudly as she clung tightly onto me. I wrapped my arms around her and her hair as I comforted her, "shh, you're okay now, we're right here...Junmi, we're right here."

  

 

 

 


 

A/N: sorry for any bad grammer or mistakes, I'll go back to fix them...one day please leave comments!!!