Chapter 1

of hand-holding and falling in love

 

 

I remember the first time I fell asleep holing his hand. It was the night before we debuted. I was so scared of messing up on stage I almost cried. But he reached over and took my hand whispering;

 

"Don't be scared. You'll be brilliant"

 

And that is how we fell asleep. It wasn't romantic. We fell asleep at arms length. Only our hands were conected under the blankets in a silent " I am here for you."

 

~~~

 

The second time it happened was  after he had a song rejected by our manager. He was told his songs weren't good enough yet and that his lyrics needed work.

 

This time it was me who took his hand while he was laying awake that night. I held it and squeezed it gently. Hoping he would understand. Hoping he knew I meant to say.

 

" I still think they're perfect" and " We are only young. There is time."

 

That time as our fingers interlace and I feel him grip back I couldn't help the slight butterflies that start flutter in my stomach.

 

~~~

 

The third time, he is holding my hand again. But this time there is no great drama. We are both just too tired but too awake from the high of our new comback to sleep. This time his hand comes in search of mine as if to say;

 

"Did you feel it too?"

 

Our fingers lace and our arms fit together. We are closer this time. Both of us on the edge of our mats. Some part of me is dieing to look over to him. To see what he's thinking, what he looks like right now. But the more rational side is telling me I cant, though I'm not sure why. I get the feeling this is past skinship now. That this is something more.

 

~~~

 

The fourth time it happens is after he is told they are going to use his lyrics in a song. As soon as everyone else is asleep I roll onto my side and slide my hand into his. The butterflies are back but as i feel him hold on just as tight I gain confidence. He looks at me and smiles and I find myself smiling back. Who knows, I might have been the one smiling first. This all feels too intemate.

 

" I'm proud of you" I whisper.

 

"Why?" He wispers back.

 

" They're finally using your lyrics" I reply.

 

" I thought you said they were fools if they didn't?"  He smirks.

 

" I said I was proud. Not that I was surprised."

 

He smiles and closes his eyes still facing my way. I gently rub my thumb across the back of his hand until I slowly drift alseep, still staring at his face.

 

~~~

 

The fifth time it happens is different. This time his face is much too close to mine and our hands entertwined are inches between us. He stares into my eyes as I get lost in his. Those butterflies have multiplied. My hand must be sweaty, or maybe its him. Either way we never let go. Its silent and special and I think I know now, what that something more from before must have meant.

 

~~~

 

Now it's the sixth time and we're laying so close. I feel his breath of my face. It smells just like mint. Our hands are linked and our bodys almost meet.

 

I have had my eyes closed ever since he moved that bit closer. Just one look in his eyes and i know I'll do something foolish. But there he goes again somehow still finding room to maneuver.

 

"Dont hate me for this." He murmers, his voice deep and comforting as he edges himself yet closer to me.

 

But then his lips meet mine in such a gentle touch. It reminds me of when we first held hands on this spot. Nither of us move to make more of the kiss. But neither do we move away. Fear, I think has stunned us in place.

 

"Why would I hate you for this?"

 

I ask with another kiss to his lips. Hoping like before he understands my intent. Hoping he sees my meaning as I hold onto his waist.

 

 

~A/N~ Told you it was short... but idk i kinda like it and whatever. sorry if it . i've tired making it longer... it didnt work out so well... I hope you like it and as ever feel free to yell at me about errors because i know there must be plenty <3