(Short Horror Story) Bloody Balloon

Bloody Balloon

Who doesn't love balloons?  Everyone should love balloons which are quite enjoyable when one sees, and nearly hugs that colourful object. Or so they say...

Because a little angel died inside a balloon.

It was a typical Halloween Night at an amusement park. Dressing as an angel, Little Amy attended a costume party. The other kids, being around Amy's age, wore costumes from demons and dragons to warriors and witches. . After accompanying her to that venue, Little Amy's parents went to an adult buffet party, where other parents are dining there, a few yards away from the costume party.

 Thus, Little Amy set off into the crowd of children, looking for her friends from her classroom she's in. She did find her friends, who were dressing as little witches, and walked towards them when she heard a little girl's call for help. Little Amy turned around and saw the little girl, who was dressed as a nun. The little nun was standing at a dim alley between a wall and a balloon stall. Little Amy noticed the little nun was struggling untying a balloon string from her left wrist. One should know that the little nun could have use a pair of scissors to cut the difficult knot; unless the little nun loves her white balloon so much, she didn't dare to let go of her balloon if she were to cut the string.

BUT, Little Amy didn't think twice as she immediately went to help the little nun standing in the dim corner from the public view.

Oddly enough, Little Amy managed to untie the balloon string from the little nun's wrist in a few seconds. Then, Little Amy was holding the white balloon, wrapping its string gently around her right wrist.

"Thank you," thanked the little nun. "You seemed to be the only one to care about me," she said with a gentle smile.

"Well, Mommy and Daddy always tell me that helping others is a good thing to do," replied Little Amy.

"In that case, can you help B.B.? He's very hungry. Can you feed him please?" begged the little nun.

"Sure," agreed Little Amy as she took out some coloured-wrapped sweets from her skirt pocket. "Here's my treats I've brought for my friends here. There is some more in my pocket."

 "B.B. will be very grateful for your kindness, little girl," said the little nun with a sudden grim smile on her face.

 "Speaking of him," asked Little Amy, looking around to find the boy. "Where is B.B.? His name sounds unique to me..."

 Suddenly, she felt her right wrist was being gripped by the balloon string. It got tighter and tighter until a blood dripped down from her wrist. In cold sweat, Little Amy looked up, only to become terrified upon seeing monstrous teeth appearing on the white balloon.

In panic mode, Little Amy tried to untie the string, but she couldn't manage like what she did for the little nun. Little Amy was about to call for help when her eyes met the little nun's creepy expression as the latter was laughing wickedly. The little nun walked towards Little Amy, and whispered shocking words that put Little Amy looking scared till her legs shook.

 These were the creepy little nun's words:

 "Seems he's very fond of you. His name is actually short for...," paused the little nun when Little Amy's right hand was gobbled up by the monstrous balloon. Before Little Amy could scream, the little nun said...

"Bloody Brother," she said with a wicked chuckle.

The next hour, a little boy, dressed as a knight, spotted a red balloon floating in front of the balloon stall. He blatantly poked it with his blunt wooden sword. After a few pokes, the red balloon popped and out comes a bloody angel dress almost covered in blood.

Everyone screamed, including Little Amy's parents who were searching for her the past hour. They found her, only it was her body that was burst off like a bloody balloon.