Culture Shock Part 1: Language and Greetings

Demons, Angels, and Fairies, Oh My!

Minzy and Hyeri were overly excited, flying as fast as they could with their bags in hand. The boys however trailed behind with sleepy yawns and bedhead hair. Well, all the boys except Key. He was right up front with the girls, chatting excitedly with them about all the angels and demons they would befriend.

Back behind them two hyungs were busy trying to keep two of the youngest from falling asleep while flying. Minho quickly failed, Taemins cuteness breaking his shell and he was now stuck with carrying him while he slept in his arms. Though Minho didn't mind, why would he mind holding the little Prince? He was his fiancee after all. Hyuk was however not as lucky, Hyunseong doing a better at job at making sure he stayed awake.

And as for the twins Youngmin and Kwangmin? No problem at all. Their lust for each other kept them up easily.

---

Four candidates had been chosen to greet the new students. Two demons, two angels. One of each gender for each species. And of course these four were the heads of the student counsel. Otherwise known as Sojin, Jeongmin, Hongbin and Minah.

While Sojin and Jeongmin waited excitedly, ready to help the new comers like good angels, Hongbin and Minah were too busy seducing each other until they were practically trying to eat each others faces. They weren't even dating. Oh, did I also mention that these two were the s of the school along with every other demon on campus? No? Well now you know. 

When the fairies finally arrived, all going from tiny to regular sized in seconds, the angels and demons finally got a good look at them. They were..colorful and...different.

It also came to a surprise when one of them seemed to attack Sojin, pulling her in for a bone crushing hug and saying nonsense in a language none of the angels or demons knew. Fairy language was simply too hard to learn, plus none of the fairies ever bothered to teach them it before. After Hyeri finally let go of the poor girl she placed a kiss on her lips then said in the others language "Hello! I'm Hyeri, it's nice to finally meet a real live angel!" After saying that she went back to her group and fangirled with Minzy, the girls jumping up and down excitedly.

All of their wings had already wrapped around their bodies, becoming tattoos so they had no chance of getting damaged due to their fragile material.

Sojin however was frozen in place, for her first kiss had been stolen. Sensing something was wrong they all glared at Hyeri.

"What..I just greeted her like normal!" She protested, not liking how she was being judged. 

"Normal?" Minah asked. "So how fairies greet each other is by kissing?" They all nodded, seeming very confused as to why they had to ask. Then the demons laughed, Sojin looking as if she was about to cry.

"Why..is that not a custom in your kingdoms?" Taemin asked, now awake and aware of the situation. Sojin slowly shook her head. Oh. Hyeri blushed, saying softly. It seemed that any of the demons planning to use that custom to their advantage just had their plans spoiled.

"Oh..sorry!" Minzy however hit her arm before whispering angrily, "I told you we should have taken those angel and demon study classes!" Sojin quickly regained her composure after that, flipping her hair out of her face. 

"No harm done, so let's begin your tour! But first let's introduce ourselves. I'm Sojin." She bowed before Jeongmin did the same before stating his name cheerfully. Hongbin smirked, bowed, and then said "Lee Hongbin at your service for any and all ual services needed." Before winking at Hyuk who blushed a deep scarlet. Minah went for a more subtle approach, simply stating her name and giving them a mischievous smile. She knew Fairies couldn't resist the chance to cause mischief.

Then the newcomers began their introductions. The twins chimed hello in union before introducing the other twin. Taemin let Minho introduce him as he took these few moments to 'rest his eyes.' Key, being his flamboyant self, introduced himself by saying "I'm Key, one of and probably the only fairy here with a brain." 

Hyuk and Hyunseong began at the same time, both becoming flustered before finally Hyunseong went first with Hyuk following. Since Hyeri had already made a big introduction of herself earlier all that was left was Minzy, who settled for a short hello and stating her name. 

---

As the group went down the hall they explained how and why it was divided. 

Hongbin said "Four of you are going to have lockers on the demons side, the rest will have lockers on this side. So..who's brave enough to face hundreds of demons?" The twins scoffed.

"Bring it on." They said in union, already walking closer to the darkening hallway. Taemin looked up at Minho, only to receive a shake of his head. It was probably a good thing Minho didn't want them on the demons side. Taemin was too pretty and naive to be left alone for a measly ten seconds on that side. Two more spots left. It was pretty much decided the girls wouldn't be going, they were too soft and well..scared. Key rolled his eyes and joined the twins. 

Now Hyuk and Hyunseong were left. Hyuks lip began trembling immediately, clinging to his best friend. "No! Minzy! Hyeri! Please, don't make us separate!" Tears had began to sprout from the young boys eye, overreacting like usual. The twins groaned, knowing that Hyun wouldn't last on the demon side either so they grabbed Hyunseong by the arms and pried him away from Hyuk.

"Its not like you'll never see him again, we'll see each other at lunch!" That shut Hyuk up, immediately his bright aura returned. He gave Hyunseong one last hug before bidding him goodbye, picking a locker in between the couple and the girls. 

The demons and the rest of their companions left, going to the darker side of the halls where lustful and evil demons waited for their fresh meat. 

Luckily the group on the brighter side made friends with the angels around them easily, also getting tips on how to get to their classes quicker and how to act with certain teachers. It was starting to very much look like the experience the girls had pictured.

Well that was before Hyuk bumped into the demon Soohyun.

---

Soohyun was known to be a demon that no one wanted to mess with. He wasn't afraid to beat up, or even kill another student. And he had been minding his business, looking around to get a sight on the new Fairies at school. 

He had heard the girls were hot, and that one had even kissed the stuck up little named Sojin. He just had to see them for himself. It was just a curiosity and lust thing, the demon girls and guys were started to get boring but he wouldn't dare touch an angel. So Fairies seemed perfect.

That was until one bumped right into him.

Soohyun didn't even move when they collided, the other hitting his broad chest and then falling back onto his . His books had skidded, the boy obviously dazed at the sudden collision. Hence why he hadn't bothered to close his legs when he sat up, rubbing his head with his cheeks lightly tinted. 

Usually this would mean an immediate whooping when it came to Soohyun but he had to admit, the boy was cute. ably cute. The type of cute that would be all embarrassed and blushing while being ed, too shy to plead for more but still able to whine when he began to slow down.

Oh, Soohyun was definitely going to get in this one's pants.

Reaching down a hand the cluster of students who had stopped gasped, surprised at the kind gesture. Hyuk hesitantly took his hand, yelping as he was suddenly yanked up. Thankfully some of the angels had picked up Hyuks books, but before they could give them to him Soohyun took them.

Looking at Jeongmin, who had made his way to Hyuks side almost prospectively, he said "Have you given the new students their schedules yet?" He hesitantly shook his head. Having a smirk like smile in his face he looked at the boy. "Follow me then." It wasn't necessarily an order but he was sure that the other knew to obey it anyways.

---

As Hyuk followed the demon, he could tell by the black clothing, he looked desperately at his friends who simply shrugged and followed after him. 

"Um..who are you?" Hyuk asked, walking a bit faster so he was besides the other. The older male looked at him and simply said "Soohyun. But you can call me Oppa." Hyuk was puzzled.

"But isn't that for g-" Before he could finish his sentence the other interrupted him. 

"Your name?" 

"Oh, Hyuk. My name is Hyuk." Soohyun liked the sound of it and nodded, leading the other into a classroom. A demon classroom. A classroom whose door slammed as soon as Hyuk walked through it, leaving his friends to find classrooms on their own.

---

One the other side of the campus, it felt more like on the other side of the world, the group of four had been getting settled easily. But it seemed the demons liked watching the twins show affection for each other a bit too much.

Yet that was nothing compared to Keys meeting with by far the most stubborn person he has ever met besides himself.

Jonghyun.

--- 

The demon hadn't even noticed the fairy at first. Well that was until he was pulling his headphones out and glaring at him.

"Will you stop it?!" He hissed, his feline eyes boring holes into the others forehead. The demon was confused, what exactly had he been doing wrong?

"Stop what?" He asked, looking at him for the first time since class started.

"Tapping your pencil. It's incredibly annoying." He said, also semi surprised the teacher hadn't yelled at him for talking during class yet. Key hated it when people did things like that when he was trying to learn. It made paying attention that much more difficult. And it didn't help that the person who was doing it was incredibly attractive as well.

Smirking slyly Jonghyun replied "Would you rather I tap you instead? Or perhaps one of those little friends of yours, Hyeri? Or maybe Minzy? Oh! I know! Taem-" Before he could even finish saying the name of Keys beloved best friend a crisp hard slap landed upon Jonghyuns face.

"Mr. Kim!" The teacher yelled, both boys looking at the teacher in alarm. "Did you just slap another student?!" 

Quickly Key tried to defend himself. "He was saying cruel things to me!" But the teacher didn't want any excuses, she simply pointed at the door.

"Both of you. Out." Jonghyun was about to argue, ask why he was being sent out when he was clearly the victim but he didn't get two syllables out before she barked "OUT!"

Quickly both boys scurried off into the hall, Key groaning and kicking a locker angrily. He couldn't believe that it was only his first day yet he had already gotten in trouble. Trouble truly did follow him like an old friend.

Jonghyun didn't seem to care, he was used to it by now. Instead of pacing as Key did, the male biting on his thumb nail, Jonghyun simply sat against the wall. "This is all your fault." Key halted, turned, and seethed. Never has he wanted to kill someone as much as he wanted to kill Jonghyun in this moment. It simply wasn't healthy. Jonghyuns tail swung back and forth without a care.

"How in the hell is this my fault?! It's because of you and your stupid pencil tapping!" Jonghyun scoffed.

"You could have simply ignored it, if you'd done that we wouldn't be out here!" 

Before they knew it they were having a full fledged argument out in the hallway, shouting nonsense and blaming each other. 

Finally Jonghyun just broke, grabbed the other, and crashed his lips onto the others. Key hardly had time to stiffen before he was melting into the kiss and the others brown hair. God he was a good kisser. Their lips molded perfectly, hands groping the other and tongues coming out to connect and taste each others caverns.

When they finally broke apart both were panting, Keys cheeks were flushed with arousal, and uncertain about what to do now. "Its still your fault." Jonghyun said, making Key groan and whack him on the shoulder.

---

Most knew that one of a demons main purpose in their existence was to turn everything around them evil, and for an angel it was to turn everything good. 

So most angels didn't have to guess what the demons were going to try to do to Hyuk, especially when his protector Hyunseong was away. As soon as the door closed every set of eyes was placed on Hyuk, who immediately regretted his decision of following the demon. Hyuk simply took an inhale of air and suddenly everyone was fidgeting in their seats, moving to get up.

The fact that Hyuk whimpered didn't help. 

In seconds another demon was right in front of him, only being held back by the hand Soohyun placed on his chest. His red eyes pierced Hyuks, obviously trying to hypnotize him and draw him in. 

"Back off Eli." Soohyun growled, pushing the other male. Eli growled back, then turned his faze back on Hyuk and smiled. Bowing to the young boy he took his hand and placed a kiss on top of it, being ever the gentlemen. 

"And who is this..fine young specimen." Eli said, his voice like silk to Hyuks ears. Hyuk felt his knees beginning to wobble, not realizing he was like a mouse caught in a snakes trap. He stared into those eyes, feeling as if he was going to faint as he lost himself in them, but then someone snapped in front of his face. 

Hyuk jolted, looking up to see exactly who had thankfully broken the spell Eli had on him. This time he was careful not to look in the girls eyes. And instead took in her appearance.

Like all the others she wore all black, had a dark aura, and dark eyes. But her hair was bleach blonde and instead of seeming scary she just seemed..chic. Which was a thing Hyuk was very unfamiliar with.

Fairies were never chic. They were always loud, boisterous, funny, kind or something along those lines. Never cool or chic. So Hyuk was a bit mesmerized. But it wasn't time for him to be mesmerized, it was time for this woman to scold them. Well at least in her opinion.

"Eli, you know better. Do you want the fairy queendom to start a war with us just because you traumatized one of them?" She sighed, grabbed Hyuks wrist, and practically dragged him to a seat. "Sit." She commanded and Hyun felt himself follow her orders immediately. "And Soohyun, you better not even think about causing trouble. I'm not staying after school to rearrange the whole mothering library again just because you got into a little tiff with a fairy over someone."

Hyuks cheeks had burned red, noticing that everyone's eyes were on him. He flinched when he felt a hand carding through his hair but relaxed slightly. Looking up he made eye contact with Dara, but quickly looked away.

"But I will admit..he's quite cute." Hyuk froze, knowing his savior was now on the side of his captors.

 

-I hope you enjoyed! I'm really looking forward to writing this story and I hope some of you guys are interested in becoming coadmins because it'd be super helpful! ALSO OH NO WHAT'S GUNNA HAPPEN TO HYUKKIE Lots of love xoxo~