Chapter 8: I Love You

Who Are You?

Eric’ visit to the restaurant had been less frequent which had bothered Hyesung. He knew something was wrong but he did not dare to ask Eric about it. Why was he so worried in the first place anyway? Eric had his own life, and was a full grown man. He could take of himself. Why should he care? Hyesung didn’t understand it at first but soon figured out that it was because he knew by heart that Eric was Junghyuk. It was all just brotherly affection. Nothing more.

“Hyesungie~ Hyesungie~ Hyesungie~”

Hyesung heard someone calling him and turned to the direction, hoping it was the one he was waiting for. Eric or Junghyuk? He wasn’t sure himself. But his fantasy was shattered when he realized that it was Junjin who’s calling him.

“Yah, who told you to call me that? Don’t call me Hyesungie!” Hyesung elbowed Junjin in the stomach.

Only Junghyuk was allowed to call him that. And it must stay that way because every time someone called him Hyesungie, he will have a slight hope that Junghyuk came home, but every single time, the hope vanished right away.

“Sorry, hyung. I just want to get your attention.”

Hyesung did not reply as he started to stare into nothing again.

“Hyung, I need your help.”

“Huh?”

“Can we talk at somewhere more private?” Junjin pulled Hyesung to the VIP room.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

“What?! Are you serious?!”

“Shh! Hyung, I’m not kidding. I really do have a crush on Andy.” Junjin felt embarassed.

“Wow! I didn’t expect that, especially from you.” Hyesung tried to digest everything that Junjin had just told him. From the break up till the proposal.

“Hyung, I need your help. I want to propose again but I’m afraid I’ll fail like the last time.”

“Right. Let me think……….Ah! First,………”

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

*Hyung, I’m here.* Andy SMSed Junjin when he reached the park below their apartment.

Andy got no replied and decided to just wait for his hyung while playing on the swing. He was swinging happily when he noticed a bouquet of flower and a box of chocolate lying on the ground just beside the children’s sandbox. He got down and took a closer look. He was shocked to see what was written on it.

*Andy yah, saranghaeyo! You’re the special one in my life. Can you be my boyfriend?* A big love was drawn around the words.

Junjin crept from behind and bear hugged Andy.

“I love you, Andy.”

“Hy…..Hyung.” Andy broke their hug and stared into Junjin’s eyes.

“Haiz….. I know…… You won’t accept me right? Hye…..” Before Junjin could finish, Andy hugged him so tightly.

“I love you too, hyung! I thought, you didn’t love me and…. I’ve had a crush on you for such a long time already.”

“Does this mean, you accept my love?”

“Yes! Yes hyung! I love you!” Junjin was so happy that he planted kisses on Andy’s cheek over and over again.

“Wanna go on a date? Catch a movie or should we have a romantic dinner?” Junjin asked excitedly.

“Anything will do as long as I’m with you.” Andy broke the hug and stared at his feet while his face was flushed red like a tomato.

“You’re so cute!” Junjin pinched Andy’s cheeks and took his hand before leaving the park.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

“Argh, guys get a room!” yelled Minwoo who’s got fed up watching the couple feeding each other fruit slices.

“Was it good?” Asked Junjin lovingly while giving Andy a slice of orange.

Hyundo sat on the single sofa, watching his sons’ conversations with a loving smile on his face.

“That was too sweet, guys. I don’t think I can take it.” Hyesung left his brothers.

Dongwan was the only person who seems unaffected by the couple’s affection. He secretly admired their bravery and loveliness.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

“Hey! Eric!” Minwoo yelled when he saw the other guy walking down the street.

“Oh, Minwoo.” Eric turned around and slightly pulled down his beanie to cover his bandage.

“Where have you been? I haven’t see you for quite some time.”

“I’ve been very busy lately. How are you guys?”

“As usual, except the fact that Junjin and Andy kind of started dating each other.” Minwoo said while making a disgusted face, recalling their sweetness.

“Wow, help me congratulate them. Uhm…..how…..how’s Hyesung?”

“He’s been pretty out these few days. He kept on day dreaming and had been very moody lately…….. Why don’t you come over? Maybe it can cheer him up. Junghyuk had always been the only one who can cheer our little prince up.”

“Nah, I have to go. Maybe some other time. Bye.”

“Cool. Bye.” And with that, they both went their separate ways.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

(HYESUNG’S POV)

 

It’s been days since I last saw him. What is this weird feeling that’s been on my chest these past few days? It’s so dark and I feel like suffocating. Could it be that Junghyuk was in trouble? I don’t know.

I’ve been walking on this lonely street alone. Letting the winter breeze brush away my thoughts. It usually works but it failed today, failed to make me feel better. I can’t get my spirits up, thinking of Junghyuk. I haven’t seen him since I dropped him off at his apartment that day.

I stopped in front of a convenient store. I got myself two ice creams, a strawberry one and a grape flavoured one. I walked over to a bench and sat down, looking at the stars on the sky.

I unwrapped the strawberry one and started it while unwrapping the grape flavoured ice cream. I raised the grape one towards the sky.

“Hyukkie, here’s your favourite grape flavoured ice cream. Let’s eat together.”

After finishing my ice cream, I stabbed Junghyuk’s ice cream on the grass and left.

I couldn’t help but tear up when I thought of Junghyuk. I walked on the streets aimlessly. I didn’t pay attention to where I’m going. Suddenly, I heard sounds of a car honking at me and a lady screaming before realising there’s a brightly flashing at me.

I didn’t know when I fell to ground but I did. A huge force pushed me away from the road. The feeling of the metal crashing onto me never came. I am alive. I looked to where the car had stopped. There was a body lying in a puddle of blood below the car. I couldn’t see his face as his back was facing upwards but, the body was broken. That was obvious. The left leg was dissembled from the body and was lying slightly closer to the roadside. I was confused and nervous. My hand involuntarily went and turned the body around gently. I couldn’t believe my eyes. No, my mind refused to accept the truth. There in pool of blood, laid my brother, Junghyuk.

 

 

 

 

Notes: Sorry. Don't kil me please. I'm not sure whether Eric/Junghyuk will be the only casualty lol. If I'm Hyesung, I'll be so damn depressed. Want the story to have a happy ending or tragic ending? Please comment. SHINHWA CHANGJO <3