The Assignment

The Assignment

Cheaters, liars, heartbreakers, fakers, s have one thing in common. They all . So you can imagine your pain when you found herself in a assignment group with all five types of people in it. There was the cheater, Chen, who always had an extra card up his sleeve of lies, Irene the liar, she used her cuteness to get whatever she wanted, Sehun the heartbreaker, he played around with girls for a week or so then rejected them, Suho the faker, he pretended he was super rich to get all the girls and finally Tiffany the who wore things so tight and short you could've sworn she was . None of these people ever focused in class and you wondered if she was going to do this assignment by herself.
"Well guys..." you started but realised she had no idea as to how to go about doing this assignment.
"I suppose we are supposed to be talking about the work," Tiffany said slouching back into her chair obviously not interested in the problem at hand.
"Yeah," Sehun said shuffling up to Tiffany sliding his hand through his hair in an attempt to look cool.
"So... Do any of you guys actually speak English?" you asked.
"No," they all said in unison.
The actual assignment was to write a short story in English, everyone's second language, this was supposed to be difficult and was marked harshly. You were a high achiever so of course she wanted to do well in this specific assignment.
"Okay... Does anyone have any ideas for the stories plot?" you asked again.
"Do you have any ideas for the plot?" Suho countered in his stuck up rich kid voice.
"Well because the brief said that it had to be a love story I thought we could do like a girl has a crush on this guy but she could have two sides to her, a happy side and an upset side," you suggested.
"And how do you suppose we show these two sides?" Irene asked doubtfully.
"With the use of italics and change in writing style," you responded quickly.
"Well who is a smarty pants?" Sehun smirked at you.
To be quite honest you had the smallest of small crushes on Sehun. Of course he was a player but he had rare moments that you cherished, but this all evaporated when she saw him with another girl having a PDA but with no affection so just PMS (public make out session) as you like to call them.
"So are we going with (Y/N)'s idea?" Chen asked.
"Sure why not," Tiffany shrugged. She now was texting her friends on her phone.

Surprisingly everyone helped with the workload. Tiffany displayed amazing art skills and helped with the front cover while Irene was incredible at working in plot twists. Chen was really good at figuring out reasons why things and Suho was fantastic at adding descriptive language. While you and Sehun worked on putting the whole story together.
"So what should we call it?" you asked looking at your finished work.
"Let's all say one word and see where it goes," Sehun suggested.
"I," Tiffany said looking at Chen to add his word.
"Think," he said looking at Suho.
"I'm," Suho said obviously hating that he had to play this stupid game.
"In," Irene said.
"Love," Sehun finished. Suho nudged Sehun when he said this.
"I Think I'm in Love, that works," you smiled.
This assignment had made the whole group inseparable friends. They were a mix 'n' match group but they all helped each other in their own different ways. You taught Tiffany how to wear more clothes while Tiffany showed you how to wear makeup. Irene showed Chen how to play fairly while Chen showed Irene that it was easier to tell the truth. Sehun showed Suho that it was great to be yourself and Suho opened Sehun's eyes to you.
"Well done everyone especially the group who wrote 'I Think I'm in Love' who got an A+. There is now a part two to this assignment, acting," their teacher said.
There was a loud groan at the mention of acting.
"You will dramatise your story and act it out in front of the class. You are dismissed."
After school over bubble tea the group were discussing how they were going to go about performing their story.
"I think (Y/N) should be Song Jieun," Tiffany said.
"Yeah seeing as she thought of the idea," Irene agreed.
"Sehun should be the unnamed crush seeing he did a lot of work for the assignment," Chen added.
"So there are basically only two characters in this story so do we just help with changing (Y/N) quickly from one version of Song Jieun to the other?" Suho asked.
"Yup," Irene said.
"O-ok," Sehun stammered.
"I'm cool with that," you smiled. You loved acting so you didn't care if you had to act or not.

Weeks went by and it was time for the grand performance. There was a large controversy in the group, to do the kiss or not. They decided not to and to go ahead with just a hug.
"Okay let's see 'I think I'm in Love'."
The group shuffled to the front of the class preparing for their performance.
"I think I'm in love," you said and got ready for the hug.
This was when Sehun surprised her with a kiss instead of a hug. He gently placed his lips on yours bunching up her hair in his hands. He felt your hands slide up to his waist. They broke for air and were slightly embarrassed that they just kissed in front of the class.
"Saranghaeo," Sehun whispered.