Hard To Love, How To Love

Hash Pipes & Knee Socks

Notes

This is pt. 1 of a hopefully 3 piece series.

  • Taehyung is a female and in high school
  • Yoongi is no longer in school, he's working on his music but bums around.

 

 

Sometimes Taehyung likes to head over to Yoongi’s flat for a toke and hook-up, other days Yoongi visits Taehyung at her parents’ house pretending to tutor her. And sometimes they just like to cuddle in the farthest corner of the library for as long as possible. Sometimes they’re mistaken as a couple but they’re just friends, or so they say; but everyone else knows different.

Today Taehyung is walking in the opposite direction, hand in hand with Namjoon; all ‘round swaggy quarter back, AP classes, handsome and rich Kim Namjoon. Meanwhile Yoongi has his hand up some hipster wannabe’s shirt, tongue down while she’s riding him under the bleachers trying to ignore that nagging feeling he got when he saw Taehyung and Namjoon holding hands as they walked off towards the ddeokbokki shop across the school. They were supposed to hang out today, just them two; nobody else. Fifteen minutes before V sent him a text canceling their plans because Mr. Hotshot asked her out on a date, of course Yoongi encouraged her to go out because who is he to prohibit V from seeing people? It’s not like they’re dating or anything, right? -  Right.

Now half an hour later, with a wave of disgust and regret and paper cup of coffee in hand, Yoongi sits outside of Taehyung’s front porch as he waits for the latter to come home. Taehyung’s parents aren’t home right now, it’s Friday night so they’re off on their usual date, or else they would have nagged him to come inside a while ago. He wishes they were though, that way he could go up to V’s room and lay on her bed pretending everything was alright. On Fridays they would go to Sonic, eat a burger, get a shake and then turn up at some lame party that they’d eventually ditch and go back to either ones place to . Sadly the traitor was off having fun with Mr.-hottie-mc-hot pants while he was out here like an idiot.

 

The idea of going occurred to him but brushed it off in hopes of V coming any time soon. One hour later and he found out he was a pro at Papa Pear, who would’ve thought. A car zoomed down the street, and disappeared; Yoongi still sat on the porch. Half an hour has passed yet again and no sign of her, he decides to go home. It’s now around six thirty and he’s crossing the street when a shiny black BMW 3s screeches past him and stops a slight distance ahead of him. He mutters something about careless drivers being s and stupid rich people as he continues walking when a very familiar voice stops him.

“SUGA!” He turns around, seeing Taehyung run towards him, arms pumping in an over exaggerative manner like always. Her honey brown hair flowing behind her, cheeks flushed and lightly tinged as she skids to a stop bumping into his chest.

“Geez, I knew it was you, what’re you doing here? Did you barely get here? Were you going to my hou-” Yoongi simply stared at her, tuning out her noisy chatter; his stomach doing flip-flops and mind melting to mush. “-sorry I bailed on you, it’s just Namjoon finally asked me out and you know how long I’ve been waiting for this!!! Can you believe it? Kim Namjoon asked me, ME, out on date? God, I still can’t believe it!!”

“Taehyung shut the up!!” Yoongi couldn’t help himself but shout at her. All this talk about Namjoon this, Namjoon that made him mad, really mad and he couldn’t help himself. His heart tore seeing her bewildered expression, he reached out his hand to pet her head and apologize but she shifted back, pouty lips quivering. Yoongi tried to say the words he knew would make her feel better but couldn’t. The longer he took the farther she got away, backtracking to Namjoon’s car until she was safe inside.

He watched them drive away, eyes full of regret, crinkling at the sides as they looked down thinking of his actions as he walked away.

 

 

It’s been five days and Taehyung still hasn’t spoken to him. They’d usually eat lunch together, now its Wednesday and he’s sitting alone with a cold slice of pizza in front of him. The pizzeria was pretty crowded with high school students leaving campus for lunch; it was a bit comforting, the loudness. The smell of grease and slight cigarette filled the place, he inhaled and closed his eyes thinking that he’d go over to her house with her favorite chick flick, chicken strips, brownies, and even let her paint his nails as apology. A girly squeal interrupted his thoughts making him whip his head around, a scowl setting deep in his features. Namjoon had Taehyung over his shoulders and she was clinging to him for dear life. Oppa put me down!! Not until you promise you’re going to eat. Oppaaaaa. Im his mind he bravely called out that Taehyung didn’t eat unless her food was cut a certain way, that she disliked pizza and would rather eat chocolate instead of food. Yoongi kicked the chair in front of him as he stood up and shuffled past the little group, locking eyes with V. Suga’s eyes widening in anticipation and lowering in disappointment as she looked away and pretended to give Namjoon her whole attention.

“Why am I so worked up? It’s probably because we spend too much time together.” He kicked a stray napkin and shoved his hands in his pants pockets as he turned a corner then another and another until he reached his usual alley and favorite person.

“Long time no see, the usual?” He nods and hands over a rolled stack of bills and places the bag he’s just been handed back inside his jacket pocket. Casually walking back down where he came from to his apartment; ready to attempt and forget, at least for a short while, what’s been bothering him. - Kim Taehyung.