Their Time At Twenty-Eight

For Convenience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Sun rays passed through a small gap between thin dusty curtains of a run-down motel, as the smell of alcohol, sweat and, something very indecipherable…or maybe it was the smell in which would remind everyone of what exactly happened the night before. It didn’t matter, how the bed had weird looking stains or how the walls looked like it hadn’t been repainted, because the two exhausted bodies remained unconscious. Of course, how would they be able to wake up and notice how the carpet looked like they were scraped by a lawn mower or how there were cigarette butts under the bed and the trash is still very much full of packets of ‘protection’ even when they didn’t use any. It wasn’t a very beautiful place to be in but it will surely be memorable for them to see the moment they wake. 

 

And memorable it is for one of the two bodies who groaned under the covers.

 

It took all her energy to muster up the will to even get up from the squeaky bed that squeaked in time the moment she realized she didn’t know where she was. A gasp escapes her lips as she made a quick run-down of her condition. Well, it was safe to say she was as the day she was born, no doubt about that, and that it felt like she got run over by a bus. She wouldn’t doubt if that happened but all she could recall was that she and her best friend had been drinking with their group of lesbian friends, celebrating an upcoming wedding of their other best friend. So…where the hell is she and who was the other lump under the covers?

 

“I promise I’ll never, ever, drink again,” she mutters in disdain, turning towards the stranger on the bed. “Who’s this person I slept with? I thought Hwayoung was gonna drop me off at home…”

 

“Ugh! Jiyeon please shut up. I feel like my skull is about to crack and your babbling is not helping, at all,” a very familiar, and very hoarse, voice managed to tell her off.

 

Jiyeon froze in shock. Oh no she didn’t…

 

“Eun…jung…?” She murmurs, inching away from the lump under the covers, wide-eyed.

 

“Yeah, now, stop talking,” ‘Eunjung told her again, shifting under the sheets.

 

“What the…”  SLAP!  “We slept together!”

 

“Yeah, and you were so loud and you’re still loud…OW!” Another slap makes way to her body and unfortunately for her, it landed on her face. It wasn’t Jiyeon’s fault she couldn’t tell with the sheets covering Eunjung.

 

“This is so…awkward,” Jiyeon groans, kicking on her feet as she whined. “How can you be so calm about this? We’re best friends!”

 

“It’s not my fault you were too …OW!” Another slap made its way, and unfortunately for her under the sheets, Jiyeon landed the painful slap on one of her precious twins. “Seriously!”

 

Eunjung shoots up with a fiery glare towards her best friend. “Okay! I’m up! Now, what were you complaining about?”

 

“Isn’t it obvious? We should be panicking,” Jiyeon throws her a glare too as the room tensed up with the glaring battle.

 

“I believe we shouldn’t panic. It was a one-time, drunk thing. It’s nothing serious. You loved it, I enjoyed it. So what’s there to panic about?” Eunjung rolls her eyes, grumbling and still pissed off for being woken up. She loved to sleep, she totally needs the sleep but with Jiyeon slapping her everywhere, she knew she wouldn’t get it anytime soon if this wasn’t resolved.

 

She wasn’t the type to forget her drunken moments, she was the type to record it like a camera and replay it with such accuracy of every detail and that’s what Jiyeon isn’t. Her friend can forget everything and remember it days later, or her memory would be blurry. Jiyeon was very much aware of that, and surely she totally didn’t want to know the details yet and she wasn’t about to admit that she does remember some of it.

 

“Isn’t it a good thing you can’t remember anything that happened? Would you like to be reminded every day of what you did? Because you were so wild that I just couldn’t—”

 

“No! Don’t you dare tell—”

 

“—stop you from harassing me. And who am I to reject someone’s advances to sleep with me when I was too drunk and aroused—”

 

“—me the details…I don’t want to fully remember it. What I am capable of remembering is enough. YAH! STOP IT!”

 

“Really Jiyeonnie, you need to control those hormones of yours. You literally jump at anyone close by when you’re drunk.”

 

“I said stop! Eunjung,” Jiyeon screams, getting up from the bed to run into the bathroom and hides her embarrassment.

 

 Eunjung won’t be kidding at this time of day, it was morning and Eunjung hated mornings too much to even bother joking around with her. Besides, it wasn’t the first time she woke up in someone else’s bed…or in an unfamiliar hotel room.

 

Eunjung slaps her forehead in frustration. Her best friend always stresses these types of situations, she only made it worse. Jiyeon may have slept around during college but she was never the type to do that after college. It must be why she’s freaking out, because usually, if Jiyeon got into these situations she’d sneak out unless the person was worth staying for. She loves to date seriously while Eunjung is obviously the opposite with dating a lot to find the right one among those to marry.

 

She isn’t that heartless though and besides, she was just telling the truth. But she should have really just piped down. “Okay! I’m sorry! You can come out now!”

 

With tentative footsteps, the bathroom door opened to show a very flustered Jiyeon, inching slowly back to the bed where Eunjung waited with a frown. “Okay, now apologize a little more.”

 

“I’m sorry I told you the truth.”

 

“Eunjung!”

 

“What, it was the truth,” Eunjung argues as Jiyeon gave her a pointed look. “Fine, okay, we made a mistake. I’m sorry I was too drunk to think. Now, your turn”

 

“And I’m sorry for pouncing on you…I think.” Jiyeon sighs as she plops down beside her best friend, her arms reaching out to gather the clothing on the ground. “At least I’m not one to do stupid stuff when drunk, I only ually harass people.”

 

“Stupid? Excuse me, dancing on a pole isn’t stupid,” Eunjung says indignantly.

 

Jiyeon laughs. “Yeah, if it’s not then you actually look stupid doing it.”

 

“Now, are we good?” Eunjung asks carefully, earning her a nod and a small smile as she ignores the ‘stupid’ comment. “Really Jiyeon, we don’t have to be awkward about this. We made a stupid mistake. You can forget this even happened and I shall bury all those memories of you groaning and my…OW!” Eunjung immediately cradles her recently-knocked-on head, eyes piercing at her best friend who smirked as she put on her clothes.

 

“We’re late for work. Our employees would be freaking out without you helping them. We have a lot of orders to finish today, if you forgot,” Jiyeon throws Eunjung her clothes as she struggled to zip her dress, looking for her missing underwear at the same time. Eunjung groans as Jiyeon simply eyed her and she was up on her feet and moving…more like swaying really but she really couldn’t tell the difference anyway.

 

“I’ll do your paperwork today. I know you’re not up to it, seeing as you’re more hung over than I am,” Jiyeon says with a straight face, fixing her hair. Eunjung smiles up gratefully, finishing up just in time a buzzing sound alerted them both.

 

Eunjung shuffles around on the bed, looking for her phone while Jiyeon ignored her once more to fix herself up in the bathroom. Eunjung smiles in success for finding the annoying device, running a hand through her hair as she answered, “Hello?”

 

“Are you -crazed gays up?” A loud cackle suddenly invaded her ears; Hwayoung’s annoying voice simply annoyed her more than normal days. Her eyes darted around the crappy motel room and her annoyance towards the caller grew even more if it was even possible for her level of tolerance with annoying things or people.

 

“I hate you.”

 

“I know, you love me because you two got laid,” Hwayoung laughed once again. “Even if it meant with each other but...It's okay, because bottom line, you still got laid.”

 

“Seriously, if we’re to see each other, remind me to shove your head up your ?” Eunjung says, earning an amused look from Jiyeon from the bathroom and a very happy laughter from Hwayoung again.

 

“Anyway, how’d you like the room? Sorry I couldn’t find anything else. You two were going wild in the car, I just couldn’t take it anymore or else my Qri would have woken up by all the noise Jiyeon was making.”

 

“The agreement was for you take us home to our apartments, not dump us in this…this…goodness! This place looks like ,” Eunjung exclaims as she hops off the bed to see the trash. “Ugh, this is disgusting.”

 

“You really do cuss a lot when you’re hung over,” Hwayoung laughs again. Not like it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter