final.

Counting down the days to go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For how many years now, they've managed to keep everything a secret. For countless years they hid the touches, the kisses, the confessions. Everything. They disguised it as simple bromance. Shrugged their shoulders for every hot seat question and lied to every truth they were unfortunate enough to get.

But it gets tiring- hiding their entwined hands under dinner tables and under blankets, their kisses only made during short trips to the bathroom whilst everyone is snoring in their respective beds. Their confessions and words of affection whispered after the sun has set and the lights are off and they're the only ones conscious to admire how the moon's light illuminates the other's face perfectly.

 

"Are we going to do this forever, hyung?" Jimin asked him one time, his head rested on Yoongi's shoulder cautiously. Yoongi could only sigh, he looked around them; the others were busy in their own worlds, too caught up with the stress of their second world tour to pry on the two that were glued to each other.

He gave a kiss on Jimin's forehead, "Are you tired?" Jimin shook his head cutely and smiled at him, "As long as I'm with you, I'm not."

Yoongi pulled the younger closer, if that's even possible, "Then that should be enough. We'd tell them soon." He rests his head atop Jimin's, the stress and tiredness creeping up on him a bit belatedly, "I promise."

 

But it's hard when they had to make Jimin wear wigs and snapbacks or beanies, when they had to stop mid-performance because Jimin's knees buckle forward too hard he almost fell off the stage. It's hard when Bangtan has to go on hiatus because Jimin's hospital visits have been too frequent for Bighit to cover them up with mere photo updates and tons of Bangtan Bomb videos.

It's hard to lie when it's Yoongi's name Jimin has been whispering since the first time he had to stay for the night at the hospital. It's hard when all he wants to see is his hyung when he comes back from the E.R. It's even harder when the news of Jimin's condition was announced at the company and it was Yoongi, of all people, who packed up as many clothes as he can and demanded Hobeom to drive him whichever hospital Jimin was admitted in.

 

"Since when?" Namjoon whispered, hard enough for Yoongi to know he's serious but quiet enough to not wake the kid sleeping calmly between them. Yoongi's hold on Jimin's hand tightened, "...since 상남자..." The silence went on for a full minute, Yoongi waited for the blow- a punch, a stream of profanities at least, but all he got was a sigh and a shake of the head. Namjoon's stare didn't even falter and Yoongi wondered why they were so afraid.

Namjoon was just the first level of the scared game they've been playing, the others were a different one, and he expected them to be much worse but all the other kids did was go "oh, we know, the excessive amount of fan service was a giveaway."

Yoongi expected them to try and pry and ask questions but they only nodded and gave him and Jimin as much privacy they needed. They took shifts of who will guard Jimin for the week but didn't make Yoongi leave when he's always there, sitting at the stool beside the bed every single night.

 

It was a wild seven months for them, Jimin going back and forth from his room to the E.R. They managed to get Yoongi to stop spending the rest of his life inside the hospital and made him go on a trip to the mall or wherever with Taehyung and Jeongguk.

They were gone for half a day, the two kids were too hyper for him, but they made him smile and forget about the problem (but not Jimin, never Jimin) for a bit.

Yoongi, though, had not expected to go back to an empty room. Well, aside from the balloons and gifts and get well soon cards they received from the fans, it was empty. Jimin's sleeping form was not on the bed, and he burst out the door, a panicked shout for the doctor on the tip of his tongue and a second away from being released but he was instead greeted by Jimin on a wheelchair guided by a nurse.

He turns back and opened the door for them, he helped get Jimin back on the bed and watched as the nurse made some necessary examinations on Jimin before leaving with a reminder for Yoongi to not tire the kid too much and let him sleep after an hour.

He nodded and went to Jimin's side instantly, holding onto the other's hand with the promise of making the hour worth the while.

"Where have you been?" they both asked and smiled, Yoongi waited for Jimin's answer but the look on his face was not his usual happy face and Yoongi knew he brought with him news, so he opened his mouth and told him about the adventures he had with the two other kids at the arcade in the mall. He talked about how Taehyung almost broke one of the crane games and how they had to drag him out for ice cream or he will demand a refund of the fifty tokens he wasted with no luck and he had to leave with no stuffed toy in hand.

Jimin laughed, he looked so calm and so gentle yet his eyes looked too serious for those but he's still beautiful and perfect and Yoongi wonders what he did in his past life to deserve him. Jimin requested for him to continue talking but Yoongi had run out of stories. He grabbed the stacks of cards sent by the fans and read them to Jimin one by one, he had to pause a numerous amount of times to calm his heart and hide the tears by faking a coughing fit. But Jimin knew him too well and rested his hand on Yoongi's cheek, he melted at the touch right away and the action brought on a flood of tears from both their eyes.

"Where did you go? I got so scared when I came back to an empty bed." Yoongi asked, his fingers toying with the fake fringe of the wig Jimin insisted on wearing. Jimin entwined his fingers with Yoongi's, not that happy with the way Yoongi was slowly tugging the wig and beanie off his head but Yoongi only smiled and pulled it away completely. Jimin shut his eyes, he knew he was ugly without them and he could never handle seeing Yoongi's disgusted face. The elder coaxed him to opening his eyes and Jimin thinks he had never seen such love in Yoongi's eyes- as if bald and dying Jimin is the most beautiful person he'd ever seen. And Jimin believed Yoongi despite himself.

"I took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter