Love

this isn't it.

| CHAPTER 8 |

 

“Ahhh choo!”

Ailee sneezed and pulled the blanket around her tighter.

“I think you really caught a cold,” Taeyang chuckled.

The two were back at Ailee’s house for the evening, after their romantic date.

She pouted, “Isn’t it your fault for bringing me to such a cold place?”

“Yah, you’re blaming me now? I thought you said you felt warm around me!”

Ailee blushed as Taeyang repeated her words from before, muttering a soft “whatever”.

Taeyang sat down beside Ailee on the couch and took her hands into his, warming them.

“I can’t let my princess feel cold, can I?” Taeyang smiled, “I ordered take out from a really good restaurant, it’ll be delivered soon, just rest for a while yea?”

“You’re going to force me to eat a lot aren’t you?”

“Bingo! I’ll make you healthy for me to spoil and love!”

Taeyang happily said, then whipped out his phone and started typing, “I’ll text the members to tell them I won’t be home soon,” he mumbled, “We were supposed to have dinner together.”

Ailee’s eyes widened, “A-ah? You should go with them then! I’ll be fine, how can you miss a group dinner for me?”

Taeyang put his hand on her shoulder, “It’s fine, they’ll understand. I’m going to the washroom for a while.”

He put down his phone beside Ailee and walked away.

A few notifications came up on his phone, all from BIGBANG’S group chat. Just then, there was a call from Seungri.

“Oppa! Seungri is calling!” Ailee yelled.

“You can help me answer it!” Taeyang replied.

Ailee panicked at the responsibility that Taeyang gave her all of a sudden to communicate with his group member.

She fumbled with his phone to pick up the call.

“Yo-yoboseyo,” Ailee answered carefully.

“Ah? Ah! Sister in law!” Seungri seemed a little too excited as he realised who was on the other end of the phone, “Hyung isn’t there?”

Ailee’s face flushed at the mention of the phrase ‘sister in law’.

“O-oh, hello sunbaenim! Taeyang’s in the washroom…would you like to tell him anything? I can pass on the message!”

Seungri laughed, and Ailee could hear quite a few chuckles in the background as well.

“No, no! We just wanted to about abandoning us for his new girlfriend! Taeyang is sure quick in his actions! Well then, please enjoy your dinner. We won’t disturb you anymore!” Seungri quickly ended the conversation on purpose and hung up.

Ailee put down the phone, not knowing what to do.

At that moment, Taeyang walked out from the bathroom.

“What did he say?”

“Well…he just asked us to enjoy our dinner…haha,” Ailee replied awkwardly.

Taeyang smirked, “He must have said something weird. Don’t mind him, he’s always like that!”

Ding dong

“Ah, the take-out is here!”

Taeyang excitedly jumped up and hurried towards the door.

“Thank you!” He brought the food in and set it up on the table in front of the couch.

“Seolleongtang and samgyetang! Eat more , jagiya, so that you’ll be healthy and well soon~”

Ailee’s heart was warmed by Taeyang’s thoughtful words and picked up a spoon.

“I’ll start the movie first? So we can watch while we eat?” Taeyang looked at Ailee for approval. She nodded with a smile.

Ailee had adorably forced Taeyang to watch her favourite Disney movie, Cinderella, with her.

The movie had a message that she really liked- no matter what kind of hardship you go through, you can always end up with your dreams coming true.

She expected Taeyang to refuse her somewhat childish request, but instead, he chuckled and agreed to it without a second thought.

They then agreed that they would watch a movie that Taeyang picked afterwards.

The couple quickly finished their meal as both of them were starving after a day’s event together.

Taeyang even decided to clean up the tables in order to let Ailee continue to watch the movie.

“Oppa, you’re really ‘boyfriend material’ aren’t you?” Ailee teased.

Taeyang felt shy at her compliment but replied with a confident tone, “Now you know that you’re lucky to have me?”

Ailee giggled and threw Taeyang a hug. She smiled, glad that she was now with him.

The two just started dating, but somehow, it seemed like they’ve known each other forever, and were closer than ever.

The first movie soon ended and Taeyang grabbed the TV remote control to select another movie.

Just as he decided on one, Ailee’s phone rang.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Yejin ah, Amber’s in the hospital now, you may want to come see her soon?”

It was Victoria.

Somehow, Amber got into a car accident and got hurt.

Ailee didn’t know how serious it was, nor did she know if her friend was okay.

She quickly hung up. All that was on her mind was to visit Amber herself.

“What happened? Do you need to go somewhere?” Taeyang asked, concerned as Ailee suddenly stood up and headed to her room.

Ailee stopped for a second.

“Yea, Amber got into an accident. I need to go.”

Taeyang’s eyes widened at the news of a fellow idol’s accident, but he quickly snapped back into reality.

“Right. Go get ready, I’ll send you there.”

Taeyang got up as well, and grabbed his car keys.

Ailee threw on some casual wear and was ready to go.

“Oppa, are you sure about this? You could stay here.”

Taeyang dismissed her worries, “It’s fine. You need to get there fast. Besides, your friend is my friend now.”

Ailee gave a tight smile and unlocked the door, hastily making her way out.

It was worrying to see Ailee in such a state.

With a concerned expression washed over his face, Taeyang followed closely behind.

| THE END |