Kai.

Us.

Kyungsoo doesn't have a grasp over Kai. All he has are remnants of Jongin. He thought he'll always have Jongin by his side.


"It was nice following you all this time, hyung... but I'm getting real tired of this. I'm tired of being your shadow. I've been waiting for the time I would walk beside you but I guess that's never going to happen."

"But–"

"Save it, /D.O-sshi./ I don't need your pity."

"Jongina–"

"Kai. My name is Kai."

"Jongin–" Kyungsoo tries again but Kai's lips crash on his before he can even finish his sentence.

Kai makes this moment last for a lifetime. He pours all his emotions to the kiss. He makes sure Kyungsoo will feel everything. He makes Kyungsoo taste all the tears he has wept.

And just when Kyungsoo starts to return his kisses, he lets go.

Just like that.

Kai would go on with his life. He acts as if he never was in love with Kyungsoo. That Kyungsoo never happened. The person he knows is D.O, there was never a Do Kyungsoo, nor a Kim Jongin. They're just Kai and D.O, friends–no, colleagues. Nothing more.

Kyungsoo would try to pull him back.

"I need Jongin. Kai? Are you ing kidding me? Who the hell is Kai?"

"I'm Kai, D.O-sshi. Remember? Don't forget that."

"I'm going to wait until Jongin is back. Until /you/ bring my Kim Jongin back."

Kai snorts at this. He's the very reason why Jongin is left buried somewhere in the backyard of Kai's mind. And now he dares to actually look for him?

"/Your/ Kim Jongin? Stop kidding yourself."

He doesn't give Kyungsoo the chance to pull him back. He's already gone. There's no way back.

"Please, Jongina," Kyungsoo begs. "One more time. One more night. Be my Jongina again."

Kai's face softens with Kyungsoo's pleas. He approaches him, looking like the innocent, fragile Kim Jongin he used to be. He takes Kyungsoo's hands in his and looks at him like he did way back.

"Hyung," his voice is tender, quiet. He lifts Kyungsoo's chin and he closes the space between them. Kyungsoo's heart beats fast in anticipation. He can feel Kai's breath on his lips...


but that's all he gets. Kai has pushed him to the ground now.

"It hurts waiting for something that'll never happen, right?" Kai smirks.

The end.