The Last Game in Summer

The Last Game in Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who are you?” Kai asked.

Kai is a free spirit, he have the freedom to change his future, but he is not like Kai, he is different from Kai, because Luhan’s life had been decided from the start.

“What do you mean?” Luhan asked.

“You are so beautiful.” Kai said. “Is everyone in China like you?”

“Like me?” Luhan said.

“Beautiful…” Kai said as he looked at Luhan’s eyes. “Have amazing eyes…” then Kai caressed Luhan’s right cheek. “You have soft skin…”

Luhan can’t help but to freeze, he was just playing basketball when suddenly someone get the ball from him and asked him who is he.

Luhan noticed that the guy is looking at his lips. “You have lovely lips…” the guy said, when the guy was about to lean on to Luhan, he pushed him away.

“W-what are you doing!” Luhan said as he looked at the guy.

“I’m just going to kiss you…” Kai said with a smile on his face.

“Huh?” Luhan said. “You’re crazy, ert.” then Luhan threw the towel to him.

 

After that, Luhan left, he left Kai who are crazily smiling to him.

 

~

 

Luhan came back to his sister’s café, he noticed that it was not opened but it is still noon, so he immediately went inside and he saw his sister cooking at the kitchen of her café with his mom baking.

“Oh, son you are here.” Mrs. Lu said. “I’ve been waiting for you.”

“Who’s coming?” Luhan asked as he walked towards the fridge to get some water.

“Oh, my friend’s son will come here.” Mrs. Han said.

“He is a cutie I may say.” Luna said.

“As if…” Luhan said. “Ah mom… the sky was dark by the time I came home so—“

“WHAT!!!” Mrs. Lu said. “You should have told me, what if the rain pours down and Jongin is on his way.”

“You didn’t ask me.” Luhan said.

“Whatever!” Mrs. Lu said then she dropped the whisk on the sink and she was about to pull her apron away but then she realized something. “I’m about to make my special strawberry shortcake!”

“Mom! If we don’t hurry, Jongin will be—“ then Luhan noticed Luhan standing there watching them. “YOU!” she pointed to Luhan.

“What?” Luhan asked in a monotone voice.

“Go and fetch him.” Luna commanded and that made Luhan surprised.

“WHAT? NO!” Luhan said. “I don’t want to, what if the rain pours down and I am outside? I have a game—“

“You’ll fetch him or you won’t eat for the rest of the week?” Luhan made Luhan choose.

“That’s unfair, sis!” Luhan claimed. “And what if I can’t find him?”

“Here’s the number of him.” Luna said giving him a paper. “And you can distinguish him from everyone else, he is a Korean.”

“What—“ Luhan said. “Are you for real, sis?”

“Yup, now go fetch him.” Luna said.

 

~

 

Luhan can’t say no, if his sister told him to, he had no other choice but to accept it because Luna is a nagger and she will tell you everything to the point that you can’t refuse her. “Whatever.” Luhan said as he saves the number. He immediately changed his clothes and grabbed the nearest umbrella so he can have plenty of time to look for Jongin.

“So now… where is he?” Luhan said as he looked at the big city of Beijing.

Luhan looked around to the famous spots in Beijing, since his mom said that before going to their house, Jongin will look around the famous spots in Beijing. But maybe it wasn’t his day today, since he can’t find him. He stopped at the bus stop where it would take him home when he noticed the same guy sitting under the shed.

“Oh, hello Ms. Beautiful.” Kai said. “I thought I would never see you again.”

“What are you doing here?” Luhan asked. “And please don’t call me, Ms. Beautiful—“

“Then don’t call me YOU. I have a name and it is Kai.” Kai said giving him goofy smile to Luhan.

“Whatever, I am Luhan and for your information I am a boy.” Luhan was surprised when Kai went to him and grabbed both of his arms. “W-What—“

Kai looked at him in his eyes. “You’re a guy?”

Luhan didn’t seem to process what happening because he was shocked when Kai grabbed him fast, but then he realized what Kai said and he is insulted by that so he pushed Kai away.

“Are you insulting my manly features?” Luhan asked.

“Ah… no… it’s just… I just thought you’re a flat-chested.” Kai said.

“When you saw me I am playing basketball, do girls even play that?” Luhan said then some girls passed by telling each other how fun is to play basketball then Luhan blushed because of embarrassment.

“Ah… let’s just pretend I didn’t hear what you said.” Kai said then he looked at the sky.

“Whatever!” Luhan said.

 

A moment of silence had past and the bus is still not coming. “Why are you here anyway?” Kai asked.

“Huh?” Luhan said. “Do I look like a tourist here?”

“I am not saying about like that, I’m just asking you what are you doing here?” Kai said.

“I should be at home but because of my mom’s visi—“ Luhan realized something. “OH my!”

“What?” Kai asked as he looked at Luhan who is panicking by that time, he wanted to laugh at Luhan but he can’t since he can’t tell the man’s attitude, he can’t afford to be thrown away by him again.

“I have to call him.” Luhan said as he looked at his contacts.

“Who? Your boyfriend?” Luhan looked at him with an angry face. “I-I’m sorry, I mean your friend that is a boy?”

“No, our visitor.” Luhan said then he called the number given to him by his sister.

After few rings he got in finally, he heard Kai’s phone (maybe) rang, he sighed he can’t talk to Jongin if Kai begun talking to his phone so he moved away a bit.

“Hello?” Luhan was surprised when he heard his voice then he looked at Kai who was smiling at him again. “Are you an idiot?!”

“Nope.” Kai said.

“U-Urgh!!! You know what?! You are so annoying.” Luhan said but when he saw Kai’s smile his anger was washed away as easy as that.

 

After waiting for so long the bus came, Luhan entered first and sat near the window then Kai followed him smiling to him. “Hey can I sit there?” Kai asked.

“No, I usually sit here.” Luhan said coldly.

“But? Can I—“

“Can you please stop acting like a child?” Luhan said.

“Why are you so mad at me?” Kai asked then he sat down besides Luhan.

“I am not mad at you; I am just angry at you because I should be at home sleeping but then you came and mess up my day.” Luhan said.

“Wow… what did I do?” Kai asked.

“You are our visitor, dammit.” Luhan had enough. “I supposed to fetch you somewhere.”

“You did fetch me, see? I am here.” Kai said.

“Ca—“ Luhan was surprised when Kai pushed his face near to Luhan face so Luhan back off but Kai moved his face forward. “W-What are doing?”

“You looked so stress.” Kai said then he put his hands at Luhan’s cheeks. “Here, smile.” Then Kai used his thumbs to pull the end of Luhan’s lips upward so it looks like he is smiling. “There, you look more beautiful when you are smiling.”

Luhan slapped his hands away. “What are you doing? You know it is annoying.” Luhan coldly said.

“Can you please blush a little?” Kai said.

 

Luhan kept quiet for a while, after what Kai told him. Luhan looked at the window and he saw Kai’s reflection there sleeping. He remembered what Kai did to him, he is not a girl, but what Kai did to him made him blush, and he doesn’t even know why. He looked at Kai then he noticed Kai’s face, Luhan moved to look at Kai’s face but then the bus stopped.

“Last stop.” The driver said then Kai woke up, he saw Luhan looking at the window, which is unknown to Kai blushing by his action.

 

“Hey!” Kai said. Luhan didn’t hear that so he just grabbed Luhan’s hand and that made Luhan surprise and the two of them (with Kai being in the lead and not letting go of Luhan’s hand) was thrown out under the rain so Luhan open the umbrella. “Thank goodness you have an umbrella.”

“Yes, I do have.” Luhan said then he started walking ahead of Kai, so Kai was left under the pouring rain. “Walk straight and that’s where you can find our—“ Luhan was surprised when Kai suddenly grabbed his hand so that the two of them are sharing the umbrella.

“That’s rude of you.” Kai commented. “You should not let me get soaked.”

“H-Huh?” Luhan was still in shocked, looking at Kai’s hand wrapped around his hand, while the two of them are walking.

“You are so dense.” Kai said while laughing at the reactions of Luhan. “But I think you are cute that way.”

Luhan blushed when he heard the word cute. “D-Don’t call me CUTE! I am not a girl.”

Kai laughed. “Well, not only girls have the privilege to be called cute you know.”

“B-But I didn’t give you the permission to call me cute.” Luhan claimed.

“Then how should I call you?” Kai stopped from walking, making Luhan stopped from walking also, then Kai looked at Luhan, making Luhan insides to jump. “Can I call you beauty?”

“W-Wha—“ Luhan said. “J-Just call me Luhan.”

“Sure…” Kai smiled and looked at Luhan. “Luhan.” Then Luhan felt his stomach flipped the moment he saw Kai’s smile and he don’t know why, again.

 

“Why is he making my heart beat so fast and how can he flip my stomach?” Luhan thought while looking at Kai’s face. “Luhan you just met him, how can he change your life?”

 

~

 

Luhan opened the door and was surprised when he saw his sister and his mom on the doorway of their house. “I thought you are both in the kitchen.” Luhan said.

“Where is he?” Luna asked.

“Who?” Luhan said.

“Where is Jongin?” Mrs. Lu said.

“Ahh—“ then the door opened revealing Kai who is partly wet because of the rain. Luhan saw how his mom and sister’s eyes lit up and it made him smile, unknown to him Kai is looking at him and he smiled when he saw Luhan smiling.

“You are Jongin?” Mrs. Lu asked.

“Yes, ma’am.” Kai said. “But, I prefer calling myself Kai since that is what my mother usually calls—“

“How about we eat now?” Luhan said crossing his hands in the front of his chest.

 

Mrs. Lu agreed at the suggestion of Luhan and the four of them went to the café of Luna. Kai is very happy when he looked at the foods because most of them are chicken and that is his favorite, when he looked at Luhan who is sitting beside him, he was surprised that Luhan also like chicken like him, when he asked if that is his favorite, Mrs. Lu was the one who replied and told Kai that it is also Luhan’s favorite and Kai said that it was also his favorite and laugh.

 

~

 

After their dinner, Luhan was about to go to his room when his mom called him. “What?” Luhan said.

“It’s just for a meantime.” Mrs. Lu said.

“No way!” Luhan said. “You know I don’t like it when someone is in my room or even in my bed.”

“But we can’t let Kai sleep on the—“

“No, I am okay with it.” Kai said. “I am used to sleep there since I always do my homeworks in our living room.”

“B-But…” Mrs. Lu said. “What if you get a cold in sleeping there… or have a fever because of coldness… then your mom might—“

“Fine.” Luhan said having enough of his mom. “I’ll let him sleep in my room, for the meantime.”

Luhan’s mom smiled and hugged him. “Thank you!!! You are so awesome son.”

“Mom, please don’t use the word awesome, it’s not… helping me.” Luhan said then he looked at Kai who is smiling at them then he just looked away so that he can keep to himself that he is blushing.

 

~

 

Kai was surprised when he saw Luhan’s room, it is neither big nor small, it is fine with two people in it. “You have an awesome room.” Kai commented when he looked around.

“Thank you.” Kai saw Luhan pulling some comforter on his cabinet.

“Is that for me? That is so sweet I may say.” Kai asked then Luhan opened it and place it in the big space besides his bed.

“You’ve heard it right? I don’t let anyone sleep on my bed and please don't get so full of yourself.” Luhan said. “This should be fine for you.”

“Hey.” Kai said.

“What now?” Luhan said.

“Can I borrow this one?” Kai pulled a deer stuff toy at Luhan’s collection by the window. “This looks like you.”

Luhan blushed and turned around. “Whatever.” Then he went to his bed. “If you are down with your sightseeing, can please turn off the lights and sleep already.”

Kai laughed and did what exactly what Luhan said, he turned off the lights and went to the bed. “You know…” Kai started. “This is my first time leaving home… and I am surprised how big the world is, I thought the world is small… but here I am amazed at how big the world is.”

“You are lucky…” Luhan commented as he buried his face in his blanket.

“What do you mean?”

“You have the chance to explore the world, while me… I am stuck here… forever.” Luhan said.

“Maybe… maybe not…” Kai said. “But if I had to choose between exploring the world or being besides you? I’ll choose to lock up besides you.”

Luhan sat up when Kai said that and he saw Kai sitting on his comforter, hugging the deer between his arms that holing his feet together, smiling at him again. Luhan thanked Kai in his mind for switching the lights off earlier, because he knew he is blushing so hard right now, he grabbed the nearest pillow to him and threw it to Kai and Kai laughed. “Whatever! Sleep you are just tired.” Luhan said.

“I am not.” then Luhan heard some moving sounds and he closed his eyes.

Unknown to Luhan, Kai is lucky to Luhan’s blushing face because the moonlight is making the beauty in front him glow. “Goodnight.” Kai said and he heard Luhan replied with hmmm.

 

~

 

“KAI!!!” Luhan was forced again by his sister to wake Kai up and bring him wherever Luhan is going, that means he need to bring Kai anywhere he will go for the rest of the day. “YAAAAAAH!!!!”

Kai slightly moved, Luhan find it cute but then he remembered his goal and that is to wake Kai up. “YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!” Luhan shouted. Kai didn’t budge for a second until he put his hand upward and accidentally pulled Luhan closer to him. Luhan was surprised by Kai’s action because Kai pulled his waist making him land on Kai’s top and his hands were on Kai’s chest. Suddenly the door opened revealing Luna seeing them.

“O-Oh I am—“

“N-No!!!” Luhan said while struggling at Kai’s hands until he realized he fail and he looked at his sister. “Hey sis, help me please?”

Luna smiled to him and help him up. “What are you doing?” Luna asked.

“I’m just waking him up because I need to go to my basketball practice.” Luhan said.

“Oh, but it is not what I saw.” Luna . “I saw you being on top—“

“No!!!” and with that shout, it made Kai woke up and looked at the siblings that was in front of him.

“Oh look, your prince woke up already.” Luna said then she left the room but before that she gave Luhan a wink.

“I didn’t know you are so loud in the morning.” Kai said then Luhan knelt down so he can fix the pillows that Kai used.

“I didn’t know you are hard to wake up, I should have known you are a heavy sleeper.” Luhan said.

“Hey…” Kai said as he grabbed something to his back. “Can I take a picture of you?” Kai asked.

“Huh?” Luhan was puzzled at the request Kai made.

“Whatever… just look at me?” then Luhan looked at Kai and was surprised when there’s a flash that followed it and Kai smiled. “Perfect.”

“What perfect?” Luhan said then he saw Kai’s holding a camera. “Oh no! Delete that!”

“No, I will not.” Kai said.

Luhan went to Luhan to grab the camera but Kai kept on keeping the camera away from Luhan which made Luhan stretch his hands further. “Give me that!”

“No I will not.” Kai said.

“Give it to me!”

“No.”

“Yes you are giving me that!”

“I’m sorry but I won’t.” Kai said.

 

Both of them stopped when they heard a cough behind them and saw that it was Luna, asking if the two of them can clean up so that they can eat breakfast already. Luhan was blushing hard because for the second time his sister saw him doing childish thing with Kai but Kai, on the other side just laugh.

 

“Why is he always laughing?” Luhan thought.

 

~

 

Luhan’s mom told Luhan, after his basketball practice, he and Kai can go around Beijing so that Kai won’t be bored in the house. Luhan, without any choice, accepted the offer to him by his mother. Kai smiled and gladly went with Luhan.

Luhan told Kai to just wait at the bench since he will be practicing for their summer game, when Kai asked Luhan why is he practicing for that Luhan told him that it will be his last summer game to he need to give eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter