Finally

Where We Went

Hey guys! Guess what, I'm with my friend here, Choi Minho and we're going.. uhh.. Minho hyung? Where are we going?

 

Taemin was talking infront of his camera and I don't even know why until he aimed the camera on my face. Faking a smile to his Subscribers on Youtube, I covered the lenses and told him to stop the recording. It's not like I hate cameras or anything. It just that.. I feel like i was lying to the people who would watch the video. 

Because clearly, I'm not "just a friend".

 

Taemin didn't ask anything about why I asked him not to record but I felt this strange feeling. Watching the road and having occasional glances on Taemin taking photos of sceneries we passed, I felt so distant from him. Is this what the geographic location did to us in those past years? It felt hard to fill that million kilometer gap between us.

I mean, sure, we had a little to hot reunion on my office just earlier but that was just because we thought we missed each other and we both know we still have those feelings for each other and ofcourse, I still love him. But it was still hard to catch up on the taemin just inches away from me. Aside from the changes I see while I drive this convertible car going nowhere, his height, his hair, his weight, his sense of fashion, aside from that, I don't know what else changed in him.

I don't know if he still likes to eat ice cream whenever he can't sleep. I don't know if he still keeps odd souvenirs where ever he goes. I don't know if he still has fears of sleeping. I don't know if his skin is still sensitive and gets rashes from going under the sun for a long time. I don't know if he still uses that brand of shampoo. If he ever had a girlfriend or boyfriend in Hawaii. Thinking of it right now, I felt more distant from him. I don't know if I know him anymore.

 

***

Honestly, I don't know where I would take him. I just dragged him out of my building on impulse and now I don't know if I would ever stop this car. I'd been driving aimlessly for three hours straight now. I just hope an idea would pop in my head because damn it, I was running out of gas and there's no gas station to be found anywhere.

I decided to drive until where ever the last drop of gas I had would take us. Maybe that would be an excuse to talk and catch up. Maybe I--

"Minho.." would be able to actually fill the gap that was seperating us.

"Hmm?" I looked his way and saw the irritation that was starting to form in his beautiful face. He was hiding his hands inside his backpack and bowing his head.

"Can you.. the roof.." My eyes widened at the sight of him. He was trying to cover his skin? Why? Is he still.. 

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. . ." The roof sheltered us from the heat of the sun as I stopped the car on the side of the road. I turned to him as he revealed his hands. No wonder he was wearing a hoodie despite the glaring sun of summer.

I took his arms and searched for other red marks although I wouldn't know what I'd do to erase them. I was worried. And yet I don't know what to do.

After all the times we were together, this was the first time I screwed on him and that's why I don't know what to do. When we were kids, I kept in mind what was the things that would cause him trouble and made sure it would be avoided. I was so protective of him back then because I knew everything about him. And now I'm screwing because I already know nothing about him.

I panicked, the feeling of guilt and regret over the matter swallowing me. "I'm so sorry, please tell me what to do!" I kissed the back of his hands, feeling worser than losing a multi-million dollar contract. I didn't even notice because I was so focused on the road and other things like where to go.

But suddenly, he chuckled. A little sound of happiness that turned into a beautiful laugh. I don't get why he was laughing, seriously. But that was beautiful and not expected. "I'm fine, get over it. It's not like I'd die with this."

"Oh. But.. Why are you laughing?" he flashed that smile that made me think twice if what infront of me was a human or a goddess.

"You're so worked up on me. I miss seeing you like that over me being troubled. You.. still care." He looked away, being the most adorable human being to ever grace the universe as he smile and blush infront of me. Blieve me, it's so hard to hold back and not kiss the motherer to oblivion.

 ***

I ran out of gas at a road where it all looked familiar. before I knew where we ended, Taemin was happily jumping and squealing. "Minho! This is your family's vacation house, right? oh god, I always wanted to be here! Your mom promised me this but it never really happened and now.. I'm so happy, Min--"

Don't smile so beautifully, please. My heart. It's going to break at any moment now.

I kissed him. I don't know what has gotten in me but i just felt the urge to kiss him to stop him from being so pretty. My heart felt like escaping my rib cage. When he smile, it gets to excited and beats so fast, it hurts.

"Yeah, you're welcome."

***

 

I was waiting for him to get out of the house and meet me on the seashore as I spread a blanket I got from the untouched cabinets of the vacation house. It's been so long since it was put to use but it still smells nice so it was fine. I laid, not really knowing what to do until he came with those tempting chest. I'm really going to own that tonight.

The sun was setting as he pulled me  into the waters.

"Don't you want to tell me anything?" he asked as I gave him a piggy back and watched the sun set. We were still in water and it reached to my chest as he placed his chin on my shoulder.

"I.. no. I don't want to ruin this moment." My questions would have to wait. because although I still have doubts if I still hold his heart and if we could still work this relationship, I also don't want to ruin this perfect moment of just having him near me.

"Is that so? alright. Just listen. I don't know if this ever bugs you or if this is the reason why you're being so distant and cautious. Or if you even give a . But I want you to know that I will look for ice cream later because I'm still jet lagged and I will be stealing jars from the cabinet to fill it with sand and shells as souvenir. I will stick with you wherever you sleep tonight because I still don't like sleeping alone and yes, I'm still a vampire." he chuckles at his own joke and I can't help but to smile. He was assuring me that he still hasn't changed much.

"So I just want to ask... Am I.. Your boyfriend or.. haha! I look like a desperate idiot right now but I--" I see.. so he doesn't even know after all those years. I cupped his cheeks and kissed him, closing my eyes as I make him feel what the answer is.

Yes, you are my boyfriend. Isn't it obvious?

Ibroke the kiss and held him by the waist. "I hope you didn't cheat on me while you were in Hawaii." I smiled at his bewildered face. His eyes were wide and I don't know if it's the sunset or is he blushing.

"Ofcourse not! I.. Even though our feelings weren't clear even after I went to Hawaii, I still left my heart with you here. I didn't have time to fall in love there because I was busy finishing school so I can get back to you sooner. I was so lonely and i was hoping that you weren't with other girls aswell. I made dance choreography videos, hoping you would watch them and think of me. They were always for you, Minho."

Damn. I'm so going to marry him.

****

 

After taking a shower and getting dressed, I looked for Taemin, only to find him having his ice cream and looking out of the glass walls and admiriong the sea at dark. He looked like a kid with the spoon stuck in his mouth as he just sits on the floor. I turned the lights off and went near to hug him.

"Having a fiest on your own, huh?" There was three bowls of ice cream on his side as he sheepishly smiles and gives me an offer.

"You like?" He took the spoon out of his mouth and scooped a portion to offer me. This was so long time ago when we were still in middle school. We'd be having indirect kisses on eating utensils and water bottles without having the people around accusing that we're gay. It was a thrilling experience to not let them show that there was something going on between us. They just thought we were tooclose to do such things. But looking back now, I realized that it became a habit and never went away.

I gladly took the offer and my mouth lingered a little too long on the spoon. 

 

Taemin's POV

It's my first time.

Yes, I did a lot of making out with Minho but we still haven't put that "thing" in yet. I was too scared to try and that's why I would always stop when we were getting to that part.

I woke up and felt arms wrapping me and shielding me from the sunlight that came from the glass windows.

That feels nice. To be able to come back and be in his arms, finally.