Prologue: The Dark

The Broken and The Blessed

Surrounded by light are those made of darkness. They scorned those made of the light for being so pure and believed that life was not complete without at least a little chaos. Most of the beings dwelling in the light were tenebrous in nature and tended to prefer solitude rather than company. Machiavellianism was popular causing frequent changing of rulers until recently when a shadow going by the name of Erebus took control of the realm. Erebus took the title of Suzerain and ruled so strictly that nobody was willing to oppose him.

 

Despite Suzerain Erebus’ strict rule, there were very few regulations throughout the realm, other than those to ensure that there would be no change in power. Because of this the inhabitants did pretty much whatever they wanted to. They had almost no obligations to the realm and were often left to their own devices. The inhabitants of this realm were often very distrustful resulting in very few friendships, and even fewer true friendships. Most were false and the participants would often turn on their companion when the opportunity presented itself.


 

“Sadistic bastard.”

 

“Only for you.”

 

“I’m going to kill you one day I swear.”

 

“I’d like to see you try.”

 

“Is that a challenge?”

 

“I don’t know, is it?”

 

“You’re walking along a thin line, it would be a shame if you were to get hurt.”

 

“If anyone is going to get hurt it will be you!”

 

“Oh please, I think we all know that I’m a much better fighter than you.”

 

“Keep thinking that.”

 

“Just ask anyone, I can easily kick your !”

 

“Please, they just feel sorry for you. In reality I can take you down in seconds.”

 

“I could kill you instantaneously, remember? What can you do Dragon Boy?”

 

“I fly. I know you aren’t the most intelligent being to ever exist, but really, can your memory be that bad? I didn’t think it was possible to reach this level of stupidity, but you are full of surprises, aren’t you?”

 

“You just signed your death warrant, you freak of nature.”

 

“I’m the freak of nature? Have you seen yourself?”

 

“Nobody likes you!”

 

“Scathing.”

 

“URGH!”

 

The insults and threats from the two males carried through the air, their friends just enjoying the show. Nobody made a move to stop either one of them. Their eyes were set in glares and their mouths in smirks, taunting the other one into action. The taller male eventually won, the shorter boy giving in and charging at the other. Finally, seeing the danger, the other boys stepped in to stop him. While two of them held him back another one stepped up to diffuse the situation.

 

“Don’t do this Tao. I’m in no mood to treat any wounds, so you’ll be on your own if you get hurt.”

 

One of the boys who was spectating the event had not stood up with the others and had a bored look in his eyes. He looked lazily up at the commotion in front of him before saying something.

 

“Oh come on Lay, it was just getting good. Don’t be such a killjoy.”

 

“Shut up Chen, you’re just going to make things worse than they already are.”

 

Although the boy’s words were meant to be cautionary his eyes remained emotionless throughout the conversation. Picking up on the boy’s feelings towards the situation, or lack thereof, a smirk quickly grew on his face as well.

 

“Something tells me you don’t really care about what happens Xiumin.”

 

“You would be correct.”

 

Hearing this, the other boy who was restraining the angered male promptly released him.

 

“If none of us really care what happens, then I’m not going to waste my energy trying to stop it.”

 

“Luhan’s right, I mean really, who cares if he kicks the out of Kris anyways?”

 

With this being said Xiumin also released Tao, leaving him to once again charge at the taller male.

 

“Wow, thanks guys, I can really feel the love.”

 

“You brought this upon yourself Kris.”

 

“And there is no such thing as love.”


 

The six boys were once again gathered together, one of them now covered in bruises and glaring at all the others.

 

“Don’t look at us like that Kris, we all know Tao is the best fighter out of all of us, you shouldn’t have encouraged him to attack you if you didn’t want to get hurt.”

 

Now focusing his glare on Luhan he quickly responded to the accusation.

 

“Still, somebody could at least help me with the injuries.”

 

“If I remember correctly I specifically told you both that I was not in the mood to deal with any injuries. So you’re on your own with this one.”

 

Out of all the boys in the area not one of them felt any sympathy for the injured male. Not that they were even capable of such a feeling anyways.

 

“Hey, if you want to taunt me again I’d be happy to kick your a second time.”

 

“Please, it’s not like you escaped unscathed.”

 

“It’s just a few scratches, they should be fine in a few days. You, however, will be sore for quite awhile.”

 

“Shut up Panda Boy.”

 

“Scathing.”

 

Kris sent another glare in the direction of the younger; hearing the mocking tone in his voice as he mimicked what had been used against him earlier that day.

 

“Maybe I’ll just kill you in your sleep.”

 

“Even in my sleep I would beat you.”

 

“Cocky much?”

 

“Is there a reason for me not to be, hyung?”

 

Tao says the word as more of an insult than a sign of respect.

 

“I think you’re forgetting what happened before the fight, dongsaeng.”

 

“Go to Hell Kris.”

 

“Aren’t I already there?”

 

Now it was Tao that was glaring at Kris. The other boys began to whisper amongst themselves, the two were too busy bickering to notice.

 

“Are they really going to fight again?”

 

“They’re stupid and impulsive, what do you expect?”

 

“I hope they fight again, it’s always entertaining. Granted, it would be more interesting if they were more evenly matched. It’s no fun if it’s not a two-way struggle. Total domination in a fight is boring.”

 

“I think you’re the sadistic one Chen, not Kris.”

 

“Aren’t we all at least a little bit sadistic though?”

 

“Speak for yourself Xiumin, I’m a ing angel.”

 

“Sure you are Luhan, whatever makes you feel better about yourself.”

 

“Is that sarcasm I sense Kim Minseok?”

 

“Now it’s you that’s going to get your kicked.”

 

“I think we can all agree I would win that fight.”

 

“Didn’t Xiumin win the last time you guys fought?”

 

“Shut up Chen.”

 

“I’m surrounded by idiots.”

 

After that comment all three of them turned to glare at the speaker before chorusing a, “Shut the hell up Lay,” and returning their attention to the bickering duo in front of them. After rolling his eyes Lay’s attention also returned to the scene unfolding before them.

 

“How many times do I have to say it?! It doesn’t matter what happened before the fight! All that matters is that I won! I kicked your and you’re just too much of a to admit it!”

 

“Please, I let you win so you wouldn’t feel bad about yourself. It didn’t even hurt!”

 

“You were just complaining about how Lay didn’t heal you!”

 

The volume of their fight had been growing steadily since it had commenced, to the point that Tao was practically screaming at the last comment. However, hearing his last comment every single one of the boys fell silent and quickly sent their glares at him, once again responding in sync.

 

“Shut the up Tao!”

 

Hearing this Tao’s eyes widened, confusion flashing in them until Luhan, who was now seething with anger, decided to enlighten him on what he had done wrong.

 

“Are you ing insane!? Don’t just go screaming like that! Who knows what will happen if people find out what we can do! I don’t know about everyone else, but as much as this life , I’d rather not lose it. If you’re going to be a moron, don’t drag the rest of us down with you! So, unless you really want to die, shut up.”

 

Realizing his mistake Tao quickly scoffed at the others.

 

“Don’t overreact. Nobody else is around anyways. Just because you guys can’t take care of yourselves doesn’t mean I should protect you.”

 

“Well if you’re so capable why don’t you go and tell everyone about your little secret, hmm?”

 

“Psh, I don’t have a death wish thank you very much! I’d rather let Kris beat me up than let those bastards kill me.”

 

Smirks grew on the other’s faces at the maknae’s response.

 

“Oh? But I thought you were capable of ‘taking care of yourself.’ Are you not strong enough to take on the rest of the realm?”

 

“Alright, alright, you’ve made your point! I’ll be more careful from now on, there, happy?”

 

“We’re never happy…”

 

 

 


Here's the second prologue, only one more to go! I hope you all don't mind the cursing in this chapter, I just feel as though it makes the difference between the two "realms" more apparent. If you find any offence to it I'm sure I could edit it and use less vulgar language. Anyways, I once again apologise for any mistakes, for some reason I fee like this chapter has a lot. Just let me know if you spot any so I can fix them, I would really appreciate it. Once again I'm still working on expanding my vocabulary, so I apologize if there is a lack of variation in word choice. I hope your week is going well so far and thank you for reading,

               ~K