Chapter 18

What Is Love?

"Oh um...hi...Sandeul." Krissy stuttered, the very last person she had expected standing in front of her. The guy that had rejected her all those times, but despite everything, her heart started beating faster. He was as handsome as before and...and...

"So..." Sandeul started, a smile on his face. "Would you like to tell me about this?" His smile turned nasty and he held out his cellphone. It was the picture of him and Krissy. Krissy's face whitened.

"What the heck?" Jen came up behind Krissy to look at the picture. "You told me you didn't sleep with him! Krissy!"

"I...uh..." Krissy stammered, unsure of how to answer. Should she lie to her friend again or tell Sandeul the truth...."I'm sorry! But he told me to not tell anyone!"

Jen turned back to Sandeul. "How could you Sandeul?! You know how much Kyorin liked you!" Despite the fact that Krissy and Kyorin had gone from best friends to arch enemies, Jen was neutral and remained friends with Kyorin long after her two friends' little squabble.

"I didn't! I would never touch this...you know...that bad word." Sandeul defended himself.

"EXCUSE ME?!" Krissy yelled out, furious at Sandeul's not-exactly-name-calling. "What did you call me?!"

"You know what Krissy. He's right." Jen switched sides all of a sudden. She was sick of girls coming over to complain and yell at Krissy after the latter slept with all the guys. Like what? Eric, Jim, Sean, all their girlfriends came over and yelled at Jen because of what Krissy did and Jen didn't even know the truth and she was sick of it.

"That's not what happened. Krissy's just lying. As usual." Another voice came up behind Sandeul. The group turned to find Aly strutting up the driveway.

"Aly? Who said you could come here. Get lost!" Krissy replied.

"Why? I'm here to ruin your life by ruining your chances with the guy you've always loved despite sleeping around like a e with all the guys at the school."

Krissy took deep breaths as Jen pulled her back so that she wouldn't slap Aly.

"So Sandeul." Aly started, ignoring Krissy's anger. "What happened is that I hated that Eric still liked Kyorin even though he was dating me so I thought to ruin her life by getting you knocked-out and having Krissy take a photo of you guys and sending it Kyorin. So the hotel room the picture's from is my dad's hotel and you were only knocked-out by sleeping pills. Krissy undressed your upper half and we took a picture of you and her so that it seemed like you guys had ."

"She's lying Sandeul!" Krissy protested, but it was pretty obvious who Sandeul was going to believe.

"Tell Kyorin I'm sorry." Aly added. "And now..." She turned to Krissy who backed away in fear. Aly reached out, grabbed Krissy's hair and hissed into her ear. "Next time you want to cross me, sleep with my boyfriend again. I hope you know, es don't live long." Aly slapped Krissy and left.

Sandeul also turned to leave, but Krissy grabbed him and hugged him. "Please Sandeul. Don't leave me."

"Don't touch me." Sandeul brushed her hands off roughly and walked away. Even Jen, the one person who had always been there, did not comfort her.

"I told you Krissy. But you wouldn't listen to me. Now, I can't help you anymore."