Chapter 2

Beneath His Shyness

After Hyesung went to the toilet, he walked to the waiting room while whistling. Suddenly he halted when he heard his juniors boy group, Venus who had just finished their interview.

'Did you see Shinhwa sunbae-nim performed just now? Wah daebak!' one of the guys, Simon asked.

'Yeah, they still got it. Haih, I wish we're going to be like that' the leader, H said.

'I think we will. And have you heard their interview just now?' Jung Rim asked.

'I did including Hyesung sunbae-nim and Eric sunbae-nim' Simon commented.

'It's amazing that they can still stick together despite different personalities especially when it comes to Hyesung sunbae-nim' Kiri said.

When Hyesung heard his name was been said, he knew that it's gonna be bad but he just too stubborn to leave. Therefore, he decided to stay.

'But I think that Hyesung sunbae-nim really does feels awkward or uncomfortable around his leader. I mean like if you just see them in variety shows, you could sense it'

'Eyyy, maybe it's just for the shows' H trying to be reasonable.

'But luckily none of us is not like him and we're more affectionate than him' Jung Rim said.

Hearing those words, Hyesung had enough. He quickly walked into the waiting room. Instead of feeling hurt, he is more angry. He hates how people would judge him without them knowing the truth. Nevertheless he's lucky that s and boyfriend didn't think like that. Because if they thought like that, they wouldn't be together like now.

Before he walked into the room, he took a deep breath. He didn't want to ruin the mood during their comeback when it was about small matters. 

'Where have you been hyung?' Junjin asked.

'Were you making the toilet or doing business in the toilet?' Dongwan said jokingly.

'Haha, very funny' Hyesung said sarcastically.

'I'm gonna get going first guys. Bye Eric. See you at home' Hyesung waved goodbye to his boyfriend after he took his bag.

'Where are you going?' Minwoo asked.

'I have some things I have to settle' Hyesung smiled and walked off.

Inside the room...

'Looks like I have to console him. See you guys later' 

'Console? Why? He seems okay' Andy asked.

'That, my dear friend is what we called pretending to be okay. And trust me, he's not okay' 

'How did you know?' 

'I just know' Eric smiled and bid goodbye.

'Wah, they are truly destined to be together' Minwoo said in awe.

They nodded in agreement.

At the apartment...

After punching in the passcode, Eric walked inside and saw Hyesung who was sitting and watching the TV.

'I'm home' Eric announced.

'Hello. Your coffee is on the table, it's still hot' Hyesung said without looking at Eric.

Instantly, Eric knew that something was wrong.  

'I'm gonna wash myself first' Eric said and walked into their bedroom.

After washing up, he joined Hyesung in front of the TV with his coffee. 

'Thank you for the coffee' 

'No problem' Hyesung linked his arms around Eric's.

Taking that as a cue to Eric, he asked cautiously.

'So what's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?' 

Hyesung gripped the remote control a bit tighter but remained calm, 'Nope, nothing's wrong. Just tired' Hyesung said.

'Are you sure you don't want to talk about it with me?' Eric tried again and put his mug on the table.

One...Two...Three...

'I just hate when people judge me without prove?! You know how frustrated it is?!' Hyesung burst.

'Who told you this nonsense?'

'Everyone! That stupid interviewer. Our juniors just now. So what if I didn't sit close to you?! I don't have to be with you to know that you and I both love each other. Because what I know is that this is about ME being in a relationship with YOU and not ME with THEM'

'And they don't deserve to know when all they do is judge' Eric continued.

'EXACTLY! Right there! Right there, we already have the same chemistry'

'And those juniors. I swear to God I would kill them just now. Who are they to say I'm awkward and feel uncomfortable around you?! I am crazily in love with you! And not the other way around. All those acts on the shows are just for shows! It's not true at all. FALSE!' Hyesung finally unloaded his frustrations.

Eric put his arms around Hyesung and kissed him deeply, 'And I am crazily in love with you too' Eric staring straight to Hyesung's eyes.

'I know' Hyesung buried his face into Eric's chest.

'It's just that I'm too tired having to listen to this nonsense' Hyesung said softly.

'You don't have to. You have me, your family and the members'

'Okay'

Eric pulled himself away from the hug but still holding Hyesung's hand, 'Feeling better?'

Hyesung nodded cutely, 'Let's buy you an ice-cream' Eric suggested.

'Okay!' Hyesung's face lit up as Eric knew his tactic worked.

'Give me 15 minutes and I'll be right back' Eric stood up but stopped by Hyesung.

'I want to follow'

Eric was stunned by Hyesung's request. Usually after 8:00 pm, they don't usually go out together even when grocery shopping because they don't want people to suspect. But tonight it was different and honestly Eric didn't mind at all, he was happy to hear that.

'Usual cafe?' Eric asked.

'Yup' Hyesung smiled.

Since the cafe is not far from their apartment, they decided to walk. More like Hyesung suggested it. At the cafe, Eric ordered green tea ice cream while Hyesung ordered strawberry vanilla ice cream. 

Then they sat down, away from the people eyes'. They has a lovely conversation and joked around. Sometimes, Hyesung would hold Eric's hands when people weren't looking. 

While they were talking, Hyesung heard familiar voices behind him but when he wanted to turned around, Eric stopped him.

'Don't turn Hyesung. They're our juniors, Venus' Eric said using his soft voice and made Hyesung to wear his hoodies up and gave his cap to Hyesung.

But unluckily, one of the members recognised Eric.

'Eric sunbae-nim?' Simon asked.

'O-Oh hello, what are you doing here?' Eric asked.

'The manager let us off for this one night so we decided to get some ice cream. What about you?'

'Same'

'Is this your friend? Hello' the members bowed to Eric's 'friend'

Hyesung turned around and gave them his prince-like smile, 'Hello guys'

The members and Eric were shocked. The members couldn't believe what they just saw. Eric on the other hand couldn't believe that Hyesung would just casually introduced himself to people especially when Hyesung's with him. Usually Hyesung would covered his face under the table until the person is not there anymore. 

'Hello Hyesung sunbae-nim. Is it only you and Eric sunbae-nim?' H asked.

'Yup, I wanted to hangout with my favourite person. It's been awhile now'

Then Hyesung stood up and bid farewell, 'You guys just continue eating because we're done with our ice cream. And fighting for your new album. They are good' Hyesung praised.

The members stood up and bowed, 'Thank you sunbae-nim. It means a lot to us' 

Eric just smiled and commented, 'Yup, they are good' 

As they were walking out the cafe, Hyesung linked his arms around Eric's making Eric to grinned widely like a child. It's unusual for Hyesung to do something like that so it's better for him to grab the golden opportunity tonight.

'Wah you're right. All these while, it was just for shows' Jae Kim stared at Eric and Hyesung in awe.

'Yup, they look like a couple' Kiri commented.

'If they are, I would ship them hard' Simon nodded his head.

All the Venus members nodded in agreement.