M.U is equals to 'Misunderstanding'

Expectations

"Starbucks, 9 in the morning, sharp. If you're late, then I'm sorry."

 

 

It was the reason why Wang Jackson, a hormonal teenager who's in love with a particular redhead, was sitting on the most isolated seat of his and his date's meeting place at 8.

"One more hour," He murmured to himself, looking around the place or checking his phone for any messages to kill time. After several minutes, he finally settled on listening to some music in his playlist, thinking about his expectations in this date. Will they become exclusive after this? Will he be able to kiss Mark again? Will he be able to marry Mark?

Jackson certainly liked the last idea.

What he didn't included in his expectations though was that by the time the clock struck quarter to nine, his eyelids had dropped and his mind drifted to slumber. What, he didn't really got a decent sleep because his most awaited moment for a year had finally arrived, don't blame him.

The sound of something slamming on the table where his head was resting disrupted his sleep. He groaned and groggily opened his eyes, the hair he had styled for two hours disheveled.

"Wha...?"

His disoriented gaze landed on the culprit and his hazy mind cleared up a bit. He blinked a few times.

What is a frog doing here?

But the frog with his large cute eye and skin in a neat shade of light green looked so adorable. Especially when the reptile tilted its head at Jackson curiously and Jackson squealed. "Oh my god, aren't you a pretty little creature!" He extended his hand and tried to pet the animal but it jumped down. Jackson froze. But when the weirdly irresistible frog leaped away from him again, he sprung from his chair and went after it.

"Wait for me, froggy! I want to make you my pet!" He said, dramatically running after the frog, oblivious that the surroundings have became a grassy plain.

"Jackson? Jackson!" Mark suddenly appeared and ran alongside him. "What are you doing?"

"I'm chasing a frog!" He happily answered.

"Really? Should we chase it together?"

Jackson's face lit up then he offered his hand to Mark which the male accepted. "Okay then, together!" He laughed giddily but it ceased when he felt Mark's nails digging on his palm.

"Wait, Mark, that hurts— ah, ah!"

 

 

 

Jackson's body jolted up. He turned and there, beside him, was a standing Mark with a wide teasing grin.

"Chasing a frog, huh."

Can the ground please swallow me now?

 

 

 

Jackson didn't realize Mark was really holding his hand until the latter had let go in favor of ordering for them. After that, Mark sat across him with their drinks. Jackson's pulse quickened in nervousness, excitement, and a dash of mortification. Why did he have to be this stupid now out of all times? Mark was sipping on the mocha frappe he bought with Jackson's espresso, and Jackson stared at him shamelessly. Mark may look cool on the outside but Jackson could see him biting his straw anxiously. So they're on the same boat, huh. Jackson smiled.

"Hey, Mark."

Mark met his eyes and for a moment, Jackson drowned at its deepness and beauty.

"Uh, Jackson?"

That brought him to reality.

Jackson shook his head a bit. "O-Oh, I'm sorry, I—"

"Jackson?"

Both him and Mark faced a boy with blond hair and baby face. Jackson's eyes widened in recognition. "B-Bambam?"

"It's really you, long time no see, Jacks!"

Jackson could see Mark raise a brow from his peripheral vision. "Yes, long time no see, Bam. You're cuter since the last time I saw you." He praised in a good-natured manner.

"Stop it right there!" Bambam playfully hit his arm. "That last time was a bit bad for both of us. The break up, I mean."

Mark's jaw dropped and Jackson would have joked about how he should pick it up from the floor but he was panicking and . Why did Bambam had to put it in a way Mark might misunderstood? Jackson's brain malfunctioned and Mark's expression was increasingly darkening while Bambam began shuffling on his feet awkwardly.

"Oh, you had a company." No Sherlock.

"Hi, I'm Bambam." Bambam politely introduced himself, offering his hand and Mark thankfully shook it. "Mark." Bambam nodded.

"Well, excuse me. My coffee's here plus I gotta go. Bye, Jackson. I'll catch up with you later. Nice meeting you, Mark-ssi." Bambam bowed, leaving the two and the tensed atmosphere brought by his surprising appearance when he walked away. Jackson cleared his throat.

"M-Mark—"

Mark's intentional loud sipping cut him off. He decided to mind his own beverage first as he tried to construct the right sentences to avoid further misunderstanding. He waited for Mark to finish and when he did, Jackson opened his mouth to speak again but Mark beat him to it.

"We haven't even had a long conversation yet but 'that' already happened."

Was that taunting?

Jackson sighed. "Mark, Bambam, he—"

"Whatever."

Jackson pouted, genuinely hurt at the rejection. "Mark, please—"

"Forget it, Wang." Mark looked so betrayed.

"Mark," Jackson uttered, eyes watering. "Bambam is a very close friend, and that break up wasn't between us." To his relief, Mark stilled and remained silent so Jackson took it as a cue to continue.

"He confides everything to me. And the last time we saw each other was when he and Yugyeom, his ex-boyfriend, decided to break up because Bambam needs to finish studying in Thailand. He went to me crying so hard, looking like a wreck of snots and tears. That was the last time we saw each other."

Jackson watched as Mark processed his explanation, eyes closing and opening at the now empty plastic cup in his front. Jackson desperately gripped Mark's hand, tears already falling from his eyes. No, he can't lose Mark now that he finally have him within his reach. "Mark, please believe me." He sobbed. Mark gaped at him and suddenly, did something Jackson never expected.

Wow, why does nothing goes according to his expectations today?

But it's okay, because Mark had encased his face between his warm palms and trailed kisses on it, erasing the saline trails of tears and his fear away.

"I believe you." Then Mark smiled, visage so close that Jackson could count his eyelashes. Jackson's mouth stretched into a full smile of his own, mirroring Mark's.

"I like you, Jackson."

Jackson's heart stopped. With the big grin still plastered on his features, his eyes rolled at the back of his head and his body went limp. He felt Mark hugging him to prevent his fall and heard the older's horrified calls of his name before everything went black.

Well, he didn't expect to faint from too much happiness.

 

 

 

 

 

— おわり

 

 

What is this oh my gosh this is so lame I wanna vomit my lunch asdfghjkl

 

Sorry.