Who Is She?

Unknown User.

 

 

“I’m heading out now!” As though he knew that everything sounds so unfair right now, he didn’t hear anyone responding back to him. He look around, forming a worried look, and he close the door behind him as he step out.

 

Mark Tuan, 18 years old, University student of Seoul. He’s living with his father, mother, and his siblings, who live in the United States. He moved with his father and mother in Korea for Mark to study the culture of music and arts.

 

He pull out his phone, looking at the messages that his friends had sent it to him that he had forgotten to reply. With a sigh escaping his lips, he open up his Instagram, swipe his thumb on it as he scanned his newsfeed.

 

A lot of recent photos is posted and without any notice, Mark jolt when a hand wrap around his neck. He harshly turn his head around and release a growl under his throat. “Good morning to you too, Jackson.”

 

“Well, aren’t you a early riser!” Jackson, Mark’s bestfriend, chirps loudly as he place his other hand on his neck. “What’s gotten to you lately?”

 

“You asked me that before,” Mark pauses, unable to continue as he notice that one of his favorite follower had updated a new photo.

 

The photo contains of a lovely teddy bear with a caption of, “_kkaebA #lovely #teddy #bear Yay! Big bro finally brought me my favorite teddy bear! <3” And without any hesitation, he double tap the photo to give it a ‘heart’.

 

Jackson tried on peeking on his phone, but before he can do that, Mark swat his head away from his phone. “What do you think you are doing?” Mark snarl at him, questioning Jackson’s wandering eyes.

 

“I was just checking up if you are replying anyone specific enough to ignore my messages!” Jackson juts his lower lip, showing that he was a bit offended about Mark’s snarls but Mark knows that Jackson was only faking it.

 

They were walking quietly after Mark gave Jackson a stare of death and Jackson quietly shut his mouth.

 

“You know,” Jackson starts off again, “You kept on looking at her profile and stuff. Dude!” Jackson sway his arm around Mark’s shoulder again, making a weird faces. “She’s very anonymous so yeah.”

 

“You don’t know anything about her.”

 

“Well, you don’t, either.” Jackson retort back with smirk appearing in his lips.

 

As far as Mark want to smash his hand to Jackson’s face, he urge himself not to so he deeply sigh and move along.

 

Through all the days that Mark had spent his life, this is the first day that he felt bitter about Jackson. Sure, he haven’t met this so called ‘Famous Instagramer’ but what can he do? He loves everything about this girl.

 

She post almost exactly what Mark craving for. Like last time, she posted about being lonely yet she felt watching movies would lessen those feeling, Mark felt that after reading that.

 

Is it weird that you fell in love with a girl without even meeting her in person? Well, for Mark, it is not. Trust him, he is crazy in love with this girl.

 

When his day ends, it’s time for his lunch time. He met up with Jaebum, one of his friend and both of them went to check Jackson.

 

Jackson and Mark is one of the member of Martial Art in their university but with Jackson’s body, the saber person have another activity in his mind, which is Fencing. Jackson mention about wanting to be in the national youth olympic since he was a kid, and since then, he had been secretly practicing Fencing without even telling Mark.

 

They watch in awe as Jackson show his talent. Every move that Jackson make, his muscle would flex. Could it be that Jackson is doing that on purpose? Jaebum and Mark thought at the same time.

 

When they sat down on the bench, where Jackson’s stuff is under on. Mark felt the ground a bit moving, looking down, he saw Jackson’s phone ringing.

 

“Jackson!” Mark call out, lifting Jackson’s phone in the air for Jackson to see it. “Your phone is ringing!”

 

“Who’s calling?” Jackson shout back, face in the front of his opponent as he charge to attack.

 

“It says..” As Mark read the name, he frown, “Bambi?!”

 

“Answer it for me!” With a hassle within his tone, Mark knew that it might be important. He quickly swipe it to answer, without hesitation, he said his greeting.

 

“Hello, this is Jackson’s friend.”

 

“Ah!” The voice on the other line got startled, leading Jaebum to snicker. “Sorry, for a moment I thought you were Jackson.”

 

Mark slightly frown at that, thinking that Jackson and him had the same voice? That’s impossible.

 

“Anyway, could you tell my brother if he is free tonight?”

 

“I don’t think he is. He a got plan with us.” Mark quickly respond, looking at Jaebum as he motion the other to beckon Jackson to move to them.

 

“Ah… I see, well then, thank you.” Without waiting for Mark to respond, she hang up.

 

“That’s rude,” Mark mutter, handing his phone to Jackson. “She hung up.”

 

“She did? Well, you did answer it.” Jackson casually said, “She’s shy around new people. You haven’t met her, aren’t you?”

 

“I met her!” Jaebum raise his hand as he speaks. “She’s cute… But her face is similar with Jackson.”

 

“Because we are relative.” Jackson mocked Jaebum as he sat down between them. “So, why did she called?”

 

“She was asking if you were busy tonight. But I said that you are since you have planned that out.”

 

“Yeah, I already told her about that.” Jackson quietly said, he stood up as he fix his shirt. “I’m going now. She might need someone.”

 

“See you in Mark’s house then!” Jaebum wave as Jackson took his leave. Mark and Jaebum shares glances to each other before cracking up.

 

“That look on Jackson.”

 

“Well,” Mark start, looking at the other fencer in the room, “He is pretty protective that he decided to skip practice.”

 

“Too protective.”

 

As the both of them stood up and head outside, Jaebum and Mark decided to call it an end and both walk to their separate route.

 

Mark once again was caught by Jackson staring at his phone when both of them, Jaebum and Jackson went to his house.

 

The said person was smiling widely as he keeps on staring at his phone, mumbling some incoherent words, and while the other two was busy looking at their crazy friend.

 

“Oh,” Jaebum speaks, “My friend, Jinyoung, his birthday is coming up. Want to attend his small party?”

 

“Uh, no thank you.” Jackson said, with a hint of annoyance, “That dude is weird. I don’t even know what my sister seen in him.”

 

“Are they dating?” Jaebum ask, receiving a punch from Jackson. With a groan eliciting from his lips, Jaebum added, “I was just asking!”

 

“That is unacceptable!” Jackson whine in protest, the two starts to quarrel…

 

And Mark didn’t care about them.


 

“Stop looking at it.”

 

“....”

 

“Come on, you’ve been staring and tapping your phone!”

 

“...”

 

“Mark Tuan!”

 

When Mark finally tore his eyes away from his phone, Jackson elicit a growl, looking at Mark with a frown forming on his face. “You’ve been ignoring me.”

 

“I’m meeting you sister, Jackson… I didn’t ignore you.”

 

“What was the point of that?!” Jackson shouts, unable to understand what was the older talking about. Knowing that Mark’s attention is always on his phone, Jackson knew that the older would give him such a stupid answers.

 

The door of store open and Jackson perk up, looking at the person who came in. He wave excitedly as the person walks closer to them.

 

“Mark, Mark!” Jackson chant out, trying to get the older’s attention once again. But due to Mark’s obsession, Jackson gave up and face his sister.

 

“Anyway, that is my friend, Tuan. So, Bambi, what were you doing?”

 

“I was just looking for Yugyeom. He skipped classes again.” With a pout forming her lips, Jackson pat her head and respond.

 

“I’m sure that kiddo is around. He might got trouble from his practice.”

 

“Yeah, right. I’ll head out first then.” When Bambi left the store, that’s when Mark lookup at Jackson, boredom written in his eyes.

 

“And now you perk up.” Jackson sarcastically said, earning him a growl from the older.

 

As soon as they left the store, Mark let out a sigh escaping his lips, ignoring Jackson at the background.

 

“She posted another photo,” He said to Jackson, who seems not too interested about the topic yet he listen carefully. “Though, she only posted another stuff animal that she saw.”

 

“Mhm..” Jackson hum, to prevent Mark saying another words. “What kind of stuff animal was it?”

 

Mark pull out his phone, shoving his phone to Jackson’s face and the latter raise a brow, forming a confused and puzzled look. “Hey, I think I saw this toy…”

 

“Where?!” Mark’s tone of voice was a bit hasty, and Jackson knew that Mark had been searching for this girl. He grab Mark’s phone and carefully examine the photo.

 

“This is toy that I saw in the store…”

 

“She was there?!” Mark ask excitedly.

 

“I’m not too sure about that.”

 

“Well, let’s go!”

 

Giving in, Jackson jog to follow Mark back to the store they exited a while ago. The store wasn’t that popular among the teenagers but Mark and Jackson like it since the treats were nice and Jackson got a thing about the employee.

 

Moving to the counter, Mark shows the photo to the employee and asked if he saw anyone walking closer to the stuff, taking pictures. But the person shook his head and said, “I didn’t notice anyone going over there.”

 

“Ah, my life.” Mark cussed and the first time Jackson had heard Mark cussing about it.

 

Wow, this girl is making Mark a bit too nuts. Jackson thought. But who can he blame about this? He didn’t, also, know about this mysterious girl.

 

“Instagram had this new thingy on the top. You know, you can message someone… Only them can see it, though.” Jackson suggest, making Mark’s eyes to glow like it was a light that Jackson turn on.

 

He quickly went to the app and ask Jackson where was it. Jackson click the photo and said, “Now, take a picture of yourself. You have to show your face or else… She might not recognize you.”

 

Without any hesitation, he flip the phone to get the front camera, fixing his hair a little then Jackson suggested that making it messy makes more handsomely. With that, Mark took a photo of himself- like he usually do- and type down his message for his idol.

 

He fought to himself, should I say about me being her fan? Or should I leave it like I just met her?  “Oh my god, I’m having problem with this.”

 

“Just say that you are a fan of her and ask about her name. That’s pretty simple, god…”

 

And with that, Mark type down exactly what on his mind, consisting of many hashtags as well.

 

“I know that you are nervous… Why including a hashtags? And those are nonsense!”

 

“I got used of it. And now, all we have to wait is her reply, right?”

 

“Yeah, it might take a while since you said that she is quite popular in there… Be patient and let’s go to Jaebum’s house and kill his cat.”

 

“Nora wouldn’t like that.”

 

“For cryin’ out loud, Mark Tuan. Nora likes me better than her father.”

 

Mark chuckles along the sentence of Jackson, walking around without even noticing that _kkaebA had already replied to his message.

 

mark_tuan hi sorry for suddenly sending you a message TT I was only wondering if you knew me. I’m Mark and I’m a big fan of you may I know your name? Even if just your nickname  #..... #..... #....

 

_kkaebA Hello there! I didn’t know that you are a fan of me! I’m so grateful, thank you! [insert smiley] Anyway  Mark I’m glad that you like my photos and as a reward I would grant what you want. Just call me A! I like that name. ^^



 

A/N; I’m deeply sorry for updating this crappy chapter. I know it’s boring at first but I’m sure that you would love it as the chapter goes on. While working it, I’ll be posting a lot of One Shot as well. So yeah, thank you for reading it. Thank you very much.