Final.

Of Officers And Robbers

Junmyeon really didn't want to go to the Halloween party, but his friends insisted. They claimed that he worked too hard and didn't socialize enough. He knew that they were worried, so he ignored his discomfort with parties and went.

 

Chanyeol was in the fraternity Beta Kappa Gamma, so the group of six easily entered the party. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were dressed as Mario and Luigi and Kyungsoo and Jongin were dressed as Batman and Robin. Junmyeon and Sehun exchanged sickened glances with each other because of the couples.

 

Sehun spent his nights partying and bringing a new girl back to his and Junmyeon’s shared dorm every night. Junmyeon became used to it though. He blocked out the lewd sounds with his earbuds and helped Sehun empty his liquor-filled stomach in the mornings. He wouldn’t put up with it for just anyone though. Sehun was a sweet kid, so he let it slide.

 

Junmyeon, on the other hand, hadn’t been in any kind of relationship since high school. No one night stands and especially no dates. The last man he kissed was Jongdae towards the end of his junior year in high school. Jongdae was his best friend for years, but then Junmyeon started developing feelings for him. One night he confessed and softly kissed his lips, but Jongdae looked disgusted and left him. He never saw him again after that night, and he still didn’t know why Jongdae left even three years later. Junmyeon was afraid to reveal his uality after that night.

 

Junmyeon was slightly overwhelmed by the smell of alcohol when he entered the frat. He scrunched his nose and rolled his eyes as he took in the sight of hundreds of people grinding on each other and face. Maybe he was just bitter from his lack of relationship.

 

A group of girls all dressed as y kittens sauntered past him and purred. A small smile lit his face. Baekhyun said that dressing up as a police officer would make him look hot, and it was nice to see that other people agreed. The downside to his costume was the handcuffs dangling at his belt and causing his pants to slip lower and lower. He couldn’t wait to slip into his jogging pants when he got home.

 

He grabbed two shots on his way to the back deck to help himself loosen up. He needed some fresh air and a few moments to collect himself.

 

He sat on a swing facing the backyard and downed the first shot of tequila. His throat burned as the liquid traveled downwards. He coughed a few times due to the strong taste then drank the other one as well.

 

The liquid took action quickly, for Junmyeon was already beginning to feel a little tipsy. He watched amusedly at couples trying to play chicken in the pool below him. A loud laugh escaped his throat. Soon after, he heard someone laughing beside him.

 

“I think you’ve had a little too much to drink officer,” the voice said.

 

He turned a little too quickly to see who was speaking and he tightly closed his eyes, trying to get the world to stop spinning.

 

“I’m a lightweight,” he replied sadly.

 

The man laughed once again and sat down beside Junmyeon. Silence encased them as Junmyeon took in the man beside him. He had thick thighs, a lean stomach, and a sharp jawline. And two eyes hidden behind a mask that caught him staring.

 

“Why are you eyeing me officer? Are you going to arrest me?”

 

Junmyeon quickly shook his head no and looked down while blushing. The man laughed once again. It had a melodious tone to it that seemed strangely familiar to Junmyeon. But he just pinned it on way too much alcohol.

 

“I’m clearly a robber and you’re just going to let that slide? I’m going to have to tell your boss what a naughty policeman you have been!”

 

The mans hand found it’s way to Junmyeon’s inner thigh and he stiffened under his touch. The man cupped his face and turned it towards him.

 

“I’ve missed you, Junmyeon.”

 

Junmyeon’s mouth fell open and he gaped at him in surprise. He knew exactly who the beautiful laugh belonged to now.

 

“J-Jongdae?”

 

Jongdae nodded his head and peeled off the black cloth covering his eyes.

 

Junmyeon didn’t know what to feel. Anger for Jongdae leaving him feeling so insecure and unsure? Sad for his rejection? Relieved to know he’s okay?

 

He didn’t know what to say or do, so he jumped off the chair and ran inside to the best of his ability. He was stumbling over his own feet and he felt like he was going to get sick, but he pushed through the bodies and continued onwards.

 

He found Sehun with a girl who was pulling at his fireman suspenders and admiring his body. He grabbed onto his arm, for he started teetering back and forth.

 

Sehun excused himself and helped Junmyeon up the stairs. They sat on a twin bed and Sehun drew comforting circles into his back. Junmyeon was grateful that Sehun consoled him without interrogating him.

 

Large thumbs wiped at his eyes, and Junmyeon realized he had been sobbing. The pain of Jongdae leaving him resurfaced and his suppressed feelings came pouring out.

 

After he finally calmed down, he told everything to Sehun. The tall blonde listened without interrupting him and nodded his head in empathy.

 

“You could have told me, Junmyeon. I would never shame you for your uality. All this time I’ve been trying to hook you up with women, but you’ve been heartbroken over a man. I’m so sorry.”

 

Junmyeon shook his head and grabbed Sehun into a tight hug. No more words were needed; they were friends long enough to know that there were no harsh feelings between them.

 

“So Jongdae is here?”

 

“Yeah, we were talking on the deck. He was dressed as a robber.”

 

Sehun jumped to his feet and left the room. Junmyeon considered going after him, but he knew Sehun wouldn’t do anything reckless. He was a man of peace and balance.

 

Junmyeon collected his thoughts and played on his phone until Sehun returned. He also drank a couple of water bottles in an attempt to sober up. The door creaked open and Sehun walked in with Jongdae following behind him.

 

“I’ll leave you two to talk,” he said before he exited the room once again.

 

Junmyeon twiddled his thumbs nervously. In high school, it was never awkward between the two. They could talk for hours about nothing in particular and then sit in a comfortable silence. But this silence was heavy and almost too much to bear.

 

Jongdae spoke first,”Junmyeon, about that night-”

 

“I really don’t want to hear about why you rejected me. It already hurts enough. So please don’t. Please,” Junmyeon interrupted with a broken voice.

 

Jongdae moved closer beside him so that their legs were touching. His hand found Junmyeon’s and he hesitantly grabbed it.

 

“Junmyeon. Please listen to me. It was high school and was still learning about myself. I was so confused as to why I didn’t talk about girls all the time like Luhan. Or why I didn’t have with older women like Yifan. I was so confused as to why I always thought of my best friend instead. I didn’t understand why whenever I listened to love songs you were the face that popped into my mind. Or whenever you brushed my hand my heart felt like it was going to burst. I thought something was wrong with me. I told my parents a week before your confession, and they became so angry that they made me move to another school. That night I planned on telling you I was leaving, but I never found the courage to. Goodbyes are too painful. And when you said you loved me...I just pretended to not return the feelings. I thought that would be easier than a long distance relationship. I know it was a move and I’m so sorry Junmyeon. Please understand why I did those things.”

 

Junmyeon sat frozen for a short while. Tears lined his eyes due to the relief of knowing that something wasn’t wrong with him.

 

He pulled Jongdae into a hug and snuggled into his chest. Junmyeon began lightly punching him as he clinged onto his shirt. Jongdae wrapped his arms around his waist and carded through his brown locks.

 

Junmyeon pulled back and bussed Jongdae’s soft lips. Unlike years ago, Jongdae’s lips moved against his. Junmyeon felt as if he were watching fireworks on the 4th of July.  He never felt such pleasure. The pleasure of knowing that you’re loved for who you are.

 

“I love you, Junmyeon.”

 

The robber and the police officer descended down the stairs hand in hand for everyone to see.  

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

AN:

 

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this story and Happy Halloween! So this one is kind of cheesy but oh well. I think cheesiness is good sometimes. This is the last oneshot in my Halloween series! ^^ Thank you all for the support.