no. 9

Dream Drabbles

Timelines: A bit of magic that you're born with indicating high emotionally positive or emotionally negative events in your life in the form of spikes on a calendar graph. It is limited to two weeks into the future.


 

A reunion at Lee Taemin’s house.

Jongin stared at the invitation for a long time. Taemin was Jongin’s best friend in high school. Jongin had a huge crush on him but he never got the chance to tell him and they drifted apart after high school. Even Jongin’s timeline was showing that something would happen that day. Maybe this was his chance.

~

When Jongin arrived, there was a sign on the door: “Come on in!” Classic Taemin.

He pushed the door open and saw Taemin, more gorgeous than ever, with a man curled around him and whispering in his ear. He looked away.

“Jongin!!” Taemin ran over and took Jongin into a big hug. “I’ve missed you, Innie.” The nickname that Jongin hadn’t heard in 6 years sounded almost bittersweet.

“ahem” said the man from before. “Hey, I’m Jonghyun. I was a senior when you guys were freshman. I didn’t meet Minnie here until after high school but he’s told me a lot about you. It’s nice to meet you.” Jonghyun offered a hand and a smile. Jongin took it “Nice to meet you.” Minnie was Jongin’s nickname for Taemin.

“Kai!!!” It was Chanyeol coming from the kitchen. Kai was another nickname he hadn’t heard in a while. “How are you, man?”

“Pretty good” Jongin smiled.

“Well we’ll let you two catch up.” Said Taemin. “Come out back when you’re ready.”

Jongin watched his back as he left.

“You okay?” said Chanyeol

“I guess, it’s just that this is a bit… different from how I expected today to go.”

“Look. I know how you feel.” Said Chanyeol. “But he’s got Jonghyun now. He’s moved on.” He patted Jongin on the back. “Just stick to your own timeline, okay.”

That’s what Jongin was trying to do in the first place.

~

Later, Baekhyun suggested a game of drunken spin the bottle and 2 rounds in, Jongin still wasn’t even buzzed. Maybe his timeline was indicating that something really bad instead of really good would happen to him today. Jongin was pulled out of his own thoughts just long enough to notice that the bottle was pointed at him. He looked up to see Taemin wobbly crawling towards him.

“I’ve wanted to do this for so long, Innie.” Taemin whispered in Jongin’s ear which triggered his pants to tighten. Taemin pushed him to lie down and ground down into his crotch. Taemin’s kiss tasted how Jongin had always imagined it would, so amazing! He passed out.

Jongin awoke to shouting.

“How could you?!”

“You said it was okay!”

“Well how was I supposed to know you were going to ing your high school crush in front of all of our closest friends?”

Taemin had a crush on him in high school?

“That’s not fair! And besides, I was drunk!”

“But then how am I supposed to trust you when you’re sober?”

Taemin didn’t have an answer for him.

“You know what? I’m gonna go.”

“Fine!”

“FINE!”

The door slammed shut and Jongin heard Taemin start to cry.

He came into the living room where Taemin was.

”Minnie?” Taemin quickly wiped his tears.

“Yea Innie?” Jongin went to sit next to him.

“I’m sorry” said Jongin. “Your boyfriend left because of me.”

“Oh, you heard all that? No, it’s my fault. I wasn’t that drunk, I knew what I was doing.” Jongin stared at him. “Besides, I can tell he’s wanted to leave for a while now.”

“Well are you okay?”

“Yea, I just feel like I handled everything all wrong. With him..  and with you.” Taemin looked at him. “I should have told your this before but..”

“Wait! Let me go first.” Jongin interrupted. “I love you. I have since middle school when that older girl put gum in my hair and you stayed in the bathroom with me all day using the peanut butter from your lunch to help me get it out even though you didn’t know me that well.” Taemin smiled. “I have since you failed that test in tenth grade and you thought your parents were gonna kill you so we ran away for the weekend and got caught sleeping in the bed of your neighbors pick-up truck. And the moment I knew I wouldn’t ever be in love with anyone else but you was the day that I left you to go off to college and you were so mad that you cussed me out in front of my parents.” He laughed.

“I love you too, Jongin. How could I not? You’ve been with me every step of the way. Every spike on my timeline, good or bad, has almost always been you.” Jongin blushed and took Taemin into his arms. They cherished the comfort of it because finally, after ten years, he was his.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A bit of a weird ending but ok. :3