Prescribes Love and Got Overdoses

Prescribes Love and Got Overdoses

 

Soojung knows this doctor as he's the son of her mother's best friend. From top to toe, no doubt he's gorgeous, with that white coat covering down to his knee-length, he's only wearing a button-top underneath and he wears this specs that he occasionally pushes up to his nose bridge.

(She then realizes how creepy she just described him inside her mind)

She glances every time a patient walks in and out and a glimpse of him showed up. Him with that smile. 'Hello, dear' he'd greet that minor and usher her to sit down with that gentle voice of him. He'd greet with the equal welcomed yet polite greeting to some older patients. Yet, she can see the warmth he's spreading only with his smile is radiating throughout every patient's face.

Soojung cannot really remember when he started to be this attractive, to be honest.

She remembers him being that shy and avoided close contact unless you're an anatomy book. It was a long time ago, when once Soojung is being treated like she was one viral-infected human being that his face suddenly turned red out of the sudden, just because a touch Soojung accidently give on his arm.

It was a friendly tap, really. 

"If you'll excuse me," he said hurriedly before gathering all of his stuffs. "I have a class in an hour and the traffic is so heavy these days. So."

He didn't even tell his mother he was leaving that his mother then whined all afternoon.

But the man behind the door has changed.

"How long did you wait outside?" He says just as she enters the room. She hasn't even seen him! She jumps slightly when she feels a gush of wind from her left that some strand of her hair get to her face. She also doesn't notice the amused smile on his nurse's face before she left the two of them inside.

"What the hell, Junmyeon?" She sneers.

He laughs and reaches a hand to ruffle her hair, which she avoids with a glare. "No need to be so sensitive, and here, it's 'doc'." He then makes his way from the sink after drying his hands to the workdesk. He singsongs, "There's no Junmyeon here~"

She shakes her head in disbelief. Sitting down on the chair in front of him, she mumbles slowly, "If only your patients know how you actually are."

"Hm?" A smirk appeared within his lips as he flips through Soojung's medical record. "What did you say about me and my patients just now?"

"Nothing." She grumbles and makes herself comfortable on the seat by crossing her arms. She looks away. "Start it."

"Start what?" Instead of doing what-he-should-do, he grabs a jar of candies from his locker next to his calendar. He unwraps a lollipop swiftly as he scans through his phone (that's suddenly replaced the folders of medrec). "Damn today's patients are really packed I see. I haven't touched my phone these last 5 hours!" He chuckles by himself.

Soojung blinks in disbelief. "Really?"

He looks up. "What? Yeah." He shows his phone that there's a long line of numerous notifications from messages, missed calls, e-mails, and even Instagram.

"What was that. You're into Instagram now?" She asks.

He blinks. "Huh? Oh." Then he quickly withdraws his phone from her sight. "Ah, it's. It's Sehun's."

When Soojung see something suspicious, she doesn't push forward. It's none of her concerns anyway.

Junmyeon then proceeds to eat his lollipop and leans back to his backrest, still having fun with his phone.

"Well," she says again, "are you not going to do something? Like, anything?"

He blinks and pulls out the sweet treat, making a 'pop' sound. "Huh? You didn't even answer my question."

"Which question-- oh." Then she suddenly remembers. "That, is what you wanna ask? Out of all medical terms you should ask me?"

He blinks again and that was just adorable. Really. Soojung's mind is working hard to fight on that thought. "Uh. I mean-- fine."

He beams.

"I waited for 2 hours." She mumbles, reaching for his jar to get herself a lollipop.

"Whoa I'm sorry." He pouts, "If you called me earlier then I could do something to, you know, skip the numbers."

Her chuckle comes a bit sarcastic to his ears, making him drown in guilt even more. "It's fine really, now if you're sorry can you move to the next step here?"

He lets out a tiny smile, and somehow she catches it just before he straighten himself back. "Alright, then." 

Again, Junmyeon does the unexpected.

He starts to pack his belongings, instead of doing some history taking and such, he even calls his nurse to collect the remaining folders on his desk.

"No more patients outside, right?" He asks politely.

The nurse smiles, "No, doc. You're free to go." She's Sunyoung, Soojung knows (and gets really, really, tiny feeling called jealous, of how they're close with each other) and sends her a smile, which the latter returns with a playful wink. 

What the hell is that supposed to mean, Soojung forces a smile again when she closes the door behind then.

"Do you want to wait outside, or?" Junmyeon asks.

"Huh? Wait, wait." She stands up. "Why are you packing as if you're ready to go home when here," she points at herself, "me! There's a patient left!"

He pays her no attention as he busy packs his stetoscope, snelli and some of his books into his backpack. "What?"

"Junmyeon!" She half-yells, and suddenly felt sore. She begans coughing frantically.

A hand brought her to sit back down again. She's still coughing and her face is beet red when she drinks the cup of water he hands him. Few comforting taps on her back.

"Breath." He instructs, and she follows. Slowly, her coughing fit halts to a stop and she closes her eyes, laying back on the backrest.

Just as she opens her eyes, she found his face dangerously close to her and she widens her eyes.

She can feel his breath on her lips and what do you expect on a girl who begins to develop a fling (or a crush, she doesn't even know) on someone that suddenly the someone leans in so close that their faces are only centimeters apart?

But Junmyeon does the unexpected, right.

He suddenly lets out an amused smile. "You should see your face this red."

She furrows her eyebrows and pushes him, almost colliding to the table. 

He laughs, then circles around the table for once more to sling his backpack and walks to the door.

Soojung, still unable to think properly, blinks at him. Her cheeks are still crimson and somehow she feels uneasy about her heart. 

Maybe she's sick afterall.

"You're coming or?" He asks, opening the door revealing the empty waiting room. Sunyoung's probably back in the pharmacy.

Seeing she's as still as a rock on her seat, he walks to her again and grabs her hand to stand up. Turning her body around while not breaking the eye contact, he says:

"I know you're more than healthy to come, yet, you came and even waited for more than two hours like a regular patient. You didn't even call me like you used to every time you come."

Soojung gulps, eyes widening and her heart is beating three beats faster and her palms start to get clammy with his hand around her wrist.

Faking a faint wouldn't be much an option with a real doctor.

"Uh."

"In your medrec, it stated that I already prescribed you the meds correctly, and out of all your histories, those drugs suit you perfectly, and, if the impossible, your cold would be gone in a week, that's the longest." He continues to ramble, still maintaing a firm yet not too strong grip on her wrist. "It's three weeks already from your last visit. And I see no running nose and your body temperature is normal--"

"But you don't even check it--"

"--when I touched your forehead as I messed with your hair." The tip of his lips perk up. "Don't even think to fake a faint right now."

She scoffs, looking away finally. "Who would? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

"Mmhm." He nods, still smiling. "Alright then, to wrap it up, and to answer all the questions in your mind right now," 

He takes her wrist upward and the smile is even wider than before. Soojung shots him an unknowing look but shuts up just before she opens .

Damn she's caught.

"your pulse's saying your heart is beating faster than normal that it almost exceeds the normal range in the last 15 seconds. 110 beats per minute." 

Much to her surprise, he then closes the gap between them and plants a kiss on her (already warm) forehead instead.

"Now I bet it's beating even faster, if that's possible." He chuckles, seeing her widened eyes.

She blinks. "Uh. Maybe?"

"Maybe is enough for now." He chuckles as he circles his arm around her tiny body, walking out. 

"So, you actually did come only to see me, right?"

When Soojung doesn't answer again, he casually turns the engine of his car off and looks back at her. "It's okay. I was near to pray for you to get sick I could prescribe you something, like, love maybe?"

If her brain is working properly that night, she would've vomited from the grease, but maybe, since maybe is enough for now, she's sick for real.

"Night, Junmyeon." She deadpans and walks out from his car.

Later on, a regular Friday night schedule is added on Junmyeon's neverending patient's list.