Eight

Forget Me Not [HIATUS]

(Yongguk’s POV)

That night I decided we all needed a boys’ night out – and I seriously needed to drink. I had no idea how to look for Minhee and honestly a part of me doesn’t want to look for her since she has someone else in her life now.

We got ready to meet my fam somewhere around Itaewon. Ever since noona opened up her tattoo shop there, we’ve been frequenting Itaewon more than we used to. We totally forgot about Hongdae. Daehyun and me were threading on pins and needles and I didn’t know how to make things right. I get that he wants his noona back – I want Minhee back too. But things aren’t that simple anymore. Her memory is gone for goodness sake!

When we arrived, Yongnam already ordered drinks and being merry. Noona could sense the tension between Daehyun and me and made sure we sat far apart from each other. Ususally in situations like these, Minhee would be the one coaxing the both of us.

“I need some air” I told Himchan and walked out of the pub, not knowing where to head to. I walked inside a minimart, not sure what to get as well.

“Ahjumma, could I buy the whole carton of banana milk?”

“Mwo? Micheossuh?!”

“Wae? I bought it before someplace else…”

“Then get it from the other place!”

“Aissshhh this ahjumma! Fine! One pack of Marlboro Black then!”

I chuckled watching the scene, seeing it one too many times before. Even after losing her memory Minhee still loved her banana milk huh? She should’ve just gotten it at the minimart near our dorm. Wait. Why was she in Itaewon anyway? Was this fate?

Minhee stomped out the store and glared at the ahjumma, not caring that everyone else was staring at her. I decided not to get anything and followed her.

“Ehem. Jogiyo!” I lightly jogged up to her and tapped her shoulder.

“Ne?” Minhee turned and got a shock of her life. “Omo! Are you stalking me?!”

“Haha. No, I just… Because you look familiar that’s all”

“Ahh. I see. Well… Erm. I have to go now”

“Do you have time now?”

“Wae….?”

“I… Well there’s…. I mean… Do you – “

“HYUNG! NATASHA NOONA’S CALL – OH MY GOSH MINHEE NOONA!!!” Junhong literally screeched and ran towards her enveloping her small frame into his arms. .

“Ex.. Cuse me?” Minhee was frozen, she looked scared and lost.

“Let go of her Junhong…”

“Noona it’s me! Junhong! Zelo! Don’t you recognize me???” He said excitedly after letting her go.

“I… Erm…” Minhee looked back and forth between us trying to digest this new information. “You guys know me…?” She asked instead.

“Of course we do! Everyone misses you so much noona! Now you’re back you can reconci – “

“Everyone? Who’s everyone?” Minhee asked.

“Minhee... The thing is… Why not we show you?” I asked. Minhee nodded and followed us back to the pub; I was worried about everyone’s reaction and hers as well. What if she totally couldn’t recognize us? “Once we go inside, there’ll be people who miss and love you. If it’s too overwhelming, tell me and I’ll take you home” I whispered to her just before we went in. She nodded again.

“Look who we found!” Junhong said excitedly and pulled Minhee to the front. She bowed a little and smiled.

Everything was quiet for a while, then noona came forward with tears welling up in her eyes, reaching out for Minhee’s hand.

“Kim Minhee…. You’re back….”

“I… I’m sorry I don’t know…”

“It’s okay. Everything will be okay now. You will remember everything again…” I could see noona wanted to hug her but was afraid of Minhee’s reaction so she settled for cupping her face only. I gestured to Daehyun to come forth, I know he needs this.

“Noona….” Daehyun said as he stood in front of her, trying not to let his tears fall. “Please don’t leave us again….”

“M… Mwo…” Minhee looked confused and worried. It might have been a coincidental thing or she just had it in her, she hugged Daehyun and patted his back, trying to calm him down.

“B… But you don’t remember me… Or any of us right…”

“Mianhe…. Omo. You have a twin?!” Minhee exclaimed when she saw Yongnam sitting across. She looked back and forth us and it reminded me of the first time she found out I had a twin – we both decided to trick her, to see if she could tell us apart. She was skeptical the whole time when Yongnam tried to be me. That’s when I kinda knew she was a keeper.

“Do you want to stay with us?” I asked her, everyone’s eyes on her right now.

“I…. Erm… Oh. Hold on” Her phone was ringing and I caught a glimpse of the caller. Jared. Was that the guy? Minhee walked away as she picked up the call and I felt a little defeated.

“I don’t think I can do this guys” I sighed.

“Should we just tell her everything? Or would it be better if she found out for herself?” Yongnam questioned.

“I’m crazy scared about everything right now. Our last day together didn’t go down well…. Then came the accident. Would she blame me if she knew I lost our child? Because I was scared I couldn’t be a good dad? I considered giving up the child? I was too chicken to step up to her parents. I didn’t even try hard to look for her after she left Seoul. Maybe I should –“

“Erm. Hyung…” Jongup was trying to stop me from saying anything.

Minhee heard everything and it seemed like she wasn’t taking it well. She looked angry, sad and confused.

“Minhee” I started and got up.

“I need to go” She replied curtly and walked away from me. Again.