Lunch

Our Love Story

It was luch and they boys are on their way to the cafetaria. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were hand in hand, while Kyungsoo and Kai followed them from behind. Halfway to the cafetaria, they met Suho and Kyungsoo was about to go to Suho when he felt Kai’s hand holding his. Kyungsoo told Kai to let go, but the other boy just pretended to be busy, being the popular boy he was. Confused, Kyungsoo just smiled, telling Kai that he was just going to cancel his lunch with Suho. Kai then let go as he saw his crush walking to another man with a wider smile plastered on his face. Kai’s heart felt insecure.

 

Moments later, Kyungsoo came back by Kai’s side, but he could feel an awkward atmosphere. Kai was so silent that it worried Kyungsoo.

 

“Does something bother you?” Kyungsoo asked Kai.

 

“Why do you have to go there?” Kai snapped.

 

“What is it, Kai? I just told him to make another appointment as I couldn’t make it to this one.” Kyungsoo replied calmly with his motherly voice mode.

 

Kai didn’t reply, but he took Kyungsoo’s hand by force, going to the cafetaria to meet Baekhyun and Chanyeol who already made their way earlier. Because of the sudden action, all eyes were on Kyungsoo as  the school’s Dancing Machine dragged him to the cafetaria with their hands intertwined in a hasty manner. Kyungsoo body became tensed, but he followed the younger’s lead. From afar, Suho was looking at them with an interest.

 

In the cafetaria, Kai spotted the cuddly “couple” and he made his way to their table. Fortunately, Baekhyun already prepared the food for them earlier and Kai made a mental note for thanking the Drama Queen later.

 

“Kai, you can let go now,” Kyungsoo said, breaking Kai’s thought.

 

“Oh...” Kai let go as started to eat his lunch.

 

The “couple” saw them and they smiled to each other, knowing that Kai had an eternal crush towards Kyungsoo since the Freshmen year. The boys then ate slowly as they were talking about random topics here and there.

 

Suddenly, a tray was put on Kyungsoo left side as a certain Angelic man wanted to join their lunch group.

 

“Hey, mind if I join you guys?” Suho said, looking at Kyungsoo.

 

“Sunbae, of course we don’t mind~” Baekhyun said cheerfully.

 

“We? Are you sure?” Chanyeol said, a little bit pissed to Baekhyun’s way of answering the older boy.

 

“Well... I don’t mind, and I know that our Kyung is more than happy to have Suho sunbae here...”

 

“Really, Kyung?” Suho answered while ruffling Kyungsoo’s head while Kyungsoo just smiled it out awkwardly.

 

Seeing Suho’s action, Chanyeol just linked his arms around Baekhyun in a protective manner while Kai intertwined his lef hand with Kyungsoo’s right hand. Kyungsoo, being able to feel Kai’s insecurity in the suden approach, rubbed his thumb on Kai’s hand in a soothing way while Kai just tightened his hand. The rest of the lunch was awkward as Kai and Chanyeol tried to show Suho that he wasn’t welcomed there without Kyungsoo and Baekhyun knowing.

 

Suho, being the sensible person he is, got the signal as he finished his lunch quickly. He found it funny that Kai and Chanyeol turned into a protective “boyfriend” in a matter of second. People may think that they were couples, but Suho knew better that no one is dating anyone in the group.

 

“Okay boys, I’ll see you later.” Suho said

 

“That fast? Aren’t you worried of getting indigestion, sunbae?” Kyungsoo asked as his motherly side kicked out.

 

“Don’t worry, kiddo... I’ll be fine,” Suho answered as he stood up.

 

“I’ll see you at today’s club meeting after school, okay Kyung? Baek? Bye guys..” he then continued.

 

“Okay sunbae!” Baekhyun replied happily (again, to Chanyeol’s surprise)

 

“What’s up with the attitude, babe? Being all happy with another guy” Chanyeol said bitterly.

 

“What’s wrong with you? He’s a nice sunbae and he was talking about our practice later...” Baekhun repied, a little bit mad over his friend’s silly jealousy.

 

“Well, he wasn’t saying bye to me, and I am a part of the singing club too~” Chanyeol suddenly whined

 

“Maybe because you are a rapper and the three of us are the vocalists” Kyungsoo jumped into the converation.

 

“That’s non-ense, you know Kris and Tao also greet you guys even though they are rappers” Chanyeol said

 

Suddenly, Kyungoo could feel the sudden lost of warmth as Kai stood up, leaving the boys without any word. Clueless of what was happening, Kyungsoo told Chanyeol to go after Kai as he said that he had to take care of Kai’s leftover. Baekhyun also helped by taking care of Chanyeol’s leftover. At the moment, Chanyeol was touched and he knew that Baekhyun would a perfect boyfriend for him if he had the guts to confess. He dismissed the thought as he ran after Kai.

---