Communication is Key~

Horror Movies

 

Jinyoung, Youngjae and Mark lounged on the sofa of the GOT7 dorm room, staring at a rerun of some Korean drama they’d all seen about a thousand times with boredom. The only one with any real interest in it was BamBam, whose face currently was plastered against the TV screen. Jaebum, Jackson and Yugyeom had disappeared off to who knows where, leaving the four to sit around in utter boredom.

Growing fed up with the overused plotline of the drama, Mark rose to his feet. “Let’s watch a movie. I don’t know how you can watch this Bam.” Turning only slightly, Jinyoung raised an eyebrow up at the older boy.

“What kind of movie, hyung?” Youngjae asked. He really shouldn’t have. An evil grin spread across Mark’s face.

Oh no. That’s never good.

In all honesty, they all should’ve protested the second they found out what movie it was, but they all know that the only person who could argue with Mark (and win) was Jackson (or their manager but he doesn’t count). And since he wasn’t present, they made the silent agreement to it up and watch the movie. They lived to regret that decision. Well, aside from Youngjae who fell asleep ten minutes in and missed the whole thing. Mark decided on Ringu (1998), which he deemed as “the best horror movie ever”. Jinyoung was in for a terrible time.

The end credits were still playing when the other three arrived back home. Bypassing the living room, they set bags full of something that smelled really good on the counter in the kitchen. Youngjae bolted awake in a heartbeat, following the smell of food to the kitchen in a rush. Turning off the television, Mark and BamBam went to claim their supper as well. Jinyoung stayed put, balled into a blanket and breathing heavily from fright.

Eventually, the band members trickled out, turning the TV back on to watch Running Man, as was their regular Monday routine. Yugyeom brought Jinyoung his portion, setting down side dishes on the coffee table for everyone to eat as they pleased. Jaebum took his normal seat on Jinyoung’s right, glancing over at him curiously.

“Cold?”

Startled by the soft voice in his ear, he stuttered, “Yeah… I’m cold…” Jaebum quirked an eyebrow at him, but dropped it. If something were bothering Jinyoung, he’d be the first to know about it. Right? Maybe he was just cold.

Jinyoung was silent for the rest of the night. He couldn’t even bring himself to laugh when Gwangsoo tripped over his own feet and was ousted by Jongkook on Running Man. The movie just kept replaying through his mind. He was the last to head to bed that night, and his room light remained on. Thankfully, the maknae line liked sleeping with those flashing lights on so it wouldn’t bother them.

As if sensing something was wrong with the younger man, Jaebum untangled himself from the sleeping Youngjae and headed into Jinyoung’s room. He quietly entered, thinking he was asleep. Sitting down gently on the edge of the bed, Jinyoung bolted up and away from him with a scream. Realizing it was just Jaebum, he instantly quieted and relaxed.

Jaebum crawled into the bed next to him, pulling him so he could rest his head against his chest. “Nyoungie, tell me what’s wrong.”

Jinyoung sighed, closing his eyes. “I’m just a little jumpy today is all… Don’t worry about it, hyung.” Jaebum arched an unseen eyebrow at him, but Jinyoung had already known he did it. “Please… can’t we just cuddle?” Jaebum almost protested but seeing how relaxed Jinyoung was, he decided to drop it once again. Maybe he’d tell him in the morning, when this all had passed. Jaebum gently moved the sleepy Jinyoung so he could spoon the younger. Soon, he too, was asleep, breathing in the warm comfortable scent of Jinyoung’s vanilla shampoo.

To Jaebum’s misfortune, the fright had not passed by morning, and Jinyoung still refused to tell him. Above all else, it only served to irritate him. His hair stylist kept quiet that morning as if sensing his irritation. It only seemed to worsen every time he stole a glance over at Jinyoung and saw him happily chattering and joking with Yugyeom as if nothing had happened.

In the chair next to him, BamBam leant over to grab his attention. Flashing a devilish smile, he asked, “Are umma and appa fighting?”

Jaebum snuffed him over the head.

~*~

As the group returned that night, all of them exhausted and hungry, Jinyoung’s hyperawareness returned tenfold. As they ate, they watched their new episode of IGOT7, yet Jinyoung had once again shrunken back into his reclusive bubble. He didn’t even laugh at Jackson spraying his face pitch black without him even knowing it. Despite JB and Mark’s prodding, he kept reassuring him that he was fine.

When everyone wandered off to bed, Jaebum decided he’d had enough and confronted him. “Jinyoung, tell me what’s going on.”

“Just go to bed, hyung. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow,” Junior replied without glancing at him. Instead, he focused his attention on the soapy water and the pile of dishes that needed washing.

Growing increasingly more frustrated, Jaebum slammed his hand down on the counter, causing Jinyoung to jump. “I’m not stupid and I’m most definitely not blind, Jinyoung!” he growled. Attempting to gain control of his temper, he forced his voice to be calmer and continued, “You and I are going to discuss this, man to man, adult to adult, leader to member, lover to lover. Don’t shut me out… please…”

Jinyoung paused his washing in contemplation. He’ll just think I’m stupid and call me a baby like he used to. He shook his head and finished washing the last plate. Putting the dish up, Jinyoung turned to walk away from Jaebum. “Not tonight. I’m too tired to have this argument now.”

Jaebum moved between him and the door, raising a hand to stop him. His face remained stoic but his temper boiled beneath the collected surface, just waiting to explode. The fast movement caused Junior to flinch away, as if afraid. Why am I suddenly scared of him? This broke Jaebum apart, his anger dissipating and being replaced by hurt. “Why do you jump and quail away from me? Do you honestly think I’d hit you?” his voice cracked, unable to keep the heartbreak out of his voice.

Why does my body not trust him anymore? Jinyoung mulled this over as Jaebum’s questions went answered only with silence.

Jaebum’s eyes widened, but the pain overwhelmed any anger the unspoken words seemed to portray. Don’t you know I’d never hurt you, Jin? “I’m going to bed…” he mumbled, rushing out of the kitchen and to his shared room with Youngjae.

Tears finally broke and fell as Jinyoung watched his retreating back. “I’m so sorry Jaebum-ah. I don’t know what to tell you.”

As he slowly trekked back to his room, he failed to notice a duo silently watching him go.

Once Jinyoung was gone, Jackson turned from where he’d been watching them, frowning. “I’ve never seen Jaebum-hyung so much as glare at Jinyoungie, why would he think he’d hit him? Mark, you know Jinyoung better than I do. Has JB ever hit him? JB doesn’t seem like the physical type. Except that time when he hit me for being ‘rude’… or that time we brawled in the practice room… and the time I – ”

“Oh my God, Jackson, would you shut up!” Mark finally snapped at him. “If you’re going to ask a question, at least give me time to speak. Jeez…”

“Sorry.”

Mark nodded, accepting the apology. “Jinyoung is not afraid that Jaebum will hit him. He just doesn’t want to admit that the scary movie we watched yesterday freaked him out so he jumps at every unexpected sound or movement.”

“Well, what a !” Mark smacked him, shooting him an angry look. “What? He’s making Jaebum believe he doesn’t trust him, when it’s his stupid pride or getting in the way!”

Mark hit him again. “And you don’t think Junior’s not thinking the same thing? He’s misinterpreting his extended hyper awareness for s slight mistrust in Jaebum, when really it’s just a panicked instinct.”

“Oh…”

“You don’t get it do you?”

“No, I do!”

“Jackson!”

“Fine, I don’t understand why, but I understood what you said.”

“Then think about it.” And with that Mark turned to return to their room.

“Ooh, I love to watch you walk away.” Running after him, he called, “Does that mean we can have y time now?”

“…maybe…”

~*~

The next day, it was evident to everyone that a fight had occurred between their beloved JJ Project couple. Jinyoung’s eyes were bloodshot and bagged as if he hadn’t slept and had cried his eyes out. Jaebum’s temper flared at the smallest mistake. He even bit off Mark’s head for landing a trick wrong.

Nursing his ankle after landing wrong, Mark sat confused as Jaebum seemed to just blame him for everything that went wrong so far today. He kept silent, not one to protest but not fully blaming himself either. Finally, Jackson had enough of it. “What’s your problem today? Can’t you see that Mark is hurt? Don’t you know that he wouldn’t hurt himself intentionally?” Helping Mark get on his back, he helped him get situated on the couch in the practice room.

Jaebum stood speechless but his anger still boiled. Jinyoung stood up from where he sat on the floor. “Where are you going?” Jaebum snapped at him.

Jinyoung, who rarely got angry, finally snapped at that. “Where am I going? Where am I going?” Junior mimicked. “I am going to help Mark-hyung. Since, unlike you, I actually care that he’s hurt.”

That just proved to worsen JB’s temper. “I do care, believe it or not. But if he hadn’t have been distracted, he wouldn’t be hurt, now would he? And I cared about you last night, but you just blew me off.  I'm not some heartless bastard, Jinyoung! What the hell did I do for you to believe that?”

The practice room went silent. Their choreographer stared awkwardly at the scene, confused as to what to do. He chose to remain silent and instead shuffle everyone else out of the room. Whatever was going on between the two, they can fight it out.

Unfortunately, JYP had picked today to pop his head into the practice room to see their progress.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, what is with the tension in the room?” he proclaimed entering the room. “You are going to tell me what’s wrong so hyung can solve it. That is, unless you want cleaning duty… just the two of you… alone… in this room…”

Junior remained silent, trying to stifle his mouth from just blowing his and Jaebum’s secret. Neither knew if PD-nim would accept them as couple or if he would just kick them out of the company. But they had to say something or else they both have to clean the practice room. First of all, the practice room gets dirty as hell after all of them have sweated their weight off four times. Second of all, it would mean him and Jaebum would be in the same room for hours with no one else. And last of all, that time can be used for sleeping (or trying to).

Seeing that Junior wasn’t going to say anything, Jaebum spoke up for the both of them. “Him and I are just arguing is all; you shouldn’t waste your time on us,” he tried to reason with him.

“What kind of argument?” JYP prodded, crossing his arms. “Is it about practice or is it a lover’s spat?”

Jinyoung’s eyes widened, Jaebum’s jaw dropped, and Jackson (that ing ) started laughing. “Excuse me, sir?”

Park Jinyoung legitimately started laughing. “You honestly think I couldn’t have known about you two dating? There is a reason I’ve kept you together all these years. You two are compatible, musically and romantically. So is this fight a lover’s spat or not?” JB and Junior could only stare at their producer. He believed in them so much, he’d be willing to look past their relationship. It was actually kind of touching.

“It is a personal fight, yes,” Jaebum answered. He dropped his head. “We didn’t mean to interrupt practice. We can get back to it. And I’m sorry for biting your head off Mark. I know it wasn’t your fault. I was just irritated.”

Their producer raised an eyebrow, not that convinced. “What is this fight about? Personal or not, so long as it is not about your lives, I want to know. Especially if it is inhibiting your ability to keep calm and focused on rehearsal,” he pried. “So spill it.”

Jaebum sighed. Obviously, Jinyoung wasn’t going to speak anytime soon. “Honestly, Hyung-nim, I have no idea. Jinyoung won’t tell me what’s going on, he’s flinching away from me like I’m going to hit him, and I feel like he probably doesn’t love me as much as I love him,” he admitted. “I feel like if he wants to break up with me, he should stop toying with my feelings and do it already.”

“No!”

All eyes suddenly turned to Jinyoung.  “No, what?” Jaebum prompted.

Jinyoung shook his head. “I don’t want to break up with you, Jaebummie-hyung. Never! I do love you with all my heart, but I don’t know what’s going on. I’d tell you if I knew, but I don’t know.”

“Then let me help you, Nyoungie! That’s what I’m here for, as your boyfriend and your leader. Tell me what’s going on so I can fix it.” Jaebum pleaded. Junior looked down, not wanting to tell him.

Mark decided to step in, sick of the fighting and feeling as if this argument was meant for a private situation, not for everyone to see, especially not their producer. “Let him try and figure it out on his own first, Jaebum. If he truly needs your help, he’ll tell you.” Standing up, wincing slightly from his ankle, he walked over and bowed to JYP. “We thank you for your concern but it really isn’t necessary.”

Leaning in to whisper in Mark’s ear, he replied. “Keep me updated.” Turning to leave, he called, “Get back to practice. Your manager has been updated with your new schedules and I expect them to be perfect.” With that said, he made some weird salute-like gesture and was out the door.

~*~

The next time Jaebum and Jinyoung found themselves alone oddly felt like déjà vu. Jinyoung had once again lost and was tasked with washing the dishes, so Jaebum decided it was an opportune moment to talk with him again. However, before he could even enter the kitchen, Mark cut him off. “Why don’t you and I have a little chat? It’s been a while since we’ve talked just us, friend-to-friend.” The tone he used made Jaebum realize he really didn’t have much of a choice. Following Mark into Markson’s room, it didn’t even dawn on him that Jackson wasn’t even present.

Sitting down on Jackson’s bed, Jaebum asked, “Mark, what is this about? I want to talk to Jinyoung sometime tonight.”

“That…” Mark started, “is exactly what we’re going to talk about.” Moving over so he was as close to the leader as possible, he stared straight into Jaebum’s saddened eyes. “Jinyoung is confused. He doesn’t understand his feelings and is beginning to misinterpret them. Let him figure it out on his own.”

“But…”

Mark cut him off. “Everyone knows how head-over-heels in love you two are with each other. Even a like Jackson can see it. But in order for a relationship to work, sometimes you just gotta take a step back and let things work themselves out.”

Jaebum shifted so his rested on Mark’s shoulder. “Did that ever happen with you and Jackson? I mean Jackson doesn’t seem like the patient type.”

Mark chuckled. “He’s not, but yeah. There was a time back when we first started dating. I felt homesick and stuck. I kept messing up the tricks and kept getting more and more frustrated with myself. The distance Jackson gave me during that time really helped me, and I learned to cherish him so much more, even if he can be an idiot at times.” Mark hugged JB. “Give him time. He’ll come around eventually.”

Meanwhile, Jackson put the second half of the plan into action. Sneaking into the kitchen, he crept straight up behind Jinyoung, wearing a clown mask. He exhaled loudly, hoping and succeeding in getting Jinyoung’s attention. Turning around quickly, Jinyoung almost screamed and dropped the glass he was washing. Thankfully, Jackson clamped a hand over his mouth whilst pulling the glass out of his hand.

Taking the mask off, Jackson finally removed his hand. “Jesus Christ, Jackson! You scared the living hell out of me! Why would you do that? I could’ve broken something!” Junior blabbered out quickly. Jackson just leaned back on the table, looking smug as hell. Jinyoung leaned against the counter, a hand over his racing heart. “Seriously, what is wrong with you?”

Remaining calm, Jackson argued back, “What is wrong with me? Just a week ago you would’ve just laughed at me if I did that. Now you jump at every slight movement. And you think there’s something wrong with me?”

Junior had fallen silent. Did he really? “I don’t jump at everything… do I?”

“YES!” Jackson practically yelled in exasperation. “What the hell spooked you so much? Seriously, you flinched at Jaebum-hyung earlier. , you even jumped when the toaster popped this morning.”

The movie! That stupid movie! This is all Mark’s fault! Why did I let him show me that movie? Oh my God, I can’t believe I thought I didn’t trust Jaebum. God, I’m so stupid! A movie almost ended us. , I need to go apologize.

“But, wait, why would a movie cause me to jump for so long after seeing it?” Junior suddenly thought out loud.

Jackson decided that the best way to answer that was by Gibbs’ slapping him. “I know people who were scared for weeks after seeing a scary movie. Besides, most of those movies are psychological horror. They’re meant to stay with you.” Seeing Junior’s stumped face, he continued. “Remember when we showed Yugyeom The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Did you know he alternated between sleeping with me and Mark, and Youngjae and JB for a whole month? Trust me. It stays with you.”

“Oh come on, that wasn’t even scary!” Pausing for a moment, he thought out loud. “Why didn’t he ever curl up with me? I’m the mom, and I don’t mind cuddling.”

Jackson shrugged it off. “Maybe because two is better than one? I don’t know.”

“Hey, Jackson…” Turning to fully face Junior, he was suddenly met by a body slamming into him for a huge hug. “Thank you.” Not one to refuse a hug, Jackson hugged back with gusto, crushing the poor mom’s body.

Running off, Junior wanted to apologize as quickly as he could. He’d been stupid and unintentionally hurt Jaebum. “HE’S IN MY ROOM WITH MARK!” Jackson shouted after him. Veering into that direction, he sped into the room without knocking.

Coming into the room, he just bowled straight into both men. He could have sworn he heard JB say, “Eventually was sooner than expected.” But, he chalked it off as his mind making that up. Junior buried his head into Jaebum’s chest. (Mark felt like such a third wheel from where he sat trapped under half of Jinyoung’s weight, which is not as light as you’d expect it to be.)

“I’m so sorry, Jaebummie-hyung! I’m so dumb. I didn’t mean to hurt you, but I was so confused and kept misreading my feelings. I thought me jumping when you came at me was because I didn’t trust you subconsciously, but I’ve been doing that for everything, so I guess I’m just scared, because of God damn Mark and that God damn movie. Speaking of him, where did he go, wasn’t he just here?” Jinyoung rambled.

Mark had retreated out of the room during that word explosion. Being the silent member really does pay off.

Jaebum laughed. “Don’t worry about Mark. You can exact your revenge later.” Pulling Jinyoung into his lap, Jaebum nuzzled Junior’s cheek with his nose. “I’m sorry for getting mad at you. I just hate not being able to help you when you’re hurt. You know you can tell me anything. Hurt as I was, I know now you didn’t mean it. I forgive you, so stop apologizing.”

Jinyoung sighed, planting a gentle kiss on Jaebum’s forehead. “Thank you for putting up with my stupid self. I love you, hyung!”

A growl escaped Jaebum’s throat. Kissing Jinyoung’s alluring lips, he kissed along his sharp jawline and down his neck. “God, I’ve missed you, Nyoungie. You have no idea how much I missed you calling me ‘hyung’ like that.”

Giggling, Junior claimed JB’s lips again. “Hyung~” he squirmed in Jaebum’s lap. “Hyung, we’re still in their room. Let’s go back to my room and watch a stupid movie,” he offered as Jaebum continue to mark his neck. “Better yet, why don’t we make Youngjae sleep with the other kids, so we can stay in your room.”

“You little fox. I knew there was a reason I love you,” Jaebum complimented.

Jinyoung got up, grabbing his hand and pulling Jaebum out of the room with a flirtatious smirk. Jackson and Mark watched them pass from behind the couch. As soon as the Jaebum’s door closed, Jackson sprung up from behind it.

“I see hickeys on Jinyoungie’s neck. They better not have done anything on my bed!” Jackson complained.

Mark laughed, standing up to run a comforting hand down Jackson’s arm. “From the look on Jaebum’s face, they haven’t even started yet.” Taking his hand, Mark pulled him into their room. “Why don’t we congratulate ourselves on getting them back to together?”

Finally catching the hint, Jackson smirked, “Ooh I like that idea.” He claimed Mark’s lips, biting into the plump lip while animalistic growling escaped his throat.

The door slammed behind them.

.

.

.

Youngjae, with his pillow in his hand, left his room with a huff right as Markson’s door closed. “Stupid hyung line and their stupid libido. Can’t even sleep in my own room. Protect the babies my . They just don’t want to be disturbed by Yugyeom asking if Jaebummie-hyung is hurting Jinyoungie-hyung,” Youngjae mumbled as he reached the maknae’s room. He sighed. “At least it’s better than Jaebum-hyung being depressed.”

 


Thank you everyone for reading. I started this earlier this year and recently had a huge rush of JJ-Project feels, so I felt the need to finish it. I want to thank IAmTheCarla for editing this, although you fail because you don't get my reference, but other than that, you're perfect <3

For those wondering what my next project is, I'll be working on Season II of New Family with MBLAQ and B2ST as well as some miscellaneous one shots with some unpopular ships, like Mikarem or HanJoo. My warning to those waiting for Season II, none of it will be posted until it's entirely written. 

Anyway, please comment and subscribe. It makes me happy and makes my day.