I'm back

It's Been Awhile

Bobby eased the door open with a barely audible click. The silence was the first that greeted him; darkness comfortably blanketing his tired eyes. It’s been a long week for Bobby but he knew it was even longer for Hanbin.

 

For their monthly evaluation they were working on a new track and dance combo. The excitement of the leader’s constantly developing ideas was draining. A song choice would turn into a concept which would provided new performance ideas, turning minutes into hours, leading well into the night.

 

3 to 4 hours of sleep had turned into 40-minute snippets before everyone gathered for morning practice. How his dongsaeng’s brain still functioned enough to catch Junhoe’s misdouble-step or Donghyuk’s arm alignment wasn’t even conceivable to his sleep-deprived mind.

 

B.I joked “Hyung, I’m pretty sure your getting old” as he kicked Bobby out of the studio, stating his help and company was no longer needed. Proclaiming his oldness would rub off of him and infect his youthful robustness.

 

It was 4 days away from the monthly evaluation but all of the finalizations and fix-me’s were taken care of. Bobby knew B.I still wanted to stay for a bit longer to evaluate their practice videos. The fight in his best friend’s face deterred Bobby from trying to persuade him to come back with him. But the worried tone in the younger’s carefree teasing convinced him to walk back to the dorm early.

 

Taking off his shirt, Bobby rinsed his face as quietly as he could. The stillness in the dorm proved intimidating to disturb. His bleary eyes stared back at him as he noticed the traces of guilt.

 

He wished he could do more to ease Hanbin’s mind, but he knew how he got when it got closer to the evaluation days. The quiet, bright lights of the studio and the replay button were sometimes the only things that calmed the leader down and provided peace to his constantly wheeling mind. An option he chose too often over the comforts of sleep and company of others.

 

Loneliness briefly settled down onto his shoulders, slightly weighing him down as he walked into his room. Whenever stress pushed him a little to far his heart always reached out for some sort of connection like his midnight cravings for chocolate and all things fatty.

 

Gingerly, he walked into his dark room, picking up his feet so his wouldn’t disturb Sassy Maknae, not having the heart to disturb him from precious rest. Cautiously fumbling to get closer to his bed, Bobby slipped his leg in as his body anticipated the crisp coldness of untouched comforters.

 

 

An unexpected grumble filled the quiet room as Bobby jerked his leg back in surprise, bumping his head as he hastily got up. Through the jarring, Bobby slowly became aware of the lack of Junhoe’s presence in the bunk above. Sleep filled eyes looked up at him, as a light unacknowledged “welcome back” hung in the air.

 

The silence settled down comfortably, surrounding them in warmth as he looked down at his long time friend. Realization dawned on Bobby as a grin broke out on his face “Mmmmm, Hyung, have you been lonely since Hanbin’s been coming in late?“ Bobby teased as Jinhwan slowly sat up, sleep still heavy on his body as a lethargic frown creased his face.

 

Watching the blankets slip off Jinhwan, Bobby saw him trying to clear his mind. His muscle slowly catching up as he tried to cobble up words together to form a cohesive thought. “ Ahh, I’m sorry.. I… Junhoe and I were talking... and he..fell asleep on my bed... I didn’t want to sleep in Hanbin’s cause he barely get’s to sleep.. in his bed.”

 

Bobby grinned, holding on to the top bunk for support, he used his whole body to lean in closer. “Ooohh, but it’s okay if I end up on the floor?” Looking down through crinkled eyes, he saw his friend's face slowly form a sleepy pout. “Ah.. no, I wasn’t really thinking about that” Pausing to put on an understanding face, Bobby replied “ it’s okay, I am kind and generous and will overlook you being inconsiderate” as he happily hummed sliding in next to his smaller groggy teammate.

 

“I was getting sad because you don’t visit me anymore, Jinhwannie-Hyung” Bobby snuggled in closer. The older boy retracted further into the covers, squirming away towards the colder edges of the bed. “that’s because you’re getting too big, you need to stop working out” was Jinhwan’s muffled reply, making him sound further away.

 

Jiwon heavily draped his warm arm around him, bringing him in closer. “mmmm” was his content reply as he listened to his friend’s even breathing, letting the sounds pull him further into his own dreams.

 

 

Author's Note: My sister really liked the idea of them sharing beds as younger trainees and as they grew bigger they couldn't fit in the same bed so Jinhwan would just jump bed every other night or so. XD They're just so comfortable being intimate with each other in public, i thought this was such a plausible idea