/ TEASER

  최고천의 / EMPYREAN。 APPLY OPEN

 

EMPYREAN

TEASER ONE: JYP TRAINEES AND THEIR HALLOWEEN PARTY


On October 31st, the night of Halloween, a certain dorm was bustling with excitement as they hurriedly decorated the dorm and prepared snacks for their impromptu Halloween Party, that would start at around 6pm. The Halloween Party was the kind of party that was decided on the spot upon hearing rumors about the other parties that their seniors would be attending, and because the hosts of the party, Jonghyun, Jaehoon and Jihoon had nothing better to do on Halloween.

It was approximately 5:23pm when the sound of knocking resonated from the dorm's door. "Jihoon! Open the door, won't you?" Said boy, Jihoon, who was in the midst of pinning up the black and orange streamers rolled his eyes in response and continued to pin on the streamers, ignoring the request of the voice coming from the kitchen. Seconds later, the knocking came again but this time, with the voice of someone else.

"Oi! Someone open up! You do realize that eight boxes of pizza is really hot and heavy, right?" The voice from outside the door yelled, causing Jihoon to scoff from his spot on the ladder. "Hah! You do realize that you wouldn't be able to knock on the door if you're holding eight boxes of pizza, Go Serunt?"

The girl on the other side, Serin, responded with a violent kick towards the door, making Jihoon jump slightly.

"If you don't open up within the next ten seconds, I'll break it down. Then you'll have to pay for the repair out of your own pocket." She threatened innocently. "Ugh." Jihoon climbed down the ladder without another word and sauntered towards the door, where he pulled it open. What he was met with, upon opening the door, had suprised him as he backed away slightly while staring at the unexpected guest, with a dazed expression. "A-Ara-ssi. What are you doing here?" Jihoon snapped out of his daze and stepped away from the front entrance, making space for the girl to walk in. "She's here to help me, of course." Serin exclaimed as she appeared from behind the taller girl. She kicked off her boots and walked inside, making her way towards the kitchen.

Before Serin stepped into the kitchen, however, she turned to Jihoon with a grin on her face. She knew about his little crush on Ara and couldn't help but feel the need, to help them get aqquainted- because knowing Jihoon, he would never gather enough courage or even have the balls to approach her, nonetheless talk to her. "The pizza is still outside. So bring it in, won't you? Thanks. Oh! and since Ara-eonnie has nothing better to do right now, she can totally help you out!" Without another word, She disappeared through the doorframe, causing Jihoon to inwardly curse at the younger girl.

Damn that Serin. She did this on purpose, didn't she? Jihoon thought to himself as he discreetly glanced over at Ara, who was busy doing something on her phone. He rubbed the back of his nape slightly, feeling somewhat nervous at the thought of being in the same room as Ara. 
Jihoon had always thought that the girl was a refined and sensible girl- he thought she was the kind of girl who liked mature guys rather than loud ones who always made jokes and puns, like himself. Would she bother with someone like me? Probably not. But even so, should I talk to her? Ara had been on her phone for a while now, Jihoon noted. He began to wonder if she was texting some guy, or perhaps even her boyfriend. His shoulders dropped at the thought. Serin gave me a chance to be alone with Ara, so should I say something? If I don't talk to her, I could never get this opportunity again. Ara had suddenly looked up from her phone which had caused Jihoon to panic. He quickly diverted his gaze somewhere else, hoping that she didn't notice him staring. Okay, this is more chance. I'm gonna do it.

"Uh, hi." Jihoon turned towards her and bowed.

.:.

"Greetings Danbi, Eunbi-eonnie and Hyunae! Who's excited for the Halloween Party?" 

As soon as Serin stepped through the doorframe, she exchanged greetings with the trainees who were quietly making nutella sandwiches. Jang Hyunae, a brunette who was lazily sprawled across the kitchen bench, brightened up at the sight of the older girl. "Ah! Thank god, you're here to help us out! Did you know that Danbi is a total slave driver? She wouldn't let us take a break, even though we've been working for hours! And, Eunbi-eonnie is no fun!" Hyunae whined toSerin.

"No, I'm not! We only started half an hour ago and you only made like two sandwiches!" Danbi exclaimed. "Don't lie! I'm pretty sure I made more than that." Hyunae huffed, crossing her arms. Serin 
looked around the kitchen, completely ignoring Hyunae and Danbi as they bickered. 

"Say, where is Jongjong-oppa?" She asked, tilting her head.

Serin had been looking foward to seeing Jonghyun ever since she heard about the Halloween Party. She hadn't seen him in forever, or so she would say, and she would be lying if she said that she didn't miss him. The two, Jonghyun and Serin hadn't had any time to hang out or catch up, let alone text each other, due to their training and studies. Serin frowned at the thought. She couldn't even remember the last time they saw each other.

"Unfortunately, you just missed him. He went off to the super market, just before you arrived," Eunbi answered, whilst placing another sandwich onto the large plate of nutella sandwiches. The dark haired girl looked up at Serin, "We also didn't have any other ingredients to put in the sandwiches aside from this- if you're wondering why we're making nutella sandwiches of all things." She explained sheepishly. Serin only nodded. No wonder why she hadn't even caught of glimpse of him ever since she stepped into the dorm. "Oh. I see." Disappointment was evident, and Eunbi could only giggle at that.

"Don't worry, you'll see him-" 

"Yeah, well, I only ate three. How much did you eat, huh? Come on, I saw you downing those sandwiches in single bites!" Danbi yelled while pointing accusingly at Hyunae, who frowned and flicked Danbi's forehead in one fluid motion.

"I'm no english!"

.:.

"Eh?" Jonghyun raised an eyebrow, "Since when did you get so formal, Jihoon?" He asked, wondering why on earth Jihoon had bowed towards him as soon as he stepped through the door. They had been roommates for a while now and never had Jihoon bowed towards him like that. Not even the first time they had met. "Are you high?"

Jihoon looked up at Jonghyun, with his mouth agape. "What? No! Of course not." He sputtered in disbelief, both from the fact that Jonghyun had just asked if he was high and because he completely failed at his one and only shot of improving his sad and lonely, love life.

TO BE CONTINUED LMAO
NOW MAY I PRESENT THE AUTHORS NOTE WOO
pero was here. weeps bec the parts i wrote were short and stupid otl
coughs please excuse our mistakes and errors

maroon is english yay. so may i present out very first teaser which was written by pero and wen. weeps. jihoon though hahahaa now we know what goes through that big, obnoxious head of his. so the trainees featured in here aren't confirmed just so you know. we just felt it would be fun to write about your characters, so you can get a feel of out writing qwhooop. we're really excited to start the story and we're really thankful to those who have applied. pls accept our love .:. dorkachu

featuring jyp trainees kim jihoon, go serin, jin ara, kim danbi, yoon eunbi, jang hyunae, song jonghyun and lee jaehoon's name yay. reviews will be up soon too ok