8 4 0 3 2

8 4 0 3 2

"One Chocolate flavored bubble tea, please." Sehun orders as he points out the tallest size available. The counter then asks for his name as Sehun says, "For H,"

Few minutes passed and hollers of “Upper sized Chocolate flavored bubble tea for H!” began. Sehun quickly stood up as he streched out his arm on the counter, reaching for his desired beverage. As soon as he got a grip of its container, unknown soft fingers suddenly touched his.

He looks aside as he sees this little blonde holding the same drink as he is.”What are you doing?” Sehun queries, “Its you who should I ask, mister. Why are you holding my order?” The irate boy responded as his left wavy eyebrow raised.

Sehun chukles, still not letting go of the bubble tea. “I’m H, okay? And I bet none of the people here in this cafè would ever think of giving a single letter name like what I did,”

"Except for me," The boy scoffs as he tugs the container. Of course, Sehun inevitably reacted the same. None of them stopped, just like how little kids fight over a robot talking toy.

Sehun gave up, finally realizing how immature and childish he was. He let go of the bubble tea, making it spill over the boy’s clothes.

"What the ?!" The boy blurted out. Sehun chortled, too obvious to let him be heard. "Look, it’s all yours now." Sehun says as he walks out empty-handed leaving the messed blonde. He was pissed, but somehow contented.

 

420 s

 


 

Sehun reaches the bus stop. A bus was already waiting succeeded by a lengthy line. Sehun queued. The bus was almost full, and no seats seemed to be available. But Sehun is the impatient type of person. He stepped inside the crowd, hearing another footsteps sounds who apparently followed him.

He went in further until he reached the end. Sehun sees this two vacant seats. He was about to go towards it until someone budged him aside, making him almost fall. He turns to look at the person, but all he sees was this same boy he had spilled over earlier in the café.

Sehun had no choice, so he ended up sitting beside the boy who just ruined his day. The trip was almost an hour, and so Sehun leans back, making his head rest as he closed his eyes.

Sehun was suddenly startled by a head who actually leaned on his shoulder. It was actually the little blonde guy.

Sehun looked at this boy; gazing at him steadily. He realized he looks so demure and fragile while sleeping. He didn’t saw that annoying boy he just met earlier. He is now looking at this beautiful blonde, leaning on him while sleeping so delicately; somehow like a fallen angel.

Sehun smiles unexpectedly as he rests his head back again, slowly dozing off.

 

412 s

 


 

Sehun opens his eyes. It was dark and empty. He realizes everyone was gone. Gray skies and downhearted roads greeted Sehun. The bus had already stopped, and it seemed like it had stopped for years. And he’s all by himself now.

He looks at his side. He’s still there. The boy whom he had mistaken as an angel was still there, still sleeping peacefully while leaning on his shoulders. Sehun realizes he’s not alone. He still has someone to hold on to for the rest of the night.

He didn’t want to disturb this boy, but Sehun has too. They’re in the middle of nowhere in this eerie road and only the moonlight was their company.

"Wake up! Wake up!" Sehun loudly whispers at the boy. The boy slightly opens his eyes, still trying to cope up with the situation since it’s still blurry. "Look, I don’t know you, okay? And I really hate you. But we’re in the middle of nowhere and it’s just the two of us!" Sehun wanted to panic, but he also want to maintain his dignity as a man.

"What?!" The boy blurted out with fear and dread written all over his face. "Where’s e-everyone?" He succeedingly asked, stuttering.

"It seemed like the bus already stopped hours ago and everyone got off. The driver must’ve not seen us since we both slept. Worst, we’re at the end seats." Sehun tells the boy as he stood up, "I’m gonna check if the keys were left," but the boy held his hand, too tightly, yet softly.

"D-don’t go… Don’t leave me here alone," The boy is still stuttering filled with fright. Sehun made a coy beam as he pulled the boy, making him stand up.

"Okay, okay. I won’t hate you now. You can go with me," Sehun chuckles. "So you really tried leaving me here alone, don’t you?" The boy complains, just like a little kid throwing tantrums for not being given an ice cream.

The boy seemed like he’s the same age as Sehun, but Sehun sees him like he needs to protect him; be with him, always.

Sehun just chortled, holding the boy’s hand like his whole life depended on it. They walked towards the driver’s seat and found nothing. “So, what now?” The boy calmly asks. “Guess we just have to wait here until morning?” Sehun replies, scratching his head nearly confused.

The boy sluggishly sat on one of the seats, pouting. He looks at his phone, “It’s already midnight and argghh,” The boy groans irritately, “There’s no signal in this damn place! How can we go home?!” As he kicked one of the metal poles beside him.

Sehun also checked his phone but saw worst, “My phone is freaking drained, damn it!” Sehun growls.

The road seemed empty and no signs of people were seen everywhere. “Oh my god, look!” The boy stood up, pointing at some bright place screaming in various colors.

It was a carnival.

Sehun smiles, finally realizing some people were near them at this point of time. They hurriedly got off from the bus and headed to the carnival the boy was pointing at. It was actually really nearby and obvious. And Sehun sure doesn’t quite get the fact that it was burning bright and he didn’t even notice it earlier brought by too much panic and fright that lingered inside him.

"Look, I’m not really good in Korean." The boy confesses as they were walking down for the opened carnival. Sehun looks at him as the boy heads down, looking so lost and wasted — like a little boy who just broke his favorite car toy.

Sehun chuckles, too obvious for the boy to get annoyed. “I’m Chinese, okay?! I just got here a year ago being an exchange student! And Korean is not my native language, duh. What’s funny about that?” The boy added.

Sehun turns away, putting his focus back on the streets as he walks step after a step. You’re just too cute to be missed by a millisecond — Sehun thought.

 


 

They reached the carnival. Seeing all those people having fun with every ride and having a good time with their friends and families, Sehun knew they’re in a safer place.

"Come on, let’s go there!" The boy points out at a dainty carousel as he grips on Sehun’s hand.

Sehun could’ve shoved him away — but he doesn’t know why he didn’t.

The boy chose this white pale horse stuffed with a pink saddle covered with blue and purple lilies as Sehun chose whatever it is beside it.

"You know, this is the first time I had ever tried a carousel," the boy says as he caresses the artifical metalled horse. "Ever since I was young, my parents would always just go to work, and I would just be left all alone in our home, playing with no one,"

Sehun looks straightly at the boy’s eyes seeing how the tears were being forcefully held back. “Yeah, I can say we’re rich and all. I can almost say I can have everything I want. But still, there are these things which I really can’t buy,” The boy wipes his betraying tears.

Sehun felt hurt and somehow broken by the boy’s words. He got off from his ride and held on to the boy, “Look, forget about the past. We could, we could,” Sehun looks away, finding the perfect words for this guy, “We could have fun all night!” Sehun smiles at the boy genuinely as the latter returned back the favor, forming the most precious beam Sehun had ever seen.

Next stop, they played on booth games. Sehun would just hit on the bottled pyramids as the boy would just cheer on him actively. It was the last try and Sehun swore he should get that giant deer plushie. He threw the ball, but failed.

"Awww," The boy frowns, added by a pout. Oh God stop, I’m having the urge to kiss those red pouting lips of yours — Sehun thinks as he ends up putting his arm around on the boy’s other shoulder, "I’m s-"

"Okay, I’ll give you this one last chance since you two really look cute together." The man assisting the game finally said. The boy jumped out of joy as he massaged Sehun’s shoulders, more like giving him the energy to hit the pyramid, "You can do it!"

Sehun smiles as he focuses onto the bottles. He threw the ball straightly, making the built pyramid to fall apart. The boy leaps with happiness as he claps simultaneously while reaching out for the fluffy deer plushie being given to him. And Sehun would just look at him smiling, just like watching a little kid having the biggest star stamp in the class on his hand.

They spent the rest of the night playing various games and trying different rides. They bought pink and blue cotton candies added by the free face paint photo booth.

Sehun would put an enormous mustache on the angelic face of the boy with a clowny red big nose. And the boy would just draw huge black eyebrows and countless freckles on Sehun’s cheek. They both wore fake large beards and silly joker hats as they took their photograph, making wacky poses filled with happiness and joy.

"Let’s try the ferris wheel!" Sehun says as he tries to pull the boy towards the ride. But the boy just stood still, never wanting to move from his place. A bold red question mark would lift from Sehun’s head brought by his confusion as he asks, "What’s wrong?"

The boy starts to nibble his nails, looking away, “I-I’m af-fraid of, h-heights.” Sehun forms a coy smile as he gently holds the boy’s soft shivering hand, “I’ll be here for you,”

So they went on. Sehun still not letting go of the boy’s hand as the ferris wheel starts, their cab finally reaching the top, “It’s so high! It’s so high! I want to come down!” The boy screams as he closes his eyes tightly.

Sehun shushes his mouth while he grips on to the boy’s hand even tighter, “Look, I’m here with you. You’re not gonna fall ‘cause if you do, we’re both gonna fall, silly. And I can’t let that happen,” Sehun comforts him as Sehun pulls the boy closer to his body, letting the latter’s head lean on to Sehun’s shoulder. “Shhh, don’t cry. I’m with you, okay? Always.” as the boy sniffs, tears already stopping.

"Look how beautiful Seoul is," Sehun says as he looks out from the window cab. Watching how the city lights glow in the silent night, just like how the stars shine for them up from above.

The boy finally sits up, still holding Sehun’s hand as he smiles genuinely looking from afar, “Waaaaaa, It is beautiful!”

"It’s sure is." Sehun replies as he was staring at the boy, still smiling like he was witnessing the happiest angel from the heavens.

 


 

They didn’t realize that it was already dawn and it was just the both of them in the carnival. In fact, there were no available working rides already and its just the two of them, having fun with their own little world by themselves.

They reached a park; a peaceful serene park which felt like it was purposedfully made just for the both of them. They laid down as they looked up the night sky.

"I never knew the sky really looked beautiful at this moment," The boy says as he gazes up.

Sehun doesn’t speak, he was too speechless to even utter a word since he was staring at this most beautiful creature he had just met a few hours ago that actually made his day. He was too busy calculating how on earth is this boy perfeclty molded from the first strand of his hair down to the tip of his tiny toes.

"Oh look, there’s a star!" the boy points out. It was far and tiny though, but it really overshadowed the rays effect of the sun beginning to rise. "Amazing how that little star outshone the rest of the stars," Sehun finally says, now looking up.

"Just like how you just overtook all of me out of all the people I’ve known," Sehun chuckles as his cheek burns in red,

"You know, I really hate you. You were just some stranger who pissed off my day and now you’re someone whom I think I had fallen for. You really had me for just a short period of time, and I didn’t regret that. It’s actually really funny how I had already called this love. I mean, no one would ever believe it is. Well, every lovers start as strangers right? But, I don’t know, it’s really unexplainable. Up until now, I still don’t know your name," Sehun chortled again as he puts his both arms at the back of his head,

"I guess, love really is unpredictable, like literally. I never thought I would fall in love with someone whom I just met hours ago. Our story is really hilarious but," Sehun looks to his side, seeing this adorable boy sleeping delicately beside him like a little angel who got tired from playing flutes and harps.

 

"…I think I really love you."

 


83, 200 s

 


 

Sehun wakes up leaning to a huge trunk of a shady tree with no one. The boy was gone — he’s already gone.

Sehun felt like his heart just shattered into little pieces from the moment he looked to his side sleeping next to an empty space. Pain and sorrow fulfilled him all at the same time. It seemed like he had known this boy for years and now had left him, just like that.

 


 

Sehun enters the same bubble tea store again as he orders the same upper sized Chocolate bubble tea. He sits at the corner, waiting for “H” to be called again.

"So this call is from a foreign Chinese guy," the radio suddenly speaks, making Sehun turn his head to listen.

"Uhm, h-hello," It was him — the boy whom Sehun had loved yesterday, and thinks he will love until today. And for a brief chance, Sehun had already mastered his voice.

"So this is the story of someone I had just met yesterday. Yeah, I know it’s really funny to even think about it," there was a moment of a silence, but he still strived to continue. And Sehun would just listen to every word the boy says.

"There was this guy I really hated from the moment I saw him since we just had the exact order — and even name in a bubble tea store. And he just spilled the milk tea all over me for goodness sake! Ugh, I really hate him." Sehun hears him doing his mannerism about "tsk" as Sehun chuckles,

"I thought everything will start to go well after that, but then ugh, we just rode the same bus. Worst, there were only two vacant seats so we had no choice! So the story goes on with us who eventually fell asleep and woke up without everyone but just the two of us. Until then, we saw a carnival; it seemed like a 24-hour carnival but the rides alreally stopped working since like 3AM in the morning?" Sehun stays on focus, almost like anticipating for some words.

"I won’t say anymore, but we just really had a good freaking time in the carnival, together. For a short period of time, I felt alive and free and happy and contented all at once for the first time in my entire life. And it was him who made me feel that way; that feeling which I really can’t put into words," Sehun smiles as he hears these sentences coming from the boy.

"Is this what you call love? The feeling which I really can’t explain? I know I met him just hours ago but damn, his presence really struck me hard. He had me all night and I had him. Not in a ual manner, but in a soft gentle feeling of having someone to be with you all this time. I think I really fell for him, really. And I don’t really know how and why," the boy stops and started to stutter,

"If ever you’re hearing me right now, can you just tell me your name if we ever meet again? It’ll mean everything to me, I promise. I don’t know your story and all ‘cause I didn’t had the chance to know more. Just your name and it’ll remain enough. Well, at least you should know mine right?" Sehun finally stood up, approaching the radio near the counter waiting for the next words,

"Hi, I’m-" and then it broke. The radio freaking broke. "Damn it!" Sehun growls as he hits the counter. "Sorry kiddo, the battery is low. Here, I’ll put new ones," the manager says as he puts on some fresher batteries.

"What a unique and refreshing love story from Mr. H." the Dj says as it was succeeded by some random song.

“Upper sized Chocolate flavored bubble tea for H!” Sehun approaches the lady, as he grips onto the container, still feeling annoyed and irritated.

He’s feeling it again. He’s feeling those same soft warm fingers again. Only this time, it’s not holding the bubble tea. But Sehun’s delicate fingers as it lets to be entwined with each other.

 

Sehun steps forward as he sees the same gorgeous boy he had loved, hands interlocked with his,

 

“Hi, I’m Sehun,” Sehun finally says, almost tearing up because of the happiness and joy his heart is filled with,

 

"Hi, I’m Luhan."


 

And the counting begins again,